Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 12:03 PM

811 posts, read 1,386,562 times

Advertisements

I live in Pennsylvania, land of ugly license plates. I am a freak for mountain lions, and have collected license plates from some states that have special plates with mountain lions on them. Your Nebraska mountain lion plate is gorgeous, and I want one badly! If you have a "retired" one lying around, I'd love to have it. PM me if you have one, and how much you'd like for it. Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2017, 05:06 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,049,982 times
I prefer the simple plates. I like to see Delaware plates on the road, or the old Maryland plates before the nasty 2012 change.

Everyone used to keep it simple and readable (seems like an important consideration given their purpose) and as a kid I could identify every state's plate from many yards away. I enjoy seeing a nice plain and simple Alaska or a Wyoming once in awhile, or the old easily identifiable green Vermont plates (especially on a Subaru, talk about beauty there!)

I guess I just don't understand the fad of cluttering up the plates with gobbledygook, especially when many states now have many different styles of plates. All the artwork makes many plates virtually unreadable too.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:19 PM

31 posts, read 85,931 times
In Nebraska we change plates every 3 years, you'll have to wait a couple of more years until anyone has an expired Mt lion plate.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:49 PM

370 posts, read 1,357,043 times
I think the plate changes are every six years now, so an even longer wait...

Old 04-01-2018, 06:06 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,865,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odessa3 View Post
I live in Pennsylvania, land of ugly license plates. I am a freak for mountain lions, and have collected license plates from some states that have special plates with mountain lions on them. Your Nebraska mountain lion plate is gorgeous, and I want one badly! If you have a "retired" one lying around, I'd love to have it. PM me if you have one, and how much you'd like for it. Thank you!!
I agree and I am from Nebraska. When I buy my new truck in October I plan on the ML plates. I am not sure but I think they cost us residents $30 extra. Since they have been out less than a year they are in short supply. Maybe someone left theirs on a wrecked car. GOOGLE "auto salvage yards Nebraska" and you might get lucky. Or a Craig's List ad.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:09 PM

Am still looking for one!!

Old 02-14-2019, 04:47 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
I prefer the simple plates. I like to see Delaware plates on the road, or the old Maryland plates before the nasty 2012 change.

Everyone used to keep it simple and readable (seems like an important consideration given their purpose) and as a kid I could identify every state's plate from many yards away. I enjoy seeing a nice plain and simple Alaska or a Wyoming once in awhile, or the old easily identifiable green Vermont plates (especially on a Subaru, talk about beauty there!)

I guess I just don't understand the fad of cluttering up the plates with gobbledygook, especially when many states now have many different styles of plates. All the artwork makes many plates virtually unreadable too.
Simple: money. Alabama has two "free" standard plates ... the other styles, and there are many, many of them ... cost an additional $5 to $50 each.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:51 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,633,360 times
Why does Nebraska have to release new standard license plates often compared to other neighboring states? Nebraska should just redesign one every 10-15 years. Come up with an awesome design and stick with it.

This is unnecessary

Old 02-16-2019, 11:18 AM

I like when the plates change. In Pennsylvania we've had the same one for decades and it's ugly, especially when the letters and numbers start fading. There are few options for specialty plates, and even those are not attractive. Still looking for someone who has an unwanted Nebraska mountain lion plate!

Old 02-18-2019, 06:45 AM

4,861 posts, read 6,926,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Why does Nebraska have to release new standard license plates often compared to other neighboring states? Nebraska should just redesign one every 10-15 years. Come up with an awesome design and stick with it.

This is unnecessary
This is just called a good start. If you want ridiculous, go to Montana where they seem to have unlimited designs to choose from. This is so stupid. If someone needs to get a glance at a license plate due to a crime being committed, there's no way the state can be identified. Then throw in the extra cost of having so many plates to choose from losing the economy of scale and it really makes no sense.

I'm in favor of ONE style for each state with minor changes made available for an extra cost if someone wants a "vanity" plate.

Changing the style every few years would be fine if you stick to a same design for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
View detailed profiles of: