Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 03:53 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,551,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Maybe you're confused. Most cross dressers are straight. A Transvestite is not a drag queen/king. Drag queens do it for social events or wear it to the bars. Cross dressers are men or women who prefer clothes of the opposite gender but they are mostly heterosexual..
Thanks for the clarification, I stand corrected... in that case, specific to cross-dressing I'm just going to add it to the current dress code.. no different than certain positions have to wear business suits, no one can wear urban/gang appearal, etc... I stand corrected to thinking Gays were the cross-dressers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 03:55 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,617,293 times
No prob. It's a common misconception.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:32 PM

605 posts, read 1,198,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Thanks for the clarification, I stand corrected... in that case, specific to cross-dressing I'm just going to add it to the current dress code.. no different than certain positions have to wear business suits, no one can wear urban/gang appearal, etc... I stand corrected to thinking Gays were the cross-dressers.
Back to the subject of gay people. Would you hire someone you knew was gay if they were qualified to do the job and received great references and recommendations, or would you discriminate agaimst them? I'm taking an educated guess on your uneducated posts about gays and think you would totally discriminate.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:28 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,551,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Back to the subject of gay people. Would you hire someone you knew was gay if they were qualified to do the job and received great references and recommendations, or would you discriminate agaimst them? I'm taking an educated guess on your uneducated posts about gays and think you would totally discriminate.
If you would read the discussion I had with DTO_Luv you will see that I said I have employed gays and that they were good employees. I don't see anywhere in there that I said I discriminated.

Get over you automatic negative attitude against anyone that is not gay. Have civil discussions like DTO_Luv does - he can hit hard on a discussion but its not automatically hateful or assuming of the other side being a demon.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:52 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
If you would read the discussion I had with DTO_Luv you will see that I said I have employed gays and that they were good employees. I don't see anywhere in there that I said I discriminated.

Get over you automatic negative attitude against anyone that is not gay. Have civil discussions like DTO_Luv does - he can hit hard on a discussion but its not automatically hateful or assuming of the other side being a demon.
Dave, he is on a mission and probably is doing more bad than good for his cause. Honest, intelligent debates are what keep these boards going and can be very educational, people like SurfOmaha are impossible to reason with. I don't understand his feelings but he seems to think he has something to prove.

Nita

Old 01-08-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:

You never said anything of the sort in your conversion with DTO. But upon looking at your profile, you vowed never to post in all the "gay threads" in the hopes that they'd die out. So.... why are you even bothering?

See?
11-19-2008 04:00 PM - permalink
Dave1215

A note to the moderator, especially that person that said they were going to make every thread about gay rights?

What I'm personally doing is avaoiding those discussions in hopes they just die away due to lack of response.<LI class=floatcontainer id=vmessage17927>
11-19-2008 03:27 PM - permalink
Go Ne

We now have 4 gay issue threads in the Omaha forum alone, and 2 political threads, what should we do to stop it? I'm sick and tired of this arguing.

You can't even handle the fact that someone introduced gay point of views in the Nebraska and Omaha forums. So how can I believe you would knowingly hire someone who is homosexual? Attitudes like this is why anti-gay marriage laws exist. Attitudes like this, and the fact that anti-gay rights laws exist is why I am here. Get over it......

So like the OP says, Time to Repeal Nebraska's Hate Legislation!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Dave, he is on a mission and probably is doing more bad than good for his cause. Honest, intelligent debates are what keep these boards going and can be very educational, people like SurfOmaha are impossible to reason with. I don't understand his feelings but he seems to think he has something to prove.

Nita
Darn right I'm on a mission. Glad you could figure it out. Not all debates are going to be civil, no matter the topic and not everything I say is militant, so try getting over it, ok Nita? The world of gays will appreciate it.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:30 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Darn right I'm on a mission. Glad you could figure it out. Not all debates are going to be civil, no matter the topic and not everything I say is militant, so try getting over it, ok Nita? The world of gays will appreciate it.
When will you realize your views are more militant than most? I won't go back into my connection with gays as I have explained it too many times. I have no problem with anyones life style, regardless of what it is as long as it is legal. I have gay friends, associates, a gay boss, friends with gay children and a newly found (after many years) gay foster child. None of them react the way you do.

Your constant hammering of these issues will get you nowhere except to make many even more unaccepting.

Enough said on the subject
Nita

Old 01-08-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
When will you realize your views are more militant than most? I won't go back into my connection with gays as I have explained it too many times. I have no problem with anyones life style, regardless of what it is as long as it is legal. I have gay friends, associates, a gay boss, friends with gay children and a newly found (after many years) gay foster child. None of them react the way you do.

Your constant hammering of these issues will get you nowhere except to make many even more unaccepting.

Enough said on the subject
Nita
On the contrary, the fight to repeal hate legislation in Nebraska and across the nation will continue. Don't be afraid to bow out if you are not ready. We are ready to continue the fight.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:20 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
Surf, you picked the LEAST abrasive person (Dave) on this forum to try to bicker with. That alone tells the story.

Can you actually blame someone for stearing clear of threads packed full of negativity? Sorry, I know I shouldn't even bother posting but I am in hopes you can show some signs of compromise or concurrence on anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska