Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 07:48 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Stupid Nebraska is trying to make laws allowing for local law enforcement agencies to enforce the rules of the federal government for immigration. I don't remember the specific group that argued against it last week but trying to round up and deport people without federal money would be very expensive. It would also take up too much time from officers having to handle actual crime.

I think what they need to do is give everyone here now who is illegal instant citizenship. That's the best way to find out who is here and to get them legal and paying taxes. Trying to divide up families and deport people is just useless.

After that then we can start looking at enforcing the laws we have already. I think one thing we should do is have people that want to come here that don't have a job or aren't coming for academic reasons is to have them enlisted in the Army for 2 years. That way they can learn English and will actually be doing more for the country than some natural borns do.
Pres. Reagan gave instant citizenship to all the illegals in the U.S. in the 1980's, but he didn't close the borders, so here we are again. Millions and millions of dollars of health care costs at hospitals for them, the cost to educate their children, lack of vaccinations and spread of disease. Most of the illegals have only a 2nd grade education and barely read or write Spanish. The chances of them learning English are nil. The children, if educated at our expense will learn. To enlist in the Army, they would need communication skills to understand what the supervisors are saying. The best thing we can do is close the borders, round up the illegals and send them back. Several counties in GA are taking the ones who have finished serving their prison sentences and sending them back to Mexico. I guess the Feds are paying for that transportation. But even if they aren't, it's cheaper than keeping them here. Other ICE groups are invading businesses and rounding up illegal workers and returning them to their country of origin. The Hispanic drug dealers are bringing in lots of Meth. Mexicans often live 10-15 people to a house, parking cars all over the yard and street and making lots of noise. Think about the repercussions before you decide to be kind and keep them here. We can only absorb so many leaf blowers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 08:22 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Y.Traveler View Post
Native American Indians are the only ones that are considered to be legal if I am not wrong!
I would have to disagree. The only thing native americans did was inhabit the land like bison did.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:26 AM

I'm would be for amnesty, as long as they have a clean criminal record and could pass a drug test. Oh wait, we can't afford to make sure we have law abiding citizens here in the US.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:35 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,617,293 times
I'd rather live with a bunch of "leaf blowers" Moderator cut: comment

Rounding up people and sending them back isn't going to help anything. They made it in once, they can make it in again. There are always going to be people that want to get here legally or illegally. The best way to keep track of who is here is to grant them citizenship and bring them up to speed.

It's much easier to set up temp offices where illegals can get them registered as citizens than to put the man power into work place raids and legal problems that arise from having families that had kids here with a claim to US citizenship. If they are going to be here legally and get government aid we might as well make them legal so we can get the benefit of them paying taxes from these jobs they allegedly steal all of the time.

One thing to consider to is once a family is set up here it will be easier for other people to come here legally with a support system in place.

Immigration is not going to go away (like drugs or alcohol) and the best thing we can do is learn to live with it the best we can.

Last edited by Keeper; 12-17-2008 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: no name calling please.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:10 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times
The open borders crowd couldnt be more wrong,but i ll save it for the..
Immigration forum.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:03 AM

I'm not advocating an open border. That would be a nightmare. I'm talking about granting citizenship to the ones that are already here and getting them assimilated as opposed to sending them back to start the problem all over again.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:11 PM

With the current economy we don't have the resources to control the border nor do we have the resources for illegal’s to nickel and dime us to the poor house.

We don't have the resources to "assimilate" illegal’s into our society because many have already shown us they have no desire to learn the English language or follow US laws. Are my tax dollars going to pay for these temp offices, also?

Let's say all illegal’s are now instantly legal. What does small business do now that they can demand higher wages and benefits.

Let’s not forget about the natural born citizens who are job hunting. Now you have 10-15 million (and that’s our sh*tty governments guess) former illegal’s gunning for the same jobs as us, however, they now have a little advantage. They now have minority status and the entitlement that comes with that.

See, there are a million arguments on each side but one thing we do know for sure, our government and the general US population is to blame.

We went decades ignoring Mexico's economic plight while turning a blind eye to the border and taking advantage of them on our farms, factories and construction sites.

I think this is a situation is where damage control is the solution (whatever that may be).

Old 12-16-2008, 09:40 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,683,581 times
Quote:
Great idea. Not!

You're not doing anything to fix the problem. You're just pushing if off on someone else. You anti-amnesty people don't realize the cost legal issues of deporting illegals is more than the "trouble" they cause.
Perhaps you didn't read it in your rush to call someone "anti-amnesty". Pushing it off on someone else? No, it's making the employers - who "save" MILLIONS of dollars in SS taxes, Workers Comp, and benefits by pushing the costs of those benefits onto the taxpayers via 'free' medical and social services - responsible for their actions in hiring illegals over citizens. When employers actively seek out and hire illegals, they do it for one reason only - to profit on the backs of the illegals and ultimately the taxpayers who are forced to fund the medical care and other expenses incurred by illegals who do not pay into SS and who do not have Workers' Comp to protect them.

The practice of hiring illegals costs you far more than you are, apparently, aware. When employers are fined and prosecuted for hiring illegals, and thus avoiding paying the fees, taxes, and other costs associated with running a legitimate business, then the illegals go elsewhere... in many cases, they return home, or go to a place that does not have such rules in place. The blame and payment for the problem is then laid at the feet of the people who are at the root of the problem - the employers who actively hire the illegals.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:07 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Default Whites will soon be in the minority

Quote:
Rounding up people and sending them back isn't going to help anything. They made it in once, they can make it in again. There are always going to be people that want to get here legally or illegally. The best way to keep track of who is here is to grant them citizenship and bring them up to speed.

It's much easier to set up temp offices where illegals can get them registered as citizens than to put the man power into work place raids and legal problems that arise from having families that had kids here with a claim to US citizenship. If they are going to be here legally and get government aid we might as well make them legal so we can get the benefit of them paying taxes from these jobs they allegedly steal all of the time.

One thing to consider to is once a family is set up here it will be easier for other people to come here legally with a support system in place.

Immigration is not going to go away (like drugs or alcohol) and the best thing we can do is learn to live with it the best we can.
By 2040 whites will be in the minority in the USA. The people who built this country will no longer be able to influence how it is governed and continue to make the many advances we have contributed to this land. Why should be give our country away to uneducated, illiterate people who can only do menial jobs. It's time to be more selective about who we let into our country. Australia is very particular. Even Mexico doesn't let just anyone in!!! We are overrun with folks we have to support and take care of. Our country can't afford that at this time. We need to CLOSE the borders--south and north--to avoid terrorists and drug dealers entering our country illegally.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
By 2040 whites will be in the minority in the USA. The people who built this country will no longer be able to influence how it is governed and continue to make the many advances we have contributed to this land. Why should be give our country away to uneducated, illiterate people who can only do menial jobs. It's time to be more selective about who we let into our country. Australia is very particular. Even Mexico doesn't let just anyone in!!! We are overrun with folks we have to support and take care of. Our country can't afford that at this time. We need to CLOSE the borders--south and north--to avoid terrorists and drug dealers entering our country illegally.
Well it's nice to see someone admit they are blatantly racist instead of skirting it. So what if in the days of black presidents whites won't be a majority? It's more than just Mexicans moving here causing this. This isn't the 50's (as I'm sure many Nebraskans would prefer it be) but there are millions of interacial couples out there. Hell I'm even the product one as are my 4 other brothers.

And to say that it was only whites who built this country is extremely ****ing ignorant but racism really doesn't make sense so I wouldn't expect to hear anything rational from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska