Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 11:03 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,860,391 times

Advertisements

Political Correctness has taken the place of common sense in the past fifty years.

RACISM is about biological differences like skin color, hair, facial shapes etc..
CULTURE covers a wide variety of things. Music, clothing styles, speech patterns, food choices and a few other things.
ETHNICITY is loosely defined as a group with a shared History, Ancestry or a common religion.
But what is BIGOTRY?
Am I a BIGOT if I hate someone because they have a different skin color? IMO YES.
Am I a BIGOT if I don't like you because you have a funny accent? Probably yes.
Am I a BIGOT if I don't like you because you have slant eyes, kinky hair, are too fat, too skinny, bowlegged, Probably yes.
Am I a BIGOT if I don't like the food you like. Probably not.
Am I a BIGOT if I don't like the music you listen to? Probably not.
Am I a BIGOT if I don't like music that suggests a lifestyle I find offensive. Not in my opinion.
Am I a BIGOT if I hate you because you worship a GOD that wants you to kill me if I don't worship your GOD? Not in my opinion.
That is the difference between BIGOTRY and common sense.

NEWSFLASH people. There are millions of people in this world that hate everything the United States has stood for in the past. Maybe some have a legitimate reason but most don't. However because of Political Correctness we have allowed thousands of these people that hate us into this country both legally and illegally. If not for Political Correctness and White Guilt do you think Barack Obama would have been elected President TWICE? I read his book DREAMS FROM MY FATHER and after reading it there was no way I would ever have voted for him. Many will say that makes me a Racist and a Bigot but guess what? I am supporting Ben Carson if he runs for President in 2016 and I supported Herman Cain in his run in 2012. I also think Clarence Thomas was the victim of a vicious RACIST attack when he was being confirmed as a SCOTUS member.

We have let thousands of militant Muslims in this country some have already tried to kill us and how many more will do so in the future? Is is BIGOTRY to want to keep them out of this country? Hell No, it is common senses.
Gunluvver2

Old 11-19-2014, 12:18 PM

47 posts, read 89,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Political Correctness has taken the place of common sense in the past fifty years.

RACISM is about biological differences like skin color, hair, facial shapes etc..
CULTURE covers a wide variety of things. Music, clothing styles, speech patterns, food choices and a few other things.
ETHNICITY is loosely defined as a group with a shared History, Ancestry or a common religion.

But what is BIGOTRY?
Am I a BIGOT if I hate someone because they have a different skin color? IMO YES.
Am I a BIGOT if I don't like you because you have slant eyes, kinky hair, are too fat, too skinny, bowlegged, Probably yes.
Am I a BIGOT if I don't like music that suggests a lifestyle I find offensive. Not in my opinion.
Am I a BIGOT if I hate you because you worship a GOD that wants you to kill me if I don't worship your GOD? Not in my opinion.

Gunluvver2
Dang good definitions..

How frustrating it can be for someone to call me an "A$$-whole" for the simple fact I may not agree with your position/opinion/lifestyle, even though I do not voice my opposition and I fully support your right to do so.. However, thats part of being a parent...

Good Post! Gunluvver2

Old 11-19-2014, 02:05 PM

68 posts, read 121,613 times
Quote:

But what is BIGOTRY?

NEWSFLASH people. There are millions of people in this world that hate everything the United States has stood for in the past. Maybe some have a legitimate reason but most don't. However because of Political Correctness we have allowed thousands of these people that hate us into this country both legally and illegally. If not for Political Correctness and White Guilt do you think Barack Obama would have been elected President TWICE? I read his book DREAMS FROM MY FATHER and after reading it there was no way I would ever have voted for him. Many will say that makes me a Racist and a Bigot but guess what? I am supporting Ben Carson if he runs for President in 2016 and I supported Herman Cain in his run in 2012. I also think Clarence Thomas was the victim of a vicious RACIST attack when he was being confirmed as a SCOTUS member.

We have let thousands of militant Muslims in this country some have already tried to kill us and how many more will do so in the future? Is is BIGOTRY to want to keep them out of this country? Hell No, it is common senses.
Gunluvver2
Infinite reps!

Old 11-19-2014, 08:51 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,684,647 times
So moral of this post is.... Muslims=bad?

Old 11-19-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
So moral of this post is.... Muslims=bad?
No the moral is: A Muslim that will kill you because you are not a Muslim or if you are a Muslim and believe differently you are a heretic and must be killed is BAD in my opinion. .Do all Muslims believe Christians, Jews etc are infidels and must be killed or converted? I have no idea. Ask any Muslims you know.
Gunluvver2

Old 11-19-2014, 10:01 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,684,647 times
Quote:
No the moral is: A Muslim that will kill you because you are not a Muslim or if you are a Muslim and believe differently you are a heretic and must be killed is BAD in my opinion. .Do all Muslims believe Christians, Jews etc are infidels and must be killed or converted? I have no idea. Ask any Muslims you know.
Gunluvver2
Not all Muslims believe that. Only a slim minority thinks anything remotely like that. America's media just loves sensationalism. Everything is sensationalized these days. Interaction with people reveals the truth.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:49 AM

344 posts, read 416,567 times
Quote:
If not for Political Correctness and White Guilt do you think Barack Obama would have been elected President TWICE?
Yes I do! I am getting old and the political process has never been more fascinating to watch. And now we have FOX News and MSNBC to give us the play by play.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:38 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,435,548 times
If the only way to keep out the evil Muslims is to keep out ALL Muslims, then YES, that's what must be done. Apparently, there are those who are horrified at the notion of even thinking along those lines and that's why it's necessary to do it now. This country is at risk.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:49 PM

72,970 posts, read 62,547,130 times
What does any of this have to do with Nebraska?

Old 11-20-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What does any of this have to do with Nebraska?
What part of Nebraska do you live in green_mariner? Here in Lincoln we have several hundred (maybe thousands by now) immigrants from places like Chad, Somali etc. Many are Muslim but not all. Many communities ( i.e. Grand Island, Lexington, Schuyler S.Sioux City etc.) that have packing houses have similar populations. Grand Island Muslims refused to work unless their employer allowed them time to do their daily prayers during the five times required by their religion. Right now they are a minority but a few years/decades down the road that may not be the case. Do you want to live in a country where Sharia Law is the Law of the Land? I would die first! and if Sharia Law is the Law that would be a sure thing. Screw tolerance. I vote for survival.

Gunluvver2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska