Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 03:06 AM

300 posts, read 1,179,040 times

Advertisements

Waverly is a good pick, but it has about 2500 people. So I don't know if it's big enough for you. It's only about 7 miles outside of Lincoln.
Beatrice would also be a place to look at. It's quite a bit bigger though with around 13,000 people. It's alittle less than 40 miles outside of Lincoln.
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 07:39 PM

13 posts, read 38,690 times
Where is waverly and why do you both suggest it ?
Thanks for the other replies i will consider both.. Is lincoln better than omaha though as far as outskirts? Seward sounds nice..I will look into it..
Thanks all , have my moving boxes here..just nothing packed yet..lol

Old 08-09-2008, 07:41 PM

beatrice sounds like it is about the right size..Yes you are right waverly sounds maybe a bit too small for us. It is about the size of Valentine where i grew up..And it is just too small...been gone from that too long.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:01 PM

303 posts, read 980,239 times
Don't forget Papillion and Bellevue!

Though, my heart belongs to Omaha...the BIG O!

Welcome back to Nebraska, which ever you decide on.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:13 PM

43 posts, read 137,963 times
waverly may not be that big right now... but they are really growing fast! waverly is only about 5 mins. outside of north east lincoln... you would be in a small town, yet not far from Lincoln for activities and entertainment. That way you wont be completly out in the middle of nowhere, and still have a small town feel!

Old 08-10-2008, 01:55 AM

300 posts, read 1,179,040 times
A friend of mine's parents live just outside of Beatrice. It's a pretty nice community, from what I've seen. It's a ways away from the "big" cities (Lincoln and Omaha) but it's still within driving distance, if you want to visit them.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:04 AM

Thank you all , I appreciate everyone's input..and yes thank you..Looking forward to coming back to the home state. Been gone way too long. Just want to offer my kids what i had growing up..I loved it there. Valentine is just too small for me. I will need to find work too...so need to be close to where i have opportunities. Still have to put food on the table. I will also have to rent a house so need to find all the pluses and you have helped me a lot. I will need to visit again and check out job market and housing, and then make my decision. I have a few months, not looking to move until next summer. Just want to prepare though..We know how these years go fast now..lol..

Old 08-11-2008, 10:14 AM

68 posts, read 228,821 times
I would also say Waverly or even Hickman. Both small towns, but basically suburbs of Lincoln. I think Air Park is actually farther from most of Lincoln than Waverly is, and Air Park is in Lincoln. If Lincoln was as progressive as Omaha, Waverly would already be annexxed. I see Waverly and Hickman being part of Lincoln in about 20 years or less. Basically if you have been living in Las Vegas, everything is going to seem so close its unreal, I moved to Lincoln from Atlanta, and would drive to Omaha for dinner, cause I was used to driving an hour for anything in Atlanta. But locals will not even drive from south to north Lincoln because they think its too far. Back to the topic, I think you will find the little bit of small town slowness in either towns I mentioned but also be so close to Lincoln that you wont completely freak out the kids with real small town living.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:28 AM

475 posts, read 2,234,004 times
If you're going to consider Waverly... you might as well throw Plattsmouth, Springfield, Gretna, Ashland, Bennington, Blair into the mix as well... but a hop, skip, and a jump to all amenities in Omaha.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:46 PM

Thank you all..I am going to check the sizes of those towns and see what fits..I again also need to make sure i can find work..but i am a bit scared and excited to be moving back to nebraska..been gone a long time. I have lived here in vegas for 14 years also. So it will be a new challenge that is for sure..And wow how do we accumulate so much stuff...lol...Will have to buy winter clothes now too...lol..
Sandy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska