U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 01-02-2008, 02:28 AM
 
482 posts, read 1,601,505 times
Reputation: 176
No I was wondering about how this has gone from needing information on South Central Nebraska to what it is now.

 
Old 01-02-2008, 12:38 PM
 
214 posts, read 318,419 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosnebbear View Post
No I was wondering about how this has gone from needing information on South Central Nebraska to what it is now.

So what part do you want to discuss since you brought it back up ?

Lets here it !

I was seeking info on S.Central Ne. . The politicle culture is why we want to leave here, not the weather . If we wanted a liberal society, we would stay where we'r at .

Although I was a little exstream with my replys, and I apologized for that .
 
Old 01-02-2008, 12:50 PM
 
214 posts, read 318,419 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
If you are thinking of moving than anytime of year. We have 4 seasons and each is unique.
I was thinking of visiting in what may be the worst time of year to see what I may be facing . Guess that would be winter ?
 
Old 01-02-2008, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Papillion
2,583 posts, read 6,826,711 times
Reputation: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga.Peach View Post
I was thinking of visiting in what may be the worst time of year to see what I may be facing . Guess that would be winter ?
If cold is what you define as worst, then yes - from Dec to Feb for the worst.
If heat is what you define as worst, then no - late June to early Aug for the worst.
 
Old 01-02-2008, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Omaha, NE
1,119 posts, read 2,909,784 times
Reputation: 379
Unhappy Ga peach..

I'm sure your a peaceful person and that you mean very well...

But you just basically said that if I catch a disease that I should be quarentened.

You also said that you are sad that your grandchildren are unfortunately being exposed to cultures other than what's in the bible and the 10 commandments..

You expressed concerns about taking guns away from you as your a peaceful person..

So far your 3 for 3 on the ideals of nazi'sm without any further explanation, I am seriously in a state of shock and depression for the views that have been made towards people like me.

Let me give a brief bio of who I am:

I work 40+ hours a week and go to school full-time without any type of grants or free gifts.
My family is heavily christian and are not specific to any particular denomination, some are Lutheran, Catholic, Pentacostal, and some are what they consider as Non-Denominational.
I was raised as a christian, and was being told that I am the way I am because I have let satan and sin in my life.
They did give me a message of hope, they let me know that I can be changed, really the thought was of a good natured and full of love, but after the hopelessness and distraut that came from that settled in, I basically settled for just working and going to school.

Let me ask you this, since you feel that people with a disease and homosexual nature (combined) should be (basically) in a concentration camp, what do you propose that I do?
What would you like to tell somebody like me that works and contributes to society, that harms nobody and wants to live as close to a normal life as possible?
Am I suppose to just pretend that I am not what I really am? Am I suppose to be silent about this side of me, and hope that nobody out in the world will realize the horrible
nature of someone like me may 'actually' exist?
Or do you suppose that every month I should get checked for a disease, and if I have one, to then drop my job and school books and call the nearest quarenteen facility to have them come and get me?

What would you propose? And don't worry about offending anyone, people understand that you have a good nature..

I'm sure with your strong stance against my type, that you have a very good way for me to change, after all. I would not mind at all to drop being that way, as long as I can finally be free from having to feel stupid, depressed, lonely from people and god, as the majority of people and their religeon don't want my nature around..

Last edited by ehenningsen; 01-02-2008 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: wah wah wah
 
Old 01-02-2008, 06:48 PM
 
Location: southwest Nebraska and northwest Kansas
2,102 posts, read 2,762,372 times
Reputation: 1453
Guys, I would point out, much as I disagree with what she said, GA Peach did apologize for what she described as putting her foot in her mouth. (Which I think was very graceful, btw)
 
Old 01-02-2008, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Central Nebraska
1,823 posts, read 3,360,080 times
Reputation: 5038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
If cold is what you define as worst, then yes - from Dec to Feb for the worst.
If heat is what you define as worst, then no - late June to early Aug for the worst.
To add to that: If snow, you may look into March, we can get some big snowfalls then.

