Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 12:35 PM

475 posts, read 2,229,963 times

Advertisements

I have to say though... this winter is starting to wear on me.

Personally, once the kids are on their own... I think my wife and I will probably find our way to the southwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 07:22 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,376,423 times
Quote:
I always worry when people say they would do anything, give up anything, for the love of their life. Probably a symptom of advancing age but I prefer to call it experience and observation.
I agree, however, I also think that refusing to move somewhere for someone else is not a good idea either. It is not "giving up everything" to move to RI or any other state.

RI is nice. The beach, lots of trees, the whole state seems sort of like a suburb of Boston. You can find good things about RI if you want to. You can learn to like RI for RI, not compare it to Nebraska. You sound young. You have no idea where life may take you.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:52 PM

45 posts, read 130,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
I agree, however, I also think that refusing to move somewhere for someone else is not a good idea either. It is not "giving up everything" to move to RI or any other state.

RI is nice. The beach, lots of trees, the whole state seems sort of like a suburb of Boston. You can find good things about RI if you want to. You can learn to like RI for RI, not compare it to Nebraska. You sound young. You have no idea where life may take you.
Hi, thanks for your perspective, but actually I'm not THAT young ot THAT old. I'm 43 with the most wonderful son going to college in the upcoming fall. I own my own home, work full time, go to school at night for the past couple of years, take country line dancing, and teach myself the acoustic guitar in between all that. However, I am a sentimental fool with an young sentimental heart, totally in love with someone from Nebraska who for reasons I must accept I am just not cappable of understanding, cannot move to RI. I guess I put up this post just to get an idea of what people think is really important, and if they think that there could or should be some way to find a middle ground in everything in life, including this sort of scenario. I do love RI, and Nebraska; maybe even more so. So "how's the weather over there, right about now?"

Old 01-22-2008, 09:05 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,136,711 times
Well the weather is cold, like single and below digits at night, but things are looking to be above freezing later this week. We have some darn good women out here, don't we. Good luck with your decision. If by chance, you come out here, let us know so we can put out the welcome signs

Old 01-22-2008, 09:33 PM

45 posts, read 130,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
Well the weather is cold, like single and below digits at night, but things are looking to be above freezing later this week. We have some darn good women out here, don't we. Good luck with your decision. If by chance, you come out here, let us know so we can put out the welcome signs

Oh geez, I'm afraid you took me for a male......in this case I am the woman,But thank you all the same. I did get those wonderful welcome signs when I did get to visit. Boy, how I wish I was there.

Thank you all,
Fromt the Ocean state

Old 01-23-2008, 07:49 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,136,711 times
I'm soo sorry. Can I have a mulligan on my last post? Best of luck to you.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:48 AM

11 posts, read 36,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by star_gazer View Post
I have to say though... this winter is starting to wear on me.

Personally, once the kids are on their own... I think my wife and I will probably find our way to the southwest.
Amen to that.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:49 AM

11 posts, read 36,533 times
Rhode Island ... without a doubt.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:29 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,672,296 times
I'm a transplant from the east coast. Lived most of my life there. Moved out here for "love" and not sorry for it.
BUT; I lived in Newport Rhode Island for a little over a year. I absolutely loved it. And it's my favorite place in the U.S.
I'm a person that loves the ocean and fresh seafood. I would go to the ocean in good, bad, or any kind of mood. Always when I'd leave it I'd feel refreshed. I love the smell of the air in ocean areas.
So for me, I'd move to Rhode Island. There is lots of beauty out there. Even something as simple as a park and lots of folks flying kites of various sizes shapes and colors. It's a nice place to just drive around or find a nice place for a picnic. I could go on and on.
Have a Beautiful Day Everyone

Old 04-22-2008, 08:28 AM

300 posts, read 1,176,251 times
I would move to where ever my husband wanted me to. But my husband knows me and knows where I would and would not want to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska