Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 10:15 AM

1,119 posts, read 4,197,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Well it's nice to see someone admit they are blatantly racist instead of skirting it. So what if in the days of black presidents whites won't be a majority? It's more than just Mexicans moving here causing this. This isn't the 50's (as I'm sure many Nebraskans would prefer it be) but there are millions of interacial couples out there. Hell I'm even the product one as are my 4 other brothers.

And to say that it was only whites who built this country is extremely ****ing ignorant but racism really doesn't make sense so I wouldn't expect to hear anything rational from you.
DTO, I'm with you.. Some of the things people say on this board are more than just nasty nasty things.. It's gone way beyond scary.. The things I am hearing lately are definitely signaling the true trend that our country's Theocratic/fascist movement is getting much stronger.. I'm sorry all.. but we're rapidly approaching a bubble bursting of a single-religeon ran society.. I don't want to say anymore.. Sometimes its best to let people think for themselves..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 10:23 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times
Something needs to be done about illegal immigration,you can pull the race-card..
But facts are facts.staywarm stated a fact about demographic's.
China,India etc wouldnt tolerate becoming a minority in their own country.
They dont have PC madness and collective guilt like us in the good ol USA.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:34 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,617,293 times
Be for stemming illegal immigration.

-Be for it becuase it's breaking the law
-Be for it because it's a drain on tax dollars
-Be for it because it's not easy to assimilate these people into our society
-Be for it because it can create unsafe situations for the country
-Be for it because of the associated raise in local crime

Those are all very valid points, but to say you're for it because you don't want your race to be a minority or "own" country it completely racist.

Base the way you feel about in an issue on facts, not non-sensical fear-driven whims. If you're afraid to be a minority in this country imagine what it must already be like for a minority in the country. You're afraid of the deck being stacked against you and people with beliefs and agenda's not your own are trying to tell you how things should be. There are two sides to every coing but few people take the time to think about how things would be if it were them on the other side of the fence. Both metaphorically and physically in this sense.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:54 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times
I agree on the point that the Illegal situation should be about logic,rational..
Thinking,common sense.The problem is many people who are for enforcing the laws..
Doing whats in our countries best interest are sometimes labeled bigots,etc
Dont believe me?go to the Immigration forum.
Many parts of this Country no longer resemble America anymore.
I dont like it,want to call me a racist?if thats your thing.
I will always stand up for my Country and nothing will change that.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:55 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
DTO, I'm with you.. Some of the things people say on this board are more than just nasty nasty things.. It's gone way beyond scary.. The things I am hearing lately are definitely signaling the true trend that our country's Theocratic/fascist movement is getting much stronger.. I'm sorry all.. but we're rapidly approaching a bubble bursting of a single-religeon ran society.. I don't want to say anymore.. Sometimes its best to let people think for themselves..
There are facists/racists in every race.

Regardless of who is being racist or not, the problem IS still illegal immigration.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:02 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Default What have you done for our country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Base the way you feel about in an issue on facts, not non-sensical fear-driven whims. If you're afraid to be a minority in this country imagine what it must already be like for a minority in the country. You're afraid of the deck being stacked against you and people with beliefs and agenda's not your own are trying to tell you how things should be.
And what have you and your bi-racial family done for this country? Sure Barak Obama will probably be a great President. I voted for him. I have friends who are black and Hispanic. But the overall minority population in this country is uneducated and are not leaders or even middle class. Let's face it, the minorities. as a whole, are not ready to run this country.

Plus, with the Mexicans, all you hear is Spanish, Spanish, Spanish. I also don't want to lose our English language or our American culture. I don't want this country to become predominately Asian, African, or Hispanic. This pot has melted enough. Let's keep our AMERICAN culture!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:25 AM

Default Who Else Built This Country?

In the beginning of the United States of America who else but whites built this country? Who wrote the Constitution and the Bill of Rights? Who came over on ships across the ocean and started colonies? Who started the "Boston Tea Party?" What president got us through World War II? I know the Chinese helped build the railroads, but that's not leadership. What have the Hispanics done to lead this country? Oh, they started those missions in California--big deal. And until now, very few blacks helped lead this country, if you count Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and Charlie Rangle! The minorities better get an education and a middle class or better advancement if they plan to run our great country by 2040! And they'd better get a better grasp of the proper English language. And learning to speak without calling people nasty names would help, too! I don't hear of Barak Obama talking like that!

Old 12-18-2008, 08:28 AM

482 posts, read 1,331,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
In the beginning of the United States of America who else but whites built this country? Who wrote the Constitution and the Bill of Rights? Who came over on ships across the ocean and started colonies? Who started the "Boston Tea Party?" What president got us through World War II? I know the Chinese helped build the railroads, but that's not leadership. What have the Hispanics done to lead this country? Oh, they started those missions in California--big deal. And until now, very few blacks helped lead this country, if you count Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and Charlie Rangle! The minorities better get an education and a middle class or better advancement if they plan to run our great country by 2040! And they'd better get a better grasp of the proper English language. And learning to speak without calling people nasty names would help, too! I don't hear of Barak Obama talking like that!
If I could give you negative feedback I would.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:33 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
I could understand white people being uneasy becoming a minority in a country founded by white people. I think that would go with any country regardless of which race founded and which race had taken a majority population thereafter.

To say the country was built by only whites is ridiculous. The early southern economy was powered by free labor from enslaved human beings. WWII had many all black units which were sent to some of the worst battles in the worst environments. Many of them died for a country and the freedom of all non-black citizens.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:48 AM

Default Leaders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
I could understand white people being uneasy becoming a minority in a country founded by white people. I think that would go with any country regardless of which race founded and which race had taken a majority population thereafter.

To say the country was built by only whites is ridiculous. The early southern economy was powered by free labor from enslaved human beings. WWII had many all black units which were sent to some of the worst battles in the worst environments. Many of them died for a country and the freedom of all non-black citizens.
Yes, they were Followers, but were they Leaders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska