Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 02:49 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,230,775 times

Advertisements

I've gotta confess, my experience of Nebraska winters has been pretty similar.
I lived in the northern half of the state (from one end to the other) for about 25 years and have lived here in the southern part for five (we get kansas winters down here!)

Dry vs. wet depends on the storm, but it's pretty unusual that some part of the state will have a snow that hangs on for the entire season...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 09:25 PM

156 posts, read 641,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
I've gotta confess, my experience of Nebraska winters has been pretty similar.
I lived in the northern half of the state (from one end to the other) for about 25 years and have lived here in the southern part for five (we get kansas winters down here!)

Dry vs. wet depends on the storm, but it's pretty unusual that some part of the state will have a snow that hangs on for the entire season...
very good to know thank you!

Old 08-17-2008, 08:23 AM

15 posts, read 68,645 times
What about Henderson, Nebraska? It has a population of 999 people. When I think of a small town, Henderson comes to mind. It has a great history and everyone knows eachother.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue joy View Post
What about Henderson, Nebraska? It has a population of 999 people. When I think of a small town, Henderson comes to mind. It has a great history and everyone knows eachother.
Honestly, i'm sure there are many towns that would fit what i need in a town, and it's hard to choose. I'll look into Henderson for sure, though I am very happy with Bassett up to now

Old 08-20-2008, 11:24 AM

what kinds of flowers are common in people's gardens in Nebraska? Or is it much different from other parts of the States? I'm just curious, since I know different flowers and plants survive in different ecosystems and climates, and I wasn't sure how similar it would be to, for all convenience, Southern Ontario...

Old 08-20-2008, 02:20 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,193 times
people usually just pick what they like in their gardens.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:33 PM

50 posts, read 165,590 times
Give me three or four months and I will show you small town Nebraska. In the meanwhile, we have just finished South Dakota's InfoMap website and have started working on Nebraska, North Dakota, and Wyoming. You can see for yourself on www.travelinfomap.com - small towns galore!!

Old 02-06-2009, 04:44 PM

50 posts, read 165,590 times
If you are interested in small town South Dakota, take a look at this website site www.travelinfomap.com , and it will not only tell you about the small towns but show them to you too.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:58 PM

2 posts, read 8,240 times
Hi I'm from a small nebraska town and I moved here from Arizona believe it or not! A small town of 639 people! I love it! I'm pretty computer savvy and do websites and did our town website! Our town would probably work perfect for a story line! Welcome to the New Sargent, Nebraska's Website Sending the 2 finger wave!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:08 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,683,581 times
Man, ya'll live in cities! LOL My town has 177 people!

Everything grows here except sub-tropical or tropical plants... roses have to have sub-zero cert due to the occasional -30 and -40 temps. Lilacs, daylilies, sunflowers, most spring bulb plants like tulips and daffodils, I have all seen here - also, oddly, hibiscus flowers as big as dinner plates! They don't bloom as early as further south, but they do bloom, as long as they are kept cool and watered in the hot summer sun. NE varies from Zone 4 to 6, depending on location; and other factors like microclimates behind buildings and fences, that reflect sunlight or keep off winds, play a part as well. Peonies and pansies, and last year I grew some petunias that would not quit! And - we have TWO grape farmers in the area, one that processes them for vinegar, one that sells them for wine... O'Neill grows potatoes as does my area; my brother picked up 140,000 lbs of potatoes to take them to the plant in a certain "potato" state to be processed into tots and fries... talk about "coals to Newcastle"!!

Wherever you pick, please please PLEASE do NOT do what so many writers do - visit a place for 3 months and think that you know everything about it! The woman/travel writer who went to SC and raved about the "Palm Eddo" trees, had simply done NO research into the history of the tree that is on their flag, or why, or what it was used for! Assume NOTHING...

Last edited by SCGranny; 02-07-2009 at 06:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska