U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 11:35 AM

3 posts, read 12,224 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I would be moving to Lincoln for job nearby zipcode 68517 from PA and was wondering any insight or guidance for new relocators in terms of best school district and friendly neighbourhood. My decision to live in a place would entirly depend upon the school district. I do not mind travelling as long as above condition is met. My son would go in 2nd grade

I would really appreciate advice from lincoln residents.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 04:26 PM

300 posts, read 1,055,017 times
LINCOLN, NE, Database - LINCOLN Nebraska NE Map, All U.S. ZIP Codes, ZIP Code 68517
This will tell you alittle about the area. It's not REALLY discriptive, but it might help.
I think that area is on the outskirts of town, but I really don't know. For most of my life I have lived in northeast Lincoln (just south of where that zipcode is) but I'm not real familiar with this area.
Lincoln has only one school district (except for private schools).
Do you have any specific questions? I might be of more help if I knew what you were really looking for.
Do you want your son to go to a private school or public?
You would be working in northeast Lincoln, which is a safe and pleasant area. (My husband and I are going to buy a house around there in a few years).

Here's the website of Lincoln Public Schools - www.lps.org
If you look up the district map, it'll tell you where your son would be going.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:47 AM

1,821 posts, read 4,637,576 times
Your other option would be Waverly, which would be close to your work also. It is alot smaller school district and they have built new facilities recently. I honestly don't know their reputation as a district though.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:28 AM

2,585 posts, read 9,542,017 times
Waverly is a good school district.. a newer high school... towns tax base has recently expanded with some commercial/industrial so that's good for the homeowners... so nice old homes plus a few newer homes...

Old 11-11-2008, 05:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,085 times
Did you find out the information you needed about Lincoln? Both my daughters went to Pyrtle Elemantary and loved it. It is around 84th and A area, zip code is 68510. Hope this helps.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:58 AM

Default Moving to lincoln

Thank you all for the helpful replies. I have also done some research on public schools from websites like great school and school digger. Basically the areas of interest are zip codes 68462, 68510,68516 and 68506 and hopefully they should have some decent areas to live. Initially I am considering moving to apartment and then plan to buy a house.

We may also consider sending him to private schools. But do not have any idea about fee structure. Is it really expensive. How about the transportation to schools.

Are these above zipcodes safe to live in ?

Thanks

Old 11-12-2008, 02:22 PM

I KNOW that 68506 is a great neighborhood. My husband's Grandma lives around there, and it's such a beautiful area!! It's a more upper middle class neighborhood and it's really safe.
68510 is great too. It's sort of near 68506 if I remember right. Same as above for this area.
68516 is a newer area of Lincoln. The houses around there are more expensive than most other places in Lincoln. It's a nice area and pretty safe, but it's also the farthest from where you're going to be working.
68462 is Waverly, which has sort of already been discussed. Waverly is cute, safe and small. I think there's about 3000 people there, give or take. It's about 10 minutes outside of east Lincoln. There's alot of new development out there. It's going to be a suburb someday.
The only private schools we have around here are religious ones (that I know of). Is that ok? What religion are you (if you are one?) *I dont want to offend anyone here*

Old 11-13-2008, 12:06 PM

Default Moving to lincoln

Thanks,

Religious attachments or affiliations doesnt matter to us as long as the education provided is good. We are not christians but frankly respect every religion. What kind of fees these schools offer? I believe they do not have any bus facility like public school.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:14 PM

35 posts, read 131,072 times
I just sent you a dm, pharmacist. Where in PA are you from?

Old 11-13-2008, 03:23 PM

Lincoln Christian doesn't have busses, I know that.
Lincoln Lutheran, I'm not sure of.
I couldn't find anything one prices, but here's a few of the bigger private schools in Lincoln.
Lincoln Christian School - Welcome
Lincoln Lutheran | where Christ is the center
Messiah Lutheran Church | Welcome! (I think this is the elementary to the above school)
And here's a search done on yahoo for private schools.
Private Parochial Schools in Lincoln, NE on Yahoo! Local

HTH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska