U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 02:14 AM

214 posts, read 322,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
To add to that: If snow, you may look into March, we can get some big snowfalls then.

If storms and tornadoes-Late April through June.

Fall can be nasty and windy too, just to not leave any months out! Nebraska weather can be crazy, just wait 10 min. and it will change.

We do have beautiful weather sometimes too!
My husand doesn't like cold and I don't like the hot summers . But we both like the changing seasons . we are seniors so it's not as easy to take the extremes like we use to . Thanks

Old 01-03-2008, 06:00 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,940,401 times
Default good call..

I don't know where you get your information, but I'd be afraid to meet the source, lol...

Also, if your honestly that way, then I honestly do not want approval from your 'type.'

One more thing to note, I think it's too politically correct to 'hide' who I am, just as much

as you think it's too politically correct to 'not' flaunt your biblical judgements.

So, to 'not' be politically correct, I don't think Nebraska is simple minded enough for you, you may

want to check further north, or in the Applachians..

One thing to note, you are correct on the prevalance of certain illnesses with 'my type,' and I agree that there are a few who are completely
careless and gross. But for those like myself who are constantly considered a disease to society and children, there truly is no cure. I have
tried over and again to change, but I cannot. At this current time I have no way to cure this side of me, if someone manages to find a cure I'd be very happy to follow up with treatments.

There actually are, however, a large number within my 'type' that are careful. I don't know if it is actually a good thing to 'hide' children from my type, the reason is that for the ones who grow up and become 'homosexual perverts' they will not only not be educated on how to handle their situation, which for the large part means that they end up growing up with little or no self respect, and could care less if they catch a disease or not. The reason for the subclass of people like myself who actually end up with self-respect, we coming to the reality that people are allowed to say what they want and when they want, because being forced to be 'nice' is the same thing as being politically correct, right?
Good luck!

Last edited by ehenningsen; 01-03-2008 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: blah blah blah

Old 01-03-2008, 07:47 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,940,401 times
Default oh yeah..

I would re-read that post, I actually did not call you a nazi, you big silly!

Old 01-03-2008, 07:55 AM

2,133 posts, read 2,852,968 times
Quote:
Also I don't think most of you here ever saw S central Ne. from what I hear it'still conservative area .
I hate to break this to you, but I live in an even more conservative area than you're looking at. lol And yes, I've been in south central many times. I have a lot of friends and family in the GI/Kearney area. (and they have hot, humid summers and cold winters, btw. not as cold as the rest of Nebraska, but they're sitting in snow as we speak.)

I'm inclined to think you're looking for a place that doesn't exist.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:46 AM

2,671 posts, read 3,716,759 times
I think there is some confusion going on here. At least I know I am confused.

HIV/AIDS is a disease. It is a problem in both the Homosexual community and the heterosexual community. Quarantines have been used in the past for various highly contagious diseases and that practice is used even today. An example is the recent hoopla over an infected TB patient that came to the United States on an airliner. TB can be passed on by breathing in the germs expelled into the air by an infected person. Some TB strains are resistant to antibiotics making them very dangerous. In certain cases quarantine is the only option. Ebola in Africa is another example where quarantine has and is being used effectively.

Quarantining of infected HIV/AIDS patients has only been used in some cases in the United States. Even in our prisons inmates with AIDS/HIV are allowed into the general population because of lawsuits filed by various "civil rights" organizations. There is a law on the books in Nebraska that allows charges of Second Degree Murder to be filed against a person who is HIV POSITIVE if they DO NOT tell a partner that they are infected before having unprotected sex. As far as I know there have only been two cases where a conviction has resulted from this law.

I don't think anyone wants to see concentration camps set up where HIV/AIDS infected people would be sent. However I think and I'll bet a lot of you who read this would like to see HIV treated like other STD's. For instance if you are diagnosed with Gono. . .(the clap), syphillis or several other STD's, your Doctor MUST report this to the County Health department. The County then sends out someone who talks to the infected person and they must tell that official the names of any partners that they have had contact with. Syphillis may kill you if left untreated and the only way the Clap will kill you is if you give it to MY girlfriend. HIV/AiDS however is a death sentence. Doesn't it make sense to treat this disease in a similar way to the other STD's? Homosexual or Heterosexual.

GL2

Old 01-03-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
I hate to break this to you, but I live in an even more conservative area than you're looking at. lol And yes, I've been in south central many times. I have a lot of friends and family in the GI/Kearney area. (and they have hot, humid summers and cold winters, btw. not as cold as the rest of Nebraska, but they're sitting in snow as we speak.)

I'm inclined to think you're looking for a place that doesn't exist.

I didn't say all here, I said most here probably never were there .

Old 01-03-2008, 10:26 AM

4,179 posts, read 5,544,786 times
Good heavens.

As an ex-EMT, a mom, and an ER tech, as well as a few other things (including a born-n-bred Sutherner) I am appalled.

No one's getting quarantined for anything - not even MRSA - which killed 18,000 people in 2005, compared to 11,000 people with AIDs in the US. And MRSA can be spread by casual contact, not just sex or blood. We used to tell the newbies who were terrified of getting AIDs from our patients - "Why? You gonna sleep with them?"

Know who is the fastest growing segment of the population with HIV? Heterosexual women over the age of 25.

There is a BIG difference between a gay person and a pedophile. Most pedophiles are primarily heterosexual, even the ones that abuse children of their own sex. It's about power and superiority, not about sexual preference. 'Keeping gays away from kids' - not so much. Keep the pedophiles and child abusers and monsters away from kids. Preferably with a branding iron.

I'm not gay. Don't care if anyone else is - just as I don't care what sort of 'weird' sexual practices any heterosexuals indulge in, in the privacy of their own bedrooms. Keep your hands off my knees and keep your consenting-adult sexual activities to yourself, and we'll get along fine.

I'm looking to move to Nebraska (along with other states in that region, depending on what I can find that suits my needs )- but not to find like-minded people with similar attitudes and affiliations. I'm looking to move to
a quiet place where hubby and I can raise our own vegies, chickens, cattle, horses, etc, and live together, hunt and fish together, and enjoy the seasons - all of them. I want my kids to have a place where they can bring their families to be happy - for a vacation, or a lifetime. I don't expect the land or the seasons to conform to me and my preferences, anymore than I expect the peoples' attitudes, beliefs, or mores to do so. I am coming to enjoy what IS - not what I can demand from it. People who look for the opposite will always be disappointed - because they are looking for disparities, not similarities. IMHO.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Good heavens.

As an ex-EMT, a mom, and an ER tech, as well as a few other things (including a born-n-bred Sutherner) I am appalled.

No one's getting quarantined for anything - not even MRSA - which killed 18,000 people in 2005, compared to 11,000 people with AIDs in the US. And MRSA can be spread by casual contact, not just sex or blood. We used to tell the newbies who were terrified of getting AIDs from our patients - "Why? You gonna sleep with them?"

Know who is the fastest growing segment of the population with HIV? Heterosexual women over the age of 25.

There is a BIG difference between a gay person and a pedophile. Most pedophiles are primarily heterosexual, even the ones that abuse children of their own sex. It's about power and superiority, not about sexual preference. 'Keeping gays away from kids' - not so much. Keep the pedophiles and child abusers and monsters away from kids. Preferably with a branding iron.

I'm not gay. Don't care if anyone else is - just as I don't care what sort of 'weird' sexual practices any heterosexuals indulge in, in the privacy of their own bedrooms. Keep your hands off my knees and keep your consenting-adult sexual activities to yourself, and we'll get along fine.

I'm looking to move to Nebraska (along with other states in that region, depending on what I can find that suits my needs )- but not to find like-minded people with similar attitudes and affiliations. I'm looking to move to
a quiet place where hubby and I can raise our own vegies, chickens, cattle, horses, etc, and live together, hunt and fish together, and enjoy the seasons - all of them. I want my kids to have a place where they can bring their families to be happy - for a vacation, or a lifetime. I don't expect the land or the seasons to conform to me and my preferences, anymore than I expect the peoples' attitudes, beliefs, or mores to do so. I am coming to enjoy what IS - not what I can demand from it. People who look for the opposite will always be disappointed - because they are looking for disparities, not similarities. IMHO.

Geepers, you'd make good campaigner for the ' cause' with such an emotional defense of certain groups . Aslo your opinion didn't seem so 'humble' to me . Seems like you could probably live about anywhere and get along with everybody, so why are you moving away from family and friends ?

I had already admitted my mistake of posting my politicle views here , but most wanted to keep it going to promote their own agendas . Since your so ' tolerrant' why take sides ? Or are you just tolerant of of certain people ? What does being n EMT have to do with anything , although a well respected job, it doesn't make one some kind of genius with all the answers .

I wonder if you speak out with such compassion on conservative issues . I kinda doubt it .

I sure before long every state in the nation will be tolerant of whatever is PC .

Also I could prove most of your reply in-correct, but it wouldn't do any good . Their is an agenda to recruit children into dangerous lifestyles both straight and homosexual , and all the denials won't change that .

Maybe theres something you can't tolerant in SC ? Seems this homosexual thing is personal with you .

Old 01-03-2008, 11:38 AM

4,179 posts, read 5,544,786 times
Not that it's any of your business, but...
My family here is dead. (I'm older than I look.) Except for my daughter, who has a great job and will rent our house when we move; which will set her up to save money and be more comfortable. The house we bought 23 years ago is about to be purchased by an industrial development, for much more than we bought it for - she will rent it until it is sold and share in the profits. My sons, brother, and cousins all live elsewhere, from ID to CA. Our whole family likes the scenery and the temperatures of the West.

My beloved husband of 25 years has become crippled and can no longer work at firefighting or paramedic work. He can however do other tasks. We have always wanted to live where there is snow,
and raise our own animals and vegetables. Some of which we have done here, with a greenhouse, etc. But we will retire to a peaceable place. We come from a peaceable place, but because the snowbirds are moving south in droves, the prices are going up, and owning a farm here is not feasible any more. Did I mention we like seasons and snow.

How typical from your previous posts that you would turn it into a personal attack.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Not that it's any of your business, but...
My family here is dead. (I'm older than I look.) Except for my daughter, who has a great job and will rent our house when we move; which will set her up to save money and be more comfortable. The house we bought 23 years ago is about to be purchased by an industrial development, for much more than we bought it for - she will rent it until it is sold and share in the profits. My sons, brother, and cousins all live elsewhere, from ID to CA. Our whole family likes the scenery and the temperatures of the West.

My beloved husband of 25 years has become crippled and can no longer work at firefighting or paramedic work. He can however do other tasks. We have always wanted to live where there is snow,
and raise our own animals and vegetables. Some of which we have done here, with a greenhouse, etc. But we will retire to a peaceable place. We come from a peaceable place, but because the snowbirds are moving south in droves, the prices are going up, and owning a farm here is not feasible any more. Did I mention we like seasons and snow.

How typical from your previous posts that you would turn it into a personal attack.

Re-read your first post to me . It's full of attacks and insults to me, who made you defender of the homosexuaol cause anyway ? I have my opinions too . IMHO,hehe!

PS. we have some thing in common, my husband is also handicapped and what you have said ,we each like animals, 'some people' gardenng, fishing and privacy . So lets just agree to disagree .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska