U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:24 PM

30,285 posts, read 27,727,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earniefan View Post
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I have been trying to remember the name of the Bohemian Cafe and where it was for over 10 years. No one ever seemed to know what I was talking about. I want to take my husband there sometime when we're back in Nebraska visiting. I've only eaten there once but the food and the atmosphere were so great I've never forgotten it. Again thank you so much!! Kristi
The Bohemian Cafť reminds me of another location very much like it however itís located north of Boulder just west of the junction of route 72 and 2. There is a small town nearby I think and the name of the town is Allenspark, Co. I wish I could remember the name of this location Ė Iíve always stopped to eat lunch or dinner when Iím in the area of Colo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 02:34 PM

585 posts, read 1,992,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
The Bohemian Cafť reminds me of another location very much like it however itís located north of Boulder just west of the junction of route 72 and 2. There is a small town nearby I think and the name of the town is Allenspark, Co. I wish I could remember the name of this location Ė Iíve always stopped to eat lunch or dinner when Iím in the area of Colo.
Are you thinking about the one west of Loveland on HWY 34?

Old 03-14-2007, 11:16 AM

8 posts, read 28,359 times
Yes Runza is alive and kicking in Nebraska have even expanded to smaller communities!

Old 03-14-2007, 11:21 AM

8 posts, read 28,359 times
Awesome tasting Steaks, Amigo's, Sonic, Runza can't get it in Minnesota so yeah Nebraskan's like their food!

Old 04-14-2007, 01:57 AM

24 posts, read 121,525 times
Default Fav food

Brisket that has been in the smokehouse for 12 hours, blackeyed peas that have cooked all day, homemade potato salad, and...oh wait, that's how we eat in the SOUTH! Y'all have decided that Runza, a fast-food joint, serves the best tasting food? That's painful! I had Runza exactly once and once was too much. My greatest fear is that I will have to move back to the northern plains states...the land of BLAND!

Old 04-19-2007, 01:07 PM

639 posts, read 869,375 times
Don't listen to CertifiaBully. He's venting on the Iowa threads with this "angst" he's carrying around.

I love Runza! I usually get the original...you know, the "buns" stuffed with spicy ground beef? I love them.

Sometimes I just get the chicken strips. Those are good too.

I'll also add that they have GREAT fries.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:12 AM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 3,672,868 times
I've never heard of any other "fast food" restaurant that makes their own onion rings, hamburgers, runza's, chili, and dips!

Old 04-20-2007, 05:26 PM

639 posts, read 869,375 times
Actually, my favorite Nebraska food would probably be Godfather's Pizza. I honestly can't find any better pizza. I can thank good ole Marlon Brando for that.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:09 PM

36 posts, read 121,587 times
No.: 1 Best Chinese food?

No.: 1 Best Mexican food?

No.: 1 Best Itialian food?

No.: 1 Best Steak (include prime rib)?

No.: 1 Best Burger?

Best $1 Menu?

Best bar?

Thanks,

Old 04-20-2007, 10:27 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,647,697 times
Cafe,

Here are my picks for Lincoln. Omaha obviously offers other choices, but I'm not as familiar with the city.

Chinese: Windchimes (its a "nicer" chinese restaurant in south Lincoln).

Mexican: No answer. I'm not much of a "real" Mexican food eater.

Italian: Vincenzo's (its a nice romantic Italian restaurant in The Haymarket).

Steak: Misty's (Lincoln has one downtown and one in the historic Havelock area). This place is legendary and I would say is the best by far in Lincoln. The one in Havelock is the original.

Best Burger: Runza is a pretty good fast food joint. Its a locally founded chain. But for real "big as your head" burgers I would maybe recommend Red Robin, which is in south Lincoln.

$1 menu: Hmmm. Probably just your typical chains. You might include Amigos in there too. Its a local fast food Mexican place.

Best bar: I'm kind of out of the downtown scene, but I was regularly hitting the town I would probably go with Brothers, Mickies (it just changed owners though...I think its now Dillingers), and Woody's. But the downtown area is so packed with bars that you'll definitely find something for your tastes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or