Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 03:33 PM

862 posts, read 1,042,036 times

Advertisements

Like asking whats the coolest spot in hell.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 05:42 PM

43 posts, read 137,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexva View Post
Too bad it is so close to Iowa. /jk

Lincoln is a much nicer place to live.
i agree!!

Old 08-22-2008, 07:04 PM

15 posts, read 68,433 times
IMO, Tomara is the worst town in Nebraska. It's very dirty and most houses are not well kept. There are a few houses that are decent but from what I've seen, the majority of the town is very trashy. Now maybe I just saw that bad parts. I've only been there once and I only drove through half of the town.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:30 PM

229 posts, read 205,771 times
Wisner is pretty bad, people are very snobby, there are to groups of people, people who own or related to people who own feedlots then the people who dont, the people who don't are usually nice and approachable, the rich people you have to be born into the cattle breeder group with roots to this town to be considered one of thier friends. In the high school, if you have teenagers, its pretty easy to get along with everyone but the rich kids and the hardcore farmers. The gossip is really bad, you can committ a crime and if nobody sees, you'd get away with it than laugh at all the stories you will here the next day.

A couple of good towns in nebraska are Stanton and Howells. I have lived in all towns im describing. Stanton is laid back, to them selves but still nice folks. Howells everyone is nice and thats no lie, everyone will talk to you and help you out, gossip is bad but its small town life and youll get used to it and start spreding stuff too. The town is into wrestling bad, they close everything for the wrestling tournament.

I lived in Lincoln for 11 years, big city ego in a small town, crime not that bad and traffic can be bad at times especially after a football game, STAY OUT OF DOWNTOWN after the football game, traffic can get really bad

Old 08-22-2008, 07:50 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,997,708 times
This discussion is getting pretty old. Why don't we simply list all the towns and cities in Nebraska and say they all suck. No matter what the town someone will dislike it. I'm all for the moderators getting rid of this thread. Its nothing but a pi$$ and moan fest.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:18 PM

370 posts, read 1,349,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue joy View Post
IMO, Tomara is the worst town in Nebraska. It's very dirty and most houses are not well kept. There are a few houses that are decent but from what I've seen, the majority of the town is very trashy. Now maybe I just saw that bad parts. I've only been there once and I only drove through half of the town.
Where exactly is Tomara, Nebraska? Never heard of it. Neither has Google.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsThisOneTaken? View Post
Where exactly is Tomara, Nebraska? Never heard of it. Neither has Google.
It's between Seward and Utica on highway 34.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:48 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,652,563 times
Quote:
Errr........... Tamora is a town of under 100 people, so unless you drove through one a block, you saw it all.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Errr........... Tamora is a town of under 100 people, so unless you drove through one a block, you saw it all.
Yeah, well maybe I did see the whole town. I just don't want to offend anyone.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:56 AM

370 posts, read 1,349,309 times
Quote:
It's between Seward and Utica on highway 34.
Learn something every day.

Google couldn't find it until I spelled it correctly: Tamora, not Tomara as originally posted.

Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska