Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 02:08 PM

695 posts, read 1,377,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Have you ever been to a bar?
Ahhhh... So it IS perfectly fine!

Thanks for clarifying. Now if you'd just make that point perfectly clear to all the women I'm going to offend, we're good to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 02:17 PM

240 posts, read 504,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post

Thanks for clarifying. Now if you'd just make that point perfectly clear to all the women I'm going to offend, we're good to go.

are gay people arguing that they want to make out and grope each other in public ?

i thought the thread was about repealing an anti-gay marriage amendment.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:24 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,617,293 times
Quote:

All you did was describe something called "The Weekend". No great revelation there.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:29 PM

695 posts, read 1,377,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd4 View Post
are gay people arguing that they want to make out and grope each other in public ?

i thought the thread was about repealing an anti-gay marriage amendment.
Tell me what would happen if - for instance - I was sitting outside The Spaghetti Works, saw two homosexuals kissing and all over each other, and I told them to knock it off.

You KNOW what would happen.

Here's the point... Everything is NOT about being gay. The light rail system is not about bringing gays to Omaha. Life is not only about sex - or one group's obsession with it. So why does every stinking thread here inevitably get infested with gay talk?

Old 11-21-2008, 02:33 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,703,164 times
SurfOmaha, I see you like to stir the pot...

Old 11-21-2008, 02:35 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,617,293 times
Quote:
Tell me what would happen if - for instance - I was sitting outside The Spaghetti Works, saw two homosexuals kissing and all over each other, and I told them to knock it off.

What would if matter if it was a guy and a girl? It wouldn't matter. It's none of your business.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Alright gay residents of Nebraska! What do you say? Let's get Nebraska's anti-gay marriage amendment repealed. Its time for marriage equality! Let's also get some legislation passed to include sexual orientation and gender identity into Nebraska's discrimination laws!
what is this, you 3rd or 4th thread on the subject??? Let it be, nothing more can be said, you and a few others can continueing your debate with those who do not agree, but there is nothing left to be said...
Nita

Old 11-21-2008, 03:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
SurfOmaha, I see you like to stir the pot...
No, I think he likes to see his name in print::right now, other than a handful of responders, a couple who support him and a few who do not, he is the only one on this tread...

Nita

Old 11-21-2008, 04:08 PM

240 posts, read 504,461 times
Quote:

Here's the point... Everything is NOT about being gay. The light rail system is not about bringing gays to Omaha. Life is not only about sex - or one group's obsession with it. So why does every stinking thread here inevitably get infested with gay talk?
why would you tell them to knock it off ?

i wouldn't tell a straight couple to, even if i had a kid with me. i would just move inside.

and i wouldn't call it "gay talk" i think it is "equal rights talk"

and i think it is all over every thread, because the threads have been about prop. 8 ??

i also have to add that your line "one group's obsession about sex" is way, way off. all they want is the right to be married.

the real obsession with sex is the christians (mormons included).

those are the groups that are so preoccupied with other people's sex lives, they are spending massive amounts of money to fight this.

Last edited by Todd4; 11-21-2008 at 04:30 PM..

Old 11-21-2008, 04:43 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,703,164 times
Quote:

You wouldn't see two homosexuals kissing outside of The Spaghetti Works, and if you did it would be an extremely rare incident. Gays are not that stupid. They make every effort to blend in, and in most cases there not very perceptable to straights anyway, because the negative stereotypes powerful Hollywood Jews portray on the big screen are not that common.

The real obsession is, why are straights so obsessed with oppressing gays? Gays in California weren't bothering anyone. But their straight oppressors actually raised 70 million dollars to help overturn same-sex marriage. Think about it. Think about all the poor people that these religious fanatics could have helped with that money. Think of all the people who lost their homes in the hurricane in Galveston,TX a few months ago. Where were all these religious people then? They didn't care about them because they were obsessed with oppressing gays. Why did we see similar ballot questions in AZ and FL? Because of hate; because one way or another, homophobes want homosexuals to just go away. Why? Because they can't stop thinking about two people of the same sex having sex together--that's why. It doesn't matter that they don't hurt anyone; it doesn't matter that there not illegal immigrants; it doesn't matter that they contribute the least amount of crime than almost every other socio group. They just want them to go away, even though there not always that visible in the first place. Think of all the more important issue facing our country today...especially in California! Unemployment/lack of economic growth, the environment, millions of people immigrating here illegally/over-population, the cost of gasoline and oil, global warming, water shortages, and the fires CA faces. None of these issues are as important to a homophobe as oppressing the rights of gays, because no other proposition had so much time and energy dedicated by so few towards it! No other proposition had this kind of diligency in its effort to raise money.

There are 37 states that still allow discrimination against gays. They can be fired for no other reason but being gay; they can have their children taken away from them; they can't visit their spouse in the hospital. Oppressing gays isn't only hateful and wrong, its is extremely irrational. Consider this, in countries such as the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden, since gays have been given equal rights, including the right to marry, the visibility of gays has almost vanished. Their visibility for whatever reason has dissipated. People in Europe really scratch their heads over this when they witness what is going on in this country. They wander? Where are our priorities??

Last edited by 1979; 11-21-2008 at 04:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska