U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-21-2008, 05:33 PM
 
695 posts, read 1,200,228 times
Reputation: 142

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
What would if matter if it was a guy and a girl? It wouldn't matter. It's none of your business.
Ahhh... Well then, why are they insisting on taking their bedroom out into public?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-21-2008, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Midtown Omaha
605 posts, read 1,058,339 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
So basically what I'm hearing from some of the members here is that if I, as a heterosexual, walk around flaunting my heterosexuality - hitting on women whenever and wherever I see them, making lascivious comments and gyrating my hips at them - this should be okay?

If I decide to start making out and groping in public, and somebody is disgusted, I can yell at them for being a heterophobe?

Basically, as a heterosexual, I can express my sexuality - and sexual urges - in any way I want, and nobody is allowed to respond?


Makes sense to me!
You're still allowed to get married and even serve in the military. Your point is being ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Midtown Omaha
605 posts, read 1,058,339 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
SurfOmaha, I see you like to stir the pot...
From your writing, I see you like to smoke it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Midtown Omaha
605 posts, read 1,058,339 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
You wouldn't see two homosexuals kissing outside of The Spaghetti Works, and if you did it would be an extremely rare incident. Gays are not that stupid. They make every effort to blend in, and in most cases there not very perceptable to straights anyway, because the negative stereotypes powerful Hollywood Jews portray on the big screen are not that common.

The real obsession is, why are straights so obsessed with oppressing gays? Gays in California weren't bothering anyone. But their straight oppressors actually raised 70 million dollars to help overturn same-sex marriage. Think about it. Think about all the poor people that these religious fanatics could have helped with that money. Think of all the people who lost their homes in the hurricane in Galveston,TX a few months ago. Where were all these religious people then? They didn't care about them because they were obsessed with oppressing gays. Why did we see similar ballot questions in AZ and FL? Because of hate; because one way or another, homophobes want homosexuals to just go away. Why? Because they can't stop thinking about two people of the same sex having sex together--that's why. It doesn't matter that they don't hurt anyone; it doesn't matter that there not illegal immigrants; it doesn't matter that they contribute the least amount of crime than almost every other socio group. They just want them to go away, even though there not always that visible in the first place. Think of all the more important issue facing our country today...especially in California! Unemployment/lack of economic growth, the environment, millions of people immigrating here illegally/over-population, the cost of gasoline and oil, global warming, water shortages, and the fires CA faces. None of these issues are as important to a homophobe as oppressing the rights of gays, because no other proposition had so much time and energy dedicated by so few towards it! No other proposition had this kind of diligency in its effort to raise money.

There are 37 states that still allow discrimination against gays. They can be fired for no other reason but being gay; they can have their children taken away from them; they can't visit their spouse in the hospital. Oppressing gays isn't only hateful and wrong, its is extremely irrational. Consider this, in countries such as the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden, since gays have been given equal rights, including the right to marry, the visibility of gays has almost vanished. Their visibility for whatever reason has dissipated. People in Europe really scratch their heads over this when they witness what is going on in this country. They wander? Where are our priorities??
Not only that, but Yes on 8 used lies and deception to take advantage of the public fears on homosexuality. What a shame considering these same churches call lying a sin. Hypocrits!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Midtown Omaha
605 posts, read 1,058,339 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
Ahhh... Well then, why are they insisting on taking their bedroom out into public?
Because the public insists on peaking into their bedroom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,682 posts, read 83,272,206 times
Reputation: 41529
to those of you who think gay marrage should be accepted by everyone something just happened this afternoon that has made me realize you are not representing all gays::

I will try to keep this as short as I can: In the late 60s and into the mid 70s my husband and I were foster parents to kids from Newborns to teens. One of our wonderful foster daughters who lived with us for 3 year eventually was returned to her mom. We stayed in contact for many years but eventually lost each other. Believe this or not I got a call from a private detective this afternoon. This wonderful child, now in her 50s has spent 25 years tryingt to find us. We talked to her about 2 hours ago. Between love, tears and total surprise she informed us she is gay but has had the same partner for 15 years. We knew she was gay, how, I will not go into right now.

