U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,975 times

Advertisements

I'm from Scottsbluff and am the student body president at the high school. I've also done work for the city council for the high school, so I suppose I can answer a lot of questions. So far it seems they've been answered pretty well, but let me know if you have any more..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 03:05 PM

14 posts, read 53,345 times
Default Felonspy.com

Yep I checked out my neighborhood and there aren't that many houses for miles. No one I ever heard of either. Of course Scottsbluff does have two unsolved murders now.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:35 PM

2,007 posts, read 3,442,654 times
I would like to live on the outskirts of the actual town I think. Having never been there (yet) I'm not sure if what I want is even available in or near Scottsbluff. I'm thinking of around 20 acres or so, some trees (I know they're kinda scarce in western NE). I'll build a log home there and will need electricity, water and probably a cess pool. Of course internet of some kind so I can continue to bother you folks! Remote but not so far out of town I have to make a day trip just to shop. Thanks to you all for any info.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:50 PM

2,707 posts, read 5,344,621 times
Really, if you're looking for an acreage, you might consider one of the smaller towns in the area. 20 acres on the edge of Scottsbluff/Gering is going to run you easily two or three times what 20 acres on the edge of Bayard, for example, would.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:12 PM

22 posts, read 76,895 times
Default Sounds like you would like the Lake Minatare area

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
I would like to live on the outskirts of the actual town I think. Having never been there (yet) I'm not sure if what I want is even available in or near Scottsbluff. I'm thinking of around 20 acres or so, some trees (I know they're kinda scarce in western NE). I'll build a log home there and will need electricity, water and probably a cess pool. Of course internet of some kind so I can continue to bother you folks! Remote but not so far out of town I have to make a day trip just to shop. Thanks to you all for any info.
Jeepejeep,

I grew up 15 miles out of Scottsbluff, next to Lake Minatare. There is a lot of trees around the lake. Many of my neighbors lived on 10+ acres. You should check it out. The area is very pretty and peaceful. It only took 20 minutes to run into town. Plus, there is some cool minituare bluffs there too. The lake was in the front of the house, the bluffs in the back. It was a very picturesque place to grow up.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:32 AM

Wow, thank you very much, guys. Yes ,I'm not wedded to any perticular town but all the good things said about Scottsbluff and the area in general made me like it. I'm sure open to saving money and as long as I'd be that close to Scottsbluff I think that would be great. I just really need a nice quiet small town life after all my life near NYC. I feel so good when I get into upstate NY where there's friendly people, woods, wildlife and so much less congestion. My friend moved to Gillette WY a few years ago and I love that place. The constant wind there would drive me buggy though. I understand there's wind in NE too but from what I read not as bad ad WY.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:02 PM

6 posts, read 21,775 times
DSQUARED08 my folks had a cabin out at Lake Minatare at one time..north side across from the North Platte Valley Club, back in the 1970s! Anyhow, to the original poster: I grew up in Gering (just south of Scottsbluff) and my Dad still lives there. It is always a pleasure and a wonder to visit this great area and it is one of the prettiest places to live in Nebraska. Weather is very "Denveresque"--warm and dry in the summer, some cold and bitter days in the winter but with little snow. I would recommend the area to anyone and perhaps someday I may return to the area to retire. Can't think of a better place!

Old 03-28-2008, 04:11 PM

22 posts, read 76,895 times
Jaydublu,

I know just where you are talking about. I love the lake area. I took it for granted growing up out there. It took moving away to appreciate it.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:45 PM

My wife and I have been talking about where to go after retirement and she brought up a good point. She had a very bad health scare 2 years ago and now needs testing on a regular basis. Are there any centers in or near Scottsbluff that do MRI's and sonograms? If the worst happens and the condition reoccurs, what about cancer treatment centers? Thanks.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:09 PM

1,821 posts, read 4,631,471 times
Sorry to hear about your wife, well wishes to her. I guessing you can get those services in Scottsbluff. I browsed the hospital website and there is a cancer treatment center there. Here is the site:
Welcome to Regional West Health Services

I'm sure if you contacted them they would be happy to answer your questions. I don't have personal experience with Regional West, but have heard nothing but positive things about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska