U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:28 PM

438 posts, read 1,423,664 times

Advertisements

So we will most likely be moving to Nebraska in April! What do I need to know about Nebraska people? I understand that Nebraska football is a religion there. Since Bo Pellini will be the head coach (formerly def.coach at LSU. Geaux Tigers!) I think I'll be able to cheer for them. I hate Hillary, so I think I'm ok there as well. What else do I need to know?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 04:35 PM

2,589 posts, read 9,838,896 times
Generally:
conservative (unless you are in Lincoln and some Omaha)
nice and caring
proud of the midwest, their state, and their hometown
will go out of their way to help people (if fact Omaha was rated one of the highest cities in the nation for volunteerism and philonthopic support)
very hard working

Old 01-24-2008, 04:42 PM

438 posts, read 1,423,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Generally:
conservative (unless you are in Lincoln and some Omaha)
nice and caring
proud of the midwest, their state, and their hometown
will go out of their way to help people (if fact Omaha was rated one of the highest cities in the nation for volunteerism and philonthopic support)
very hard working
It seems like the best people I've met, and I've met many in 10 years of military affiliation, come from the Midwest. Hubby is from Kansas. I just wanted to raise my kids to be nice, hardworking people and Nebraska seems like the place to do so.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:12 PM

1,119 posts, read 3,931,397 times
Default the nebraska way..

1. We take pride in our accomplishments, and we work hard..
2. Nebraska politics is different than most places, but yes (I'm a libertarian/democrat) we are more conservative as we take pride in our hard work.
3. Spiritualism, There are many christians and there are many that are not,
but its not a war for who is right, we seem to see eye to eye more..
4. Friends/Family will always be #1, there maybe spots here and there that
are different, however, for the most part that's how we are.

We aren't perfect, but we try to be

Old 01-25-2008, 06:43 PM

2,707 posts, read 5,664,914 times
Generally speaking: Stubborn and independant, but unusually willing to compromise.

My take on us Nebraskans in a nutshell.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:55 PM

58,042 posts, read 50,559,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momlady530 View Post
So we will most likely be moving to Nebraska in April! What do I need to know about Nebraska people? I understand that Nebraska football is a religion there. Since Bo Pellini will be the head coach (formerly def.coach at LSU. Geaux Tigers!) I think I'll be able to cheer for them. I hate Hillary, so I think I'm ok there as well. What else do I need to know?
I don't like Hilary either, but I like soccer, not football(at least American football). I wonder how that would go for me if I ever went to NE?

Old 01-25-2008, 09:31 PM

7 posts, read 36,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momlady530 View Post
We are moving to Nebraska in February.

The very first thing I will be doing is hanging up my LSU flag. WOOO HOOO. I don't care if I do get beat up. Geaux Tigers is right!

Old 01-25-2008, 09:40 PM

2,589 posts, read 9,838,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyle View Post
We are moving to Nebraska in February.

The very first thing I will be doing is hanging up my LSU flag. WOOO HOOO. I don't care if I do get beat up. Geaux Tigers is right!
You will get a lot of razing, but will all be in good fun... people will be more supportive of LSU because of Bo.... Welcome

Old 01-26-2008, 12:17 AM

1,821 posts, read 4,798,165 times
Well, we live on a bunch of flat land, which we use to raise corn and cows. When the cows are fat we take them to the big city cow towns Lincoln and Omaha. During the winter those not in the cow towns of Lincoln and Omaha we sit in our sod houses and dream about cable tv and the internet. Course Lincoln and Omaha are like those wild west towns in the movies with lots of shootouts. On Sundays we take the covered wagons into town for church. Saturdays are for football, as this is the only thing, other than corn and cows, that we do. Of course this is not when we are running from natives or buffalo or dealing with our daily bouts with tornadoes or blizzards.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:56 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,406,849 times
Nebraskans are great people. I dated one in college and still good friends with her. She is a sweet person and is hillarious at times. I also went to college with a few Nebraskans and had a couple of friends from there or ex-South Dakotans who live there. The ones I know are friendly people who have common sense and an uncanny desire for Huskers football. I have a hard time understanding all of the state pulling for one college team, because I am used to a long-time in-state rivalry of South Dakota and South Dakota State University in South Dakota (which will hopefully be more interesting with South Dakota moving into D-1 and SDSU in D-1 with both in D-1AA football). The unified spirit of Nebraska via Huskers is impressive to me.

When I travel through Nebraska, most of the people are courteous and sincere. I can remember on a family trip in my junior high years of a farmer pulling over and letting us through on a highway and waving us on. There were other instances of acts of kindness that I have encountered in the great state. If you show them respect, they generally return it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska