U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 04:07 PM

2,583 posts, read 7,081,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah30:18 View Post
That kind of looks like the same framework as one of Spain's modern bridges (forgot the name). Have you ever seen pics of "The Swan" bridge in the Netherlands. Hope this one's like those!
Here is a link to the rendering of the finished product...

City of Omaha Pedestrian Bridge Pictures (http://cityofomaha.org/departments/mayor/EconDev/PedestrianBridgePictures.htm - broken link)

What is being finished now is just the decking - pavement and lighting need to be added -

I think it is to open late summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 04:26 PM

156 posts, read 390,941 times
Wow, dave1215 - thanks! those pics do look a lot like the European bridges. The top part almost looks like the Millau Viaduct. Beautiful. How exciting.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:28 AM

4,179 posts, read 5,754,413 times
Well, I made it here last Wednesday and have been here ever since; must have hundreds of pictures.... all different types of weather and places. We have had everything from rain and ice pellets to snow and 60 degree weather.. it has been fun!
Attached Thumbnails
Nebraska Pictures-sm-berry-falls-visitor.jpg   Nebraska Pictures-smith-falls-ice.jpg   Nebraska Pictures-frosty-evening.jpg  

Old 03-30-2008, 08:33 AM

1,823 posts, read 3,467,059 times
Glad you made it okay and great pics. How have you liked it thus far, hope those northern Nebraskan's are treating you well.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:05 PM

2,947 posts, read 1,096,128 times
Hello fellow Nebraskins; Glad that I am exploreing today. Glad to meet you all.
I got so caught up in the cheers area that I hadn't gotten to all that this CD offers.
I've been here 5 years, in Omaha. (so still a wee bit green) And haven't found all Omaha and the rest of the state has to offer. I've been getting plenty of much appreciated help from folks here.
I love the pix posted and am awestruck by the beauty.
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.
S-R

Old 03-31-2008, 09:07 PM

4,179 posts, read 5,754,413 times
Hi, tpabes. Yes, the Nawthern Nebraskans are really great. They have all been so friendly and helpful; why, Sunday we went to the movies with some new friends! The alternating warm/windy/snowy weather has been really neat, too. I have dropped in on almost every small business, checking out my resources. Have made some nice friends at the bank too; and have seen some really beautiful older stained glass in every building in one small town - obviously hand-made leaded glass, but no one seems to know yet how it got there or who made it! Still researching a little mystery.

It is so nice to wave at folks and be waved to back. This morning I was standing outside in the blowing snow with my coffee, and one fella in an old beater drove by and hollered through his open window, at the top of his lungs, "Top of the mornin to ya!" And I hollered, "Good mornin to you too!" Just funny and crazy and nice.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 PM

29 posts, read 86,166 times
Hey, SCGranny,

I loved your picture with the ice on the trees the most! See you have explored the falls. You take some really nice pics. You need to go a little further west about 45 miles and ask about Horseshoe Falls, south of Cody. You have to trek west of the bridge on foot, but last I was there, that was beautiful. My son says it isn't like I remember it. They used to say the Niobrara turned sideways under the bridge because it wasn't very wide and was very deep. If you go - it better be a little warmer and you have to go on foot on the north side of the bridge up to the west to see the falls. We used to go swimming under the bridge, was a big gathering place for the teens and twenty-some year olds. But still beautiful scenery, especially in the fall when the trees start turning colors and the sumac is red!! Take an extra picture for me, it has been many years since I was there!!

Where did you finally light? Everyone is friendly out that way. People will go out of their way for you. Be sure to go to the grocery store and buy some Sandhills Ben's seasoning for your grilling. I bought it just because I knew the guy that made it - but it really is good, they even carry it at one of the grocery stores down here in north east NE. Good Stuff!!

You need to get invited to a branding, that is where you will see the real cowboys doing what they do best, and having fun while doing some really hard work! Be some good pictures there!! Ropin, ridin, and brandin!!

You have fun, I am getting homesick!! LOL!!

Old 04-03-2008, 11:31 AM

2,186 posts, read 3,011,495 times
I'll invite you to ours, Granny. 12th of April. Bring a salad!

Old 04-03-2008, 08:49 PM

29 posts, read 86,166 times
ooooohhhh! That is an invite you can't turn down!! Better get your cowboy hat and boots - and go!! Will be fun - I'm sure!!

Old 04-04-2008, 12:17 PM

18,268 posts, read 3,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Niobrara pictures are so distinctive... love all the pictures, each a favorite place - love the Sandhills and PineRidge areas.

you guys are welcome to look at my homestate-indiana i have beautiful pictures of indiana under indiana pictures some include my hometown-plainfield by the way those pictures are beautiful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska