U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-20-2008, 09:22 AM

605 posts, read 762,192 times

Advertisements

This is a suggestion for the people in Nebraska who don't understand gays and lesbians, but who might care to try. This might be a good movie for you to see. Harvey Milk is considered by most in the gay community to be the first gay man elected to a political office. He was also a staunch activist, and within 10 months of his election he was murdered, along with the Mayor of San Francisco. Senator Dianne Feinstein from CA, became acting mayor of San Fran. upon the Mayor's assassination.

Personally I can't wait for it to come out.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:09 PM

1,362 posts, read 3,138,175 times
I'm looking forward to it to. I think it will be great.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
I'm looking forward to it to. I think it will be great.
James Franco is in it. hot hot hot

Old 11-25-2008, 10:07 AM

1,362 posts, read 3,138,175 times
It's a movie. He's not holding a gun to your head and making you watch it. Chill out.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:07 PM

139 posts, read 313,786 times
As much as I want gay and straight, liberal and conservative to come to terms with individual lifestyles, I just don't see that sort of tolerance in the U.S. in the forseeable future.

Why can't people love who they want? There is so much underlying homophobia in this country it's crazy. We're all human beings living on this rock together, but instead of embracing one another and working together in our own communities, we shun those we see as radically different. Who wants to live their lives judging and being judged?

It's not hard to think about, it's not a hard thing to achieve (at least in my mind).

I'm not attempting to single out any post in this thread, it's just a broad generalization of what I see everyday.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundforlanguage81 View Post
As much as I want gay and straight, liberal and conservative to come to terms with individual lifestyles, I just don't see that sort of tolerance in the U.S. in the forseeable future.

Why can't people love who they want? There is so much underlying homophobia in this country it's crazy. We're all human beings living on this rock together, but instead of embracing one another and working together in our own communities, we shun those we see as radically different. Who wants to live their lives judging and being judged?

It's not hard to think about, it's not a hard thing to achieve (at least in my mind).

I'm not attempting to single out any post in this thread, it's just a broad generalization of what I see everyday.
And that's what the bigots do everyday.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:05 PM

14,937 posts, read 7,048,512 times
Closing!

It's not about a movie anymore, is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska