Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2008, 09:42 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,199,246 times

Advertisements

How much you want to bet that if you track the ip address of all the people that post these 'dumps' on these threads from their post #1 and on like this guy, that their ip is the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 11:52 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,011,095 times
Marcia,

I have one word for you. "Pathetic!" And that has nothing to do with WHERE you live, but rather how you have apparently decided to view the world. Unbelievable. You have zero credibility.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:12 PM

29 posts, read 131,622 times
Marcia,

Did you just have a bad day, get up on the wrong side of the bed, or are you just always like this? I have been told at times that I have a bad attitude, but my - you need to change your attitude. It can only be contributing to the way people are reacting to you.

As I have said, life is what you make of it, if you don't like it - only you can change it! If you hate that town that much - MOVE! There are alot of nice towns in Nebr., but some how I don't imagine you would be happy in any town.

I am the dreaded telemarketer that everyone hates, but you know - if you listen to people - you will find everyone has a good story to tell. I spoke with an 87 yr. old lady today, that said she made weekly visits to the women's prison in her state. She said she had heard the most profound statement from one of the women there. She said "Any thing can become beautiful, even dirt, look at flowers - they come from dirt." And she is right, even the dirt makes flowers grow. You just need to look at things from a different mind set.

I am no shrink, but I have been to a few, some helped, some - not so much. But they helped me change my attitude quite a bit. You need to find a pair of rose colored glasses until you can learn to see that there is SOME good in every thing, if you look long enough. And LISTEN, I think listening is the key. Maybe that is just because I have to listen to people at work, and I listen to their likes and dislikes, as I am not a true telemarketer, but I do surveys. And you have to listen in order to hear what they are saying. Some of them have some very good stories and ideas, and if they are not in a good mood, you try to find a point that interests them - so you can turn their attitude into wanting to talk to you.

I hope you are able to change your situation, especially for your child's sake! And if that doesn't help, then by all means, find a place where your child is safe. I wish you the best in your search.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:12 AM

3 posts, read 11,168 times
I definetely do agree, you need to give a town more then a month before you judge it, that's why I waited almost 6 months of being in this town before I posted this, and believe me my opinion has not changed any! I have made some great friends, my neighbors which are great people, the rest have been people who have relocated just as we did. As for the comment that mattpoulsen made, have you ever stayed in Texas? They are known for their polite behaviors, so no sir I do not need to look in the mirror, I am just not used to the attitudes people have here!

Old 05-15-2008, 11:26 AM

Default ..

Well then move! good grief.. I have met many 4 year olds that have better self control than some people on this board..

Or start a petition to build a wall around the city, do something, cause none of us can help you, we are not therapists..

Old 05-15-2008, 07:15 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,011,095 times
Yes, I have stayed in Texas and I like Texas, but their BEHAVIOR is no more or less polite than that found in Nebraska. Maybe if you'd go into the community without a sense of superiority you'd be better received.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:29 PM

3 posts, read 11,168 times
Thank you ehenningsen, I am glad you have informed me of that! Are you the 4 year old you where referring too? Why are you in a forum about the "Worst towns in Nebraska" if you cant handle hearing a little negativity from someone that doesn't like the town they moved into. This is what these things are for, right? I wouldn't call not liking where you moved not having self control, I just do not like this town!!!!!.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:42 PM

Default ...

wow, your kinda creating a pandora's box!

Basically look at it this way Texas_mother_of_whatever...

There is something called manners, or politeness, or civility and anybody who shows lack of any of these does not deserve any in return..

I am all of those to most people, and to all that display it will absolutely get it in return plus more... however her lack of those features takes away any right to demand such respect and I refuse to respect those that don't give out respect...

Oh, and that post was not directed at you in any way!

Old 05-31-2008, 10:00 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,548,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciajohn133 View Post
oh you must be just another person who hasn't encountered the wrong end of rural nebraska jerks I agree with the guy who said being in a town in nebraska isn't living at all

If you need some help moving, I sure wouldn't mind helping you. How about New York?

Old 06-03-2008, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,149 times
I recently relocated to Nebraska and I must admit that I am already saving my money to move back to California. The people of Nebraska are without a doubt the friendliest,most welcoming people I have ever met, and I do enjoy the slower pace of life. What has made me most unhappy is the weather. It is just too humid for this desert rat. Everything is just as expensive(with the exception of housing)or more than it was in California, but the jobs pay considerably less. And I have been disappointed by the lack of fresh produce available in the grocery store. I hope to be back in sunny California before the first Nebraska snowfall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska