U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-06-2008, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,985 times
Default Permanently Relocating from Alabama to Nebraska

HI! I will be permanently relocating in late May,from Alabama to the Hastings, Kearney, or Grand Island area. Need help locating a three bedroom, perferably with a garage,house to rent. Within a great high school which offers girls softball, and vollyball; and boys football, and basketball.
I had the opportunity to spend last summer in Nebraska. I was so amazed at how friendly, and helpful the people were;How beautiful the state was. I absolutly fell in love with Nebraska. Can't wait to call it home. Cheers! Claps! WooHoos!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 10:07 AM

2,583 posts, read 6,923,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamglm View Post
I had the opportunity to spend last summer in Nebraska. I was so amazed at how friendly, and helpful the people were;How beautiful the state was. I absolutly fell in love with Nebraska. Can't wait to call it home. Cheers! Claps! WooHoos!
I don't live in that area so can't help with the housing, other than to recommend checking the local papers (most are online).

But if you did fall in love with Nebraska's unique beauty, I just want to encourage you to venture out around the state... Nebraska is very unique in the variety of geography and sites it has....

Old 05-06-2008, 02:05 PM

1,823 posts, read 3,400,445 times
Welcome to Nebraska

The best way to find rentals in any of the Tri-cities is to drive around town looking for "For Rent" signs or looking in the local newspapers. Here are the links:

Kearney Hub - Home - Home
http://.theindependent.com/ (broken link)
Hastings Tribune.com

There are also classifieds are two of the local TV stations. They don't have as many listings though:
NTV - KHGI/KWNB/WSWS-CA - Where your news comes first. - Grand Island, Kearney, Hastings, Lincoln | Classifieds
classifieds : KHAS-TV

Every single high school in the area will have volleyball, football and basketball. However only these schools have softball in the tri-city area: Kearney High, Grand Island High, Grand Island Northwest, Hastings High, Hastings Adams Central, Aurora, Holdrege, Central City, St. Paul and Minden. So if you wanted a small community you would be out of luck for softball. Also some of the small school districts in the area play 8-man football (you can even play 6-man but none in the immediate tri-city area), so if you want your son to play 11 man you would need to stick to bigger schools. If you were looking into a small town, I would be glad to let you know if they play 11 or 8 man.

If you have more questions just ask, I have lived in all of the tri-cities and the area for all but 2 years of my life, so I would be glad to help. Again welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska