Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2008, 06:41 PM

4 posts, read 11,701 times

Advertisements

HI all.
checking see if there farmers here on this fourm?

am in omaha and would like get out of city to do something on farm maybe an part time weekend job? or full year around..

yeah if your an farmer and looking for help hand, ask me for resume.

been away from farm for 5 years that's getting at me wishing did not move.. yeah wife just finished UNO and now we are ready to MOVE!

yes, I have own 4020 and 22' box truck. CDL. can do field crop to cow or hogs.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 07:26 AM

2,589 posts, read 10,551,886 times
Welcome to the forum... there are a wide variety of folks on here from city folk to the most remote parts of the state... people that live in downtown Omaha and don't own a car to ranchers that are 30 miles from pavement...

my gut feel is of the rural participants more are ranchers as opposed to farmers, but hopefully some will speak up.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:26 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,147,243 times
Sweetcorn, welcome!!! As you know the crop planting is way behind this year and there will always be irrigation so hopefully people will be looking for help. The farmers I know personally are not, but sometimes the larger operations will advertise in newspapers:
Nebraska Newspapers - Nebraska Newspaper List
Also, free papers like Tradewest can be a source. An in to the industry, could be an elevator as it seems like they are alway hiring, you can work that untill you find somthing. You have your CDL so that will make you more attractive to an operation. Good luck, if something crosses my eye I will let you know.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:43 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,230,775 times
One of the afore mentioned ranchers here.

For farm (or ranch) jobs, I would highly recommend looking in the ag. papers rather than the locals.

Midwest Messenger is a good one, so is the Fence Post. You might also consider looking into Hansen's AgriPlacement. They're an employment service geared specifically to those of us looking for ag. related jobs.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:56 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,147,243 times
Thanks for listing those Fred, couldn't remember the names for the life of me.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:46 PM

4 posts, read 11,701 times
yeah, been looking for those news papers.. we dont get those news papers in the CITY!!

Old 05-13-2008, 05:13 PM

45 posts, read 198,707 times
Ah, you can take the boy outa the farm, but you can't take the farm outa the boy. I know the feeling, I beacame an ex-farmer when I was 25. Good luck on your search for work.

Adam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska