U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-04-2008, 12:33 AM

2,177 posts, read 2,125,394 times
Default I'm Proud to be An American!!!

[center][/center]

I remember back in grade school, I believed our country was the greatest in the world!! History taught me how we fought for our freedom in many previous wars from the Revolutionary War with England to the ongoing Vietnam war at that time helping rid the world of communism. We said the "Pledge of Allegiance" each morning in school. I never missed a chance to sing along when the "Star Spangled Banner" was played or another patriotic song. My singing could and still can make dogs howl and people run, but I simply could not and still cannot resist singing along.

My sense of patriotism is never stronger than it is today, 4th of July, the day when towns of all sizes celebrate our nations freedom. When American Flags fly in hands of people lining the streets watching parades go by, kids wide eyed, people in red, white, & blue attire. With the great fire work displays for all of us to enjoy. People enjoying our National Park systems or your favorite local State Park. The freedom we have to be able to do those things.

I'm proud to be an American, to live in a country where I am free to make my own decisions in life and not be dictated by someone else as to what I will do, where I will live. To be able to think for myself, to speak up if I don't agree, let my opinion be heard. The right to bear arms. The right to have a voice in what goes on in my country.

The battles our country fight today are different for the battle for our independence from England so long ago. But they are still for people like you and me to remain free. Some have forgotten not so long ago when on that day our country was under fire. Not the fire from a gun, but the roar of jet engines as they crashed into the "Towers". I have not forgotten.

I am proud to be an American when I see the caravans of National Guard Troops in my home state as they devote their time and life's training in case they are needed or deployed. I am proud of the returning full time service men from overseas after their tour of duty. I am proud that they are there so I may continue to have these freedoms I enjoy so much.

I am proud to be an American, to be able to walk this soil, to know I am free. I won't forget.

God Bless the USA

Last edited by Synopsis; 07-04-2008 at 03:26 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 12:39 AM

48,913 posts, read 45,129,582 times
me too. i love it here. i dont want it to end. i dont want us to go broke either.
short small wars are good. time to come home guys. 1/4 million mideastern people dead vs our 2,600 on 911. i think we settled the score ok.
time to come home. war is necessary sometimes but also peace.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:15 PM

475 posts, read 1,553,713 times
Thanks... that's a gentle way of putting it.

"Please, get out of Iraq now!" and Afghanistan too for that matter.

Let's win the people of the world with our good will... perhaps an awe inspiring journey to Mars... shed ourselves of fossil fuel use and become leaders in green energy... and smart civic planning (sorry, sort of a mixed bag, I know... just what I happened to have on my mind at the moment ).

Old 07-04-2008, 12:37 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,919,883 times
Default ..

I love america, but does it love me back is the question..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska