Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:35 AM

695 posts, read 1,377,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd4 View Post
well, he might be able to repress it.

but, man, with sexuality being a big part of everyone's life, that repression would probably lead to suicide or some very bad health problems.
Well, if I have to repress my gas-stealing nature, it's going to kill me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 11:43 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,617,293 times
So now you're comparing gay people to thieves? And you wonder why you got called Sean Hannity.

I'm sure if Matthew Sheppard could have told his killers, "Hey don't kill me you beat the gay out of me. I'm cured!" or if Tina Brendan could have told her killers, "Hey don't kill me I'm going to start wearing dresses and liking boys." they would have done it.

Get off your high horse! You weren't born christian so why should your status that you chose to be get more representation or equality than some one who was born a certain way. Male, Female, handicapped whatever. This is America where we are all supposed to be treated equal and we are not.

Even if you did "chose" to be gay it doesn't matter. You chose to be christian and you have rights. People chose political parties and they still have rights. Hell even murderers, rapers, and child molesters still have rights.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:44 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
A straight up gas stealer? I realized that shortly after I started driving.

But I can't help it. It's out of my control.
How would your life be if you couldn't marry or have sex with a woman, or whatever you're sexually attracted too. Would you be happy?

Sexual attraction is not something you can control, its just there, the way it is. Straight people are wired to go after the opposite sex, gay people are wired to go after the same sex, and bisexuals can go both ways.

Then you have gender identity, where some people feel they should have born the other sex. They may be born a woman, but in their mind they feel they should be a man. its all about the wiring. And homosexuality is quite common in nature. Mother Nature, despite homophobic claims to the contrary, found ways to allow homosexuals to survive, even in the animal kingdom.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Well, if I have to repress my gas-stealing nature, it's going to kill me!

Sexual urges have nothing to do with urges to steal. They are fundamentally different things that occur in different areas of the brain.

But you attitude just shows how prevalent the ignorance of gays is in our racial minorities as well. Your communities will be hearing from us too. Hell, maybe we'll even protest outside one of your churches, too! Just Like the Mormons.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 AM

Oh, I see. So your behavior - good or bad - is out of your control ONLY if you're gay.

Now I'm beginning to understand the mantra. Thanks!

Old 11-21-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Sexual urges have nothing to do with urges to steal. They are fundamentally different things that occur in different areas of the brain.
No no, I think that urges all come from the same part of the brain.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:55 AM

240 posts, read 504,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
So now you're comparing gay people to thieves? And you wonder why you got called Sean Hannity.

I'm sure if Matthew Sheppard could have told his killers, "Hey don't kill me you beat the gay out of me. I'm cured!" or if Tina Brendan could have told her killers, "Hey don't kill me I'm going to start wearing dresses and liking boys." they would have done it.

Get off your high horse! You weren't born christian so why should your status that you chose to be get more representation or equality than some one who was born a certain way. Male, Female, handicapped whatever. This is America where we are all supposed to be treated equal and we are not.

Even if you did "chose" to be gay it doesn't matter. You chose to be christian and you have rights. People chose political parties and they still have rights. Hell even murderers, rapers, and child molesters still have rights.

DTO Luv,

it goes back to kdbrich and this guy too. You can't convince someone about gay equality if they don't think you are born that way.

when you couple that with a religious belief, it's almost impossible.

i don't know what would prove to people that you are born that way.

for me, it's having gay relatives and friends. i take them at their word.

and the rational part of me thinks that "why would most people choose to be in a persecuted class of people"

i remember thinking, "why does my cousin act more like my sister than me ?" when he and i were 8 !

i don't think he was consciously thinking about his sexual orientation then, it was just the way he was.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
No no, I think that urges all come from the same part of the brain.
Even people who steal, still have the right to marry.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:57 PM

So basically what I'm hearing from some of the members here is that if I, as a heterosexual, walk around flaunting my heterosexuality - hitting on women whenever and wherever I see them, making lascivious comments and gyrating my hips at them - this should be okay?

If I decide to start making out and groping in public, and somebody is disgusted, I can yell at them for being a heterophobe?

Basically, as a heterosexual, I can express my sexuality - and sexual urges - in any way I want, and nobody is allowed to respond?

Makes sense to me!

Old 11-21-2008, 02:05 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,617,293 times
Have you ever been to a bar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska