U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:11 AM

947 posts, read 3,246,150 times

Advertisements

From Abbeville, South Carolina TO...
......ORD, NEBRASKA!

I got offered the job at KNLV Radio in Ord on Thursday afternoon.

I'll probably be in Nebraska near the end of the last week in May it looks like.

I have to pack up here, find someone to replace me and make travel arrangements.

I don't have an apartment in Ord secured yet, but I',m pretty sure I'll be able to get one the first day or two I'm in town based upon a phone call I had with someone Thursday.

My dog, George the beagle is coming with me as well.

I'm nervous, because my new Boss and the station owner have some high expectations of me. That's not a bad thing and I know I won't let them down, but nervous just the less.

I've mvoed before, so I'm used to it. I've worked in MS, FL, ND, NH and SC. The part thats the most nerveracking is simply the time from when the job is offered to once I'm in town.......... once I arrive in town and unpack, I'll be fine.........

I can't wait to talk some long walks and bike rides on my mountain bike around town to explore. I know Ord is rural, and it gets cold.... I'm very well aware of that.. but Ord seems to have everything I would need on a daily basis... just give me a good job, a decent apartment, a good grocery store, a laundromat and good tv/phone/internet services and I'm happy.

Anyways, as you can tell, I'm excited.

If anyone lives in or near Ord... SAY HELLO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 08:35 AM

1,821 posts, read 4,637,203 times
Congratulations on the job!!! I hope you enjoy it here. Welcome Radiobroadcaster and George the Beagle!

Old 05-10-2008, 09:39 AM

2,585 posts, read 9,541,380 times
Congrats and welcome to the state. Stay on this forum, there area a lot of different perspectives from all parts of the state (and for the most part we all get along with good debate but nothing personal)....

Old 05-10-2008, 01:08 PM

Thank you everyone for the congratulatory thoughts... I'll keep this thread updated as everything moves along..

Old 05-10-2008, 02:10 PM

303 posts, read 883,067 times
WELCOME TO THE BIG RED STATE OF NEBRASKA!

Old 05-10-2008, 02:55 PM

1,119 posts, read 3,817,916 times
Default ..

Welcome! Since your going to be here for a while, at minimum, I want to make a suggestion..

Your moving to a very nice area, and touring the state is less costly than others.. I say, when you move here make some relaxing drives touring the countryside, the hills, rivers and some of the small towns around..

I'd also suggest to make it to Lincoln, Omaha AND the tri-cities at least once...

If you travel to the Omaha/Lincoln area, come to the Omaha board as truthfully there is a wealth of knowledgeable people hanging out on that board that can point you to many directions..

Lastly, mangle with us in several towns as Nebraska is a community..

Old 05-10-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
Welcome! Since your going to be here for a while, at minimum, I want to make a suggestion..

Your moving to a very nice area, and touring the state is less costly than others.. I say, when you move here make some relaxing drives touring the countryside, the hills, rivers and some of the small towns around..

I'd also suggest to make it to Lincoln, Omaha AND the tri-cities at least once...

If you travel to the Omaha/Lincoln area, come to the Omaha board as truthfully there is a wealth of knowledgeable people hanging out on that board that can point you to many directions..

Lastly, mangle with us in several towns as Nebraska is a community..
I don't actually drive, so traveling about will be a bit of an issue, but I'm sure I'll do some remotes for the station, along with making some friends and going around the area with them.

I plan on making as many friends locally and regionally as I can.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:41 AM

4,178 posts, read 9,412,730 times
Thumbs up Wtg!!!!

DUDE!
Congratulations!
I wondered why, when you and I were hangin out on the ND board, suddenly you popped up here too ... then when you were asking about Ord, I kinda figured!
Hubby and I are moving from Hardeeville SC to Cody, NE - abt 3 hours from where you are moving. Seems like we will still be equidistant from each other! LOL We are leaving here May 21st.

We will be living in the Sandhills Region - lots of hills and high bluffs, and the Niobara River (see Nebraska Pictures for my pics) to explore and tube down. We are cruising over to Hastings July 9-11 for the Dexter Cattle Show.

Um er - how are you getting to Ord if you don't drive?
Maybe we'll see yuh!

Old 05-11-2008, 07:28 AM

2,585 posts, read 9,541,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
DUDE!
Congratulations!
I wondered why, when you and I were hangin out on the ND board, suddenly you popped up here too ... then when you were asking about Ord, I kinda figured!
Hubby and I are moving from Hardeeville SC to Cody, NE - abt 3 hours from where you are moving. Seems like we will still be equidistant from each other! LOL We are leaving here May 21st.

We will be living in the Sandhills Region - lots of hills and high bluffs, and the Niobara River (see Nebraska Pictures for my pics) to explore and tube down. We are cruising over to Hastings July 9-11 for the Dexter Cattle Show.

Um er - how are you getting to Ord if you don't drive?
Maybe we'll see yuh!
Maybe one of you is really just stalking the other

Old 05-11-2008, 09:45 AM

4,178 posts, read 9,412,730 times
Naw, Dave; he's 'way too young for me...

At my age and with my looks (short and round and greyhaired) I would be flattered by the attention of a stalker!!!

And I am too busy with hubby to stalk anyone else... once you get one trained over 25 years, you know, it is too wearying to try to train another...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska