U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 11:17 AM

605 posts, read 1,060,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
26 pages hasn't it? Wow! If Surf was working under the strategy "any publicity is good publicity" then I would say he won this battle...
At to make matters worse for those who are against me, here is an article from The Reader describing how the Omaha World Herald refused to post a same-sex marriage announcement.

http://thereader.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1232139161&archive= &start_from=&ucat=6&

Yes Bigotry is alive and well here in Omaha. What happened to Nebraska motto: Equality before the Law?

Its more like Nebraska: The Good Life.... for bigots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 02:43 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,219,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
At to make matters worse for those who are against me, here is an article from The Reader describing how the Omaha World Herald refused to post a same-sex marriage announcement.

http://thereader.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1232139161&archive= &start_from=&ucat=6&

Yes Bigotry is alive and well here in Omaha. What happened to Nebraska motto: Equality before the Law?

Nobodys against you dude, just your tact is all.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:03 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,711,215 times
Quote:

Your link is disabled, and I thought marriages, partnerships etc. were illegal in Nebraska between two people of the same gender, so why would there be an announcement for........ well nothing? Just wondering.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:53 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,653,305 times
Surf,

The argument isn't "against" you! The basic premise is NOT about whether people are FOR YOU or not. The premise deals with gays rights. This simply shows how you can't separate attacks on your argument and attacks against you personally.

This shows your immaturity and lack of nuanced debating skills.

Yes, I AM against YOU and YOUR pathetic and childish tactics. I am NOT against gay marriage!! I never have been. But your childish and ad hominem attacks leave me no choice but to speak out against you. If you'd grow up you might find that most on here probably agree that gay rights should be expanded. If you'd take the time to actually READ people's response you'd realize that it is you, and NOT the issue of gay rights that is the problem. The fact that people can't stand you does NOT make them bigots!!

You're like the Rush Limbaugh for the gay agenda. You're not doing gays a favor by acting like this. I'm sure in your head you some how rationalize this out to you "standing up for what is right" and that you're somehow some sort of great martyr for the gay movement. Well, I'm sorry to say you're not. You're an insecure person who is unbelievably irrational and suffers from a case of narcissism. Please, if you can't behave like an adult and stop with the name calling then please just let this thread die.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:18 AM

14,810 posts, read 14,020,060 times
This is my last post on this thread. Anyone care to join me in letting this thing die? It has become incredibly boring.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:29 AM

605 posts, read 1,060,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
This is my last post on this thread. Anyone care to join me in letting this thing die? It has become incredibly boring.
Good to hear its your last post here. But I won't let this thread die. Its time to wake up bigots like the Omaha World-Herald and let them know the gay community will not be going away.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:37 PM

872 posts, read 2,606,762 times
Quote:
Good to hear its your last post here. But I won't let this thread die. Its time to wake up bigots like the Omaha World-Herald and let them know the gay community will not be going away.
Oh, now I see. I didn't realize that the purpose of this thread was to "wake up bigots" like a newspaper. Funny, I always thought bigots were people and not periodicals, but okay.

My question is do you think that your posts here will garner the attention of the OWH publisher/editor/staff writer and make them change their policies? I'm sure you have contacted them directly as you do not agree with their policies. I think people who post here would be interested to read any communication you sent to the appropriate people at the paper and any resulting correspondence from them. I agree that it is silly that they will not publish notices on same-sex unions along with all of the other notices (for example, what if someone got married after they were already pregnant - people who would be offended by a notice of a same-sex marriage/union might be just as offended by the wedding of people who had sex before marriage... or an older woman marrying a younger man... or a Czech descendant marrying a Polish descendant... None of these things bother me, but some people will be offended by anything. Yet the paper doesn't seem to be planning on stopping the publication of ALL notices, which one would think they would have to do so as not to offend any subscriber or advertiser), so I for one would be interested to see any response you receive from the newspaper.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:13 PM

17 posts, read 42,532 times
Quote:
Alright gay residents of Nebraska! What do you say? Let's get Nebraska's anti-gay marriage amendment repealed. Its time for marriage equality! Let's also get some legislation passed to include sexual orientation and gender identity into Nebraska's discrimination laws!
No Thanks,the people in nebraska spoke and we don't want this garbage in the state.A bunch of states voted on this measure and the people spoke.I don't want this perverted crap out in public,children shouln't see this type of behavior.Keep your business behind closed doors I DO NOT want to know about your business is.The central u.s.(North Dakota to TEXAS) is special there is still civility,go out to california,washington,oregon,maryland,massachusett s,vermont,new york,etc where the public is more acceptingof this.Don't Ask Don't Tell,END OF STORY!!!

Old 01-31-2009, 03:29 PM

72,086 posts, read 83,752,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE WHISTLER View Post
No Thanks,the people in nebraska spoke and we don't want this garbage in the state.A bunch of states voted on this measure and the people spoke.I don't want this perverted crap out in public,children shouln't see this type of behavior.Keep your business behind closed doors I DO NOT want to know about your business is.The central u.s.(North Dakota to TEXAS) is special there is still civility,go out to california,washington,oregon,maryland,massachusett s,vermont,new york,etc where the public is more acceptingof this.Don't Ask Don't Tell,END OF STORY!!!
you have a good point, but maybe a little to strong. Here in AR there was a bill to allow 2 people living together, not married to adopt or foster kids, it did not pass. This is sad but now there are those who want the courts to step in. My feelings, put the bill back on the ballot next time, try to educate and let the public vote as they see fit. If we start repealing bills the public have passed or try to change the bills in courts our rights as citizens are gone. Why bother to vote if the courts can overturn the desires of the citizens?

Nita

Old 01-31-2009, 04:33 PM

1,368 posts, read 1,681,242 times
sorry I don't agree.

Last edited by amerifree; 01-31-2009 at 04:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska