U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 06:07 AM

1,119 posts, read 3,813,287 times

Advertisements

Sounds like Ga Peach must've had some bad experiences...

I'm sorry that you feel sorry about that segment of society

Last edited by ehenningsen; 01-01-2008 at 07:08 AM..

Old 01-01-2008, 08:45 AM

2,707 posts, read 5,340,732 times
Quote:
I think I'm going to be sick.
Or cry.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:58 AM

1,119 posts, read 3,813,287 times
Default look at it this way.

I want to note that there is much of this going on outside of this group of people.

I do not approve of public disregard of personal health and then glorifying it.

There is a percentage of people in all groups that do the same thing, but of course the people most

notable in every grouping are the ones that are the most loud and obnoxious, and thus

that segment looks like a bunch of Mardi Gras drifters...

However, if you look past that group of people there are a vast number of them that are not like that.

And they just like you, all they want is to live a happy life. They have no personal agendas against

anyone, unless that 'anyone' has one against them, which is perfectly normal..

A lot of people think that ALL people are this, or ALL people have this agenda and etc..

It is completely untrue, I know many democrats that believe in 50/50 conservative/liberal type of ideas,

and not because they are disobeying society, but they are tired of having to believe some loud-mouth

making all of these demands..

This is true for every sector of society, it is the most notable that end up representing and creating the

label for the rest of the 95% of people in their same sector that are nowhere near like the loud-mouth,

and society-destroying 5% or less, which is in 'every' sector of society.

I, am one of those that see through this 5% and see that everyone in that 95% group truly wants what is

best not just for themselves, but for society as a whole and with very minute difference in opinions.

This is true for religeous sectors, race, sex, sexual orientation, urban, rural, age and etc..

Most of society are good people just wanting to live, but are victims of the people that end up

representing them.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:51 AM

1,821 posts, read 4,629,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga.Peach View Post
Ok sorry I suspected you . And thanks for reply .
We are Bible believers too so glad theres plenty of churces .

We like greens, corn, okra, carrots and all vegetables .Do yall eat grits and cornbread there ? We love our cornbread, and collards and watermellons .

What about gun rights ? Husband belongs to NRA and a gun club here . But we are peaceful and never had to use it, thank goodness .

Thanks
Thats ok, its so hard on a computer We don't eat alot of grits here but have our fair share of cornbread and watermelon. At least in my family

Old 01-01-2008, 12:10 PM

214 posts, read 432,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by star_gazer View Post
I think I'm going to be sick.

I think I don't blame you .

I want to apoligize to all here for my whineing about all the changes . This is not the place and besides some things are taken wrong beause it is hard to write it all out .

I have been having problems with my grandkids and the effects on them of society used this forum to vent . Also my n-hood is not what it use to be . That is wrong . Sorry to all .

Old 01-01-2008, 12:24 PM

214 posts, read 432,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
Thats ok, its so hard on a computer We don't eat alot of grits here but have our fair share of cornbread and watermelon. At least in my family
This first day of the year, I seem to be having a lot of 'crow' to eat .

What is the best time of year to visit S central Nebraska ?

Old 01-01-2008, 01:09 PM

2,585 posts, read 9,527,342 times
Quote:

If you are thinking of moving than anytime of year. We have 4 seasons and each is unique.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:57 PM

1,821 posts, read 4,629,294 times
Dave is right each of 4 seasons are pretty unique. I guess if anything, not the winter because you have a greater chance of the weather making travel difficult and if you want to play tourist a little, the warmer months are better.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:47 PM

4,231 posts, read 7,241,537 times
Quote:

December or January are usually the coldest months of the year. If you can make it through those two months without climbing the walls you will be OK.

I ride a motorcycle anytime there is no ice or packed snow on the streets. This is the first December going back 20 years that I wasn't able to ride. The cold will not stop me but ice will. When I was young and dumb even ice didn't stop me but I am too easily bent or broken to do that now.

GL2

Old 01-01-2008, 06:01 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,646,690 times
Is it just me or has this thread turned bizarre??!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or