I did reveal to her, I have no problem with her live style but I do not approve of gay marriage: hello, she said she doesn't either; her reasoning, between what we instilled in her and her own rationale, marriage is a religious issue between a man and a woman. blew me away, later I called my boss who is gay, guess what, he said the same thing.. so believe what you want, think what you want, this is a free country, but do not assume all gays and lesbians think as you do.

I can wait to spend time with our lost daughter and to know she is happy, adjusted. We, hopefully will spend many wonderful years as mom, dad, daugther and siblings with all the love that a family can share

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 07:30 PM
 
695 posts, read 1,200,228 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Not only that, but Yes on 8 used lies and deception to take advantage of the public fears on homosexuality. What a shame considering these same churches call lying a sin. Hypocrits!!!
There were churches that were teaching about "Yes On 8"?

What churches were those?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 07:33 PM
 
695 posts, read 1,200,228 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Because the public insists on peaking into their bedroom!
No they don't. I'm not interested in peeking into anybody's bedroom. And I'd venture a guess that very few people are.

I think it's YOU that's obsessed with peeking into everyone's bedroom.

And I think you're letting your paranoia get the best of you.

The fact is, I wouldn't have had any idea whether or not you're gay, were it not for the fact that you relentlessly flaunt it on every thread in this forum. You manage to turn every discussion into a gay forum - even going so far as to flounce around about a light rail system would draw gays to Omaha. How stupid is that?


Once again, there is no question that you are your own worst enemy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Midtown Omaha
605 posts, read 1,058,339 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
to those of you who think gay marrage should be accepted by everyone something just happened this afternoon that has made me realize you are not representing all gays::

I will try to keep this as short as I can: In the late 60s and into the mid 70s my husband and I were foster parents to kids from Newborns to teens. One of our wonderful foster daughters who lived with us for 3 year eventually was returned to her mom. We stayed in contact for many years but eventually lost each other. Believe this or not I got a call from a private detective this afternoon. This wonderful child, now in her 50s has spent 25 years tryingt to find us. We talked to her about 2 hours ago. Between love, tears and total surprise she informed us she is gay but has had the same partner for 15 years. We knew she was gay, how, I will not go into right now.

I did reveal to her, I have no problem with her live style but I do not approve of gay marriage: hello, she said she doesn't either; her reasoning, between what we instilled in her and her own rationale, marriage is a religious issue between a man and a woman. blew me away, later I called my boss who is gay, guess what, he said the same thing.. so believe what you want, think what you want, this is a free country, but do not assume all gays and lesbians think as you do.

I can wait to spend time with our lost daughter and to know she is happy, adjusted. We, hopefully will spend many wonderful years as mom, dad, daugther and siblings with all the love that a family can share

Nita
They are quite a few gays that don't think they will use marriage in their lifetime. Yet many still believe gays and lesbians should still have that choice.

Interesting point that she's been in a relationship for 15 years, but without a marriage validated by a govt she or her partner won't have hospital visitation rights when the other is hospitalized. Did you ask her what she thought of that? I doubt you even thought of it.

Many homophobes have the stereotype that homosexuals are only in it for the sex. They don't understand that gays and lesbians are capable of loving their partner like couples in a straight realtionship. I know homosexual couples that have been together for years as well, I think they deserve the chance to get married, even if they choose not to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 07:50 PM
 
Location: Midtown Omaha
605 posts, read 1,058,339 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
There were churches that were teaching about "Yes On 8"?

What churches were those?
I never said anything about teaching, it was about the yes on 8 campaign. Yes on 8 is a coalition of various religious groups, including Cathic, Mormon and even black Baptist churches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:40 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top