If storms and tornadoes-Late April through June.

Fall can be nasty and windy too, just to not leave any months out! Nebraska weather can be crazy, just wait 10 min. and it will change.

We do have beautiful weather sometimes too!
 
Old 01-02-2008, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Omaha, NE
1,119 posts, read 2,909,784 times
Reputation: 379
Default rreally,

she didn't need to apologize, she has every right to say how she feels..

Apologies are just another way of enforcing politically correctness..
 
Old 01-02-2008, 10:41 PM
 
Location: southwest Nebraska and northwest Kansas
2,102 posts, read 2,762,372 times
Reputation: 1453
Or reminding ourselves of our manners and tactfulness...
 
Old 01-03-2008, 02:05 AM
 
214 posts, read 318,419 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
I'm sure your a peaceful person and that you mean very well...

But you just basically said that if I catch a disease that I should be quarentened.

You also said that you are sad that your grandchildren are unfortunately being exposed to cultures other than what's in the bible and the 10 commandments..

You expressed concerns about taking guns away from you as your a peaceful person..

So far your 3 for 3 on the ideals of nazi'sm without any further explanation, I am seriously in a state of shock and depression for the views that have been made towards people like me.

Let me give a brief bio of who I am:

I work 40+ hours a week and go to school full-time without any type of grants or free gifts.
My family is heavily christian and are not specific to any particular denomination, some are Lutheran, Catholic, Pentacostal, and some are what they consider as Non-Denominational.
I was raised as a christian, and was being told that I am the way I am because I have let satan and sin in my life.
They did give me a message of hope, they let me know that I can be changed, really the thought was of a good natured and full of love, but after the hopelessness and distraut that came from that settled in, I basically settled for just working and going to school.

Let me ask you this, since you feel that people with a disease and homosexual nature (combined) should be (basically) in a concentration camp, what do you propose that I do?
What would you like to tell somebody like me that works and contributes to society, that harms nobody and wants to live as close to a normal life as possible?
Am I suppose to just pretend that I am not what I really am? Am I suppose to be silent about this side of me, and hope that nobody out in the world will realize the horrible
nature of someone like me may 'actually' exist?
Or do you suppose that every month I should get checked for a disease, and if I have one, to then drop my job and school books and call the nearest quarenteen facility to have them come and get me?

What would you propose? And don't worry about offending anyone, people understand that you have a good nature..

I'm sure with your strong stance against my type, that you have a very good way for me to change, after all. I would not mind at all to drop being that way, as long as I can finally be free from having to feel stupid, depressed, lonely from people and god, as the majority of people and their religeon don't want my nature around..

First off since you brought it back up and even called me one of the worse names you can call someone 'NAZI' I must tell you that if you have a deadly ' contagious desease ' than if I had my way , you'd be in a hospital ,not concentration camp . At least with TB someone has a better chance of survival , yet they keep them isolated from the public and from infecting others .

Also I doubt I have nearly the contempt for what you do in your private life than most if truth were known . I visited a club a few years ago wth my spouse and his co-worker . There was a couple in there ready to attack someone [ homosexual ] who was very drunk , we took him home to save him from them . The 'tolerant ' liberals kept their mouth shut and didn't defend him , we took the stranger to his house .

I don't care what you do in private . But keep it away from the kids . They have enough to deal with ,thanks to the ' tolerence of too many parents who allowed perverts of all kinds to invade their schools .

Most homosexuals may not carry guns, but they kill in other ways a hell of a lot more innocents than any legal law biding gun owner like my husband . Don't forget that thousands die from aids every year, not counting all the hepititis and other STD related deaths in the homosexual community .

I forgot to tell yall, I'm not POLITICALLY CORRECT . Also I don't think most of you here ever saw S central Ne. from what I hear it'still conservative area .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top