U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-17-2008, 09:08 PM

605 posts, read 766,232 times

Advertisements

Alright gay residents of Nebraska! What do you say? Let's get Nebraska's anti-gay marriage amendment repealed. Its time for marriage equality! Let's also get some legislation passed to include sexual orientation and gender identity into Nebraska's discrimination laws!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 08:37 AM

1,823 posts, read 3,476,088 times
No offense, but you already have two threads on this in the Omaha section and have took over another two in the Omaha section. I realize you have the right to fight for your beliefs and freedom of speech, but it can become a little too much.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:12 AM

369 posts, read 801,929 times
Freedom of speech means the government cannot restrict your freedom. This is not a governmental website.

This is not a political forum either:

http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-18-2008, 11:06 PM

4,179 posts, read 5,785,986 times
Yawn.
Anytime two of age, consenting adults want to get married,t hey should be able to. Mostly because I am sooooo sick of hearing them whine about how miserable they are. Let them be trapped in a loveless LEGAL marriage, with expenses like lawyers and counselors and legal fees and court costs and divvying up who gets what, including any children, who pays alimony, and child support, and who gets to go to jail when they don't. Absolutely. It is EVERYONE'S RIGHT to be miserable - and to pay the State for the privilege.

JMHO.

BTW, I've been cheerfully and legally married for over 26 years, so I'm not a bitter ex... I just get tired of hearing people insist that they are in a minority. Wrong. People whose relationships last, people who can maintain a relationship thru hell and high water, are. Be careful what you ask for, 'cause you just might get it. Then the only people who will "respect you for your choice" will be the ones who are taking your money. (PS they won't really respect you, either.)

Old 11-19-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
No offense, but you already have two threads on this in the Omaha section and have took over another two in the Omaha section. I realize you have the right to fight for your beliefs and freedom of speech, but it can become a little too much.
No offense, but you don't have to respond to any thread your not interested in.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsThisOneTaken? View Post
Freedom of speech means the government cannot restrict your freedom. This is not a governmental website.

This is not a political forum either:

http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
It may not be a political forum, but discussion of politics is allowed.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Yawn.
Anytime two of age, consenting adults want to get married,t hey should be able to. Mostly because I am sooooo sick of hearing them whine about how miserable they are. Let them be trapped in a loveless LEGAL marriage, with expenses like lawyers and counselors and legal fees and court costs and divvying up who gets what, including any children, who pays alimony, and child support, and who gets to go to jail when they don't. Absolutely. It is EVERYONE'S RIGHT to be miserable - and to pay the State for the privilege.

JMHO.

BTW, I've been cheerfully and legally married for over 26 years, so I'm not a bitter ex... I just get tired of hearing people insist that they are in a minority. Wrong. People whose relationships last, people who can maintain a relationship thru hell and high water, are. Be careful what you ask for, 'cause you just might get it. Then the only people who will "respect you for your choice" will be the ones who are taking your money. (PS they won't really respect you, either.)
We just want the same rights you have.

So time to repeal the hate amendment in Nebraska! Anytakers!

Old 11-19-2008, 09:44 AM

369 posts, read 801,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
It may not be a political forum, but discussion of politics is allowed.
Apparently you didn't actually read the TOS linked above. (Emphasis not mine.)

All posts unrelated to local matters will be deleted or moved. Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants.

I'm guessing the only reason your threads continue is because the mods are unaware or overwhelmed.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:33 AM

2,716 posts, read 4,649,146 times
Well, the topic is local. It is controversial, but every forum attracts a difference of opinion and becomes controversial most of the time, anyway.

I'm sick of the topic also, however, I think these forums are overmoderated sometimes.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:20 AM

2,177 posts, read 2,199,360 times
IMO, its hard to look at one's issue seriously when they are brought across the way this issue has hit the forum. There is a right way to do things and a wrong way. There is open debate, where each expresses their opinions without the other side attacking. IMO this has moved far beyond a good open debate on the topic. Some of the references made in posts are not necessary to debate an issue such as this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska