U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-03-2009, 03:56 PM

2 posts, read 1,993 times
Default Moving to Lincoln, need advice on Cellphone service

Hello,

I am moving to Lincoln in a few months and need suggestions/advice on cell phone coverage in Lincoln.
I am currently using ATT and have a 3G phone which works great in the South-east US. I heard ATT just launched 3G network in Lincoln. Does anyone have ATT service and are you happy with it?

If not what's the best provider for cell phone service? And if you have information on other providers, please post a reply..

I can switch from ATT since I am not on a contract anymore.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 09:51 AM

2,177 posts, read 2,148,331 times
I have ATT and get into Lincoln monthly on business or pleasure. Very good service there always. Plus I have good service throughout most the state with them. Can't complain.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:40 AM

2 posts, read 1,993 times
Thanks Sandhills Guru..I appreciate your response..

Old 01-05-2009, 03:10 PM

68 posts, read 136,373 times
As long as you stay in Lincoln it is fine but outside it turns to crap, I had AT&T/ Cingular when I built my new house 10 miles south of town. I had almost no service from 5 miles out, was told they would be getting new towers, that I was on the edge of towers. A year later I canceled my plans, they still told me the same thing about towers, and that it would be $300 to cancel. I told them that was a cheap price for the saftey of my pregnant wife and 3 kids. Alltel seems to be the top carrier around here but they were just bought out by Verizon and not sure what will happen in the near future. I went with Verizon and have coverage all around town, and so good out at my new house I got rid of my home phones.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:22 PM

2,177 posts, read 2,148,331 times
I know ATT is partnered with a carrier out of Colorado now, Viaero, they purchased the rights for must all of the rural areas that ATT covers here in the state and have been putting up new towers at a very fast rate. I travel Hwy 2 to Nebraska city a lot, 77 south to Beatrice area, then north of Lincoln throughout northeast Nebraska and my coverage/reception if anything has improved over the last year.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:38 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,865,334 times
Quote:
I know ATT is partnered with a carrier out of Colorado now, Viaero
Ahh!
Which would explain why I now have completely seamless coverage, statewide. Except maybe that stretch of 27 between Gordon and Ellsworth.
(We've had Viaero for several years... ) Viaero is indeed building towers like ants. They're aiming to be everywhere. Particuarly for those of us who live in areas that no one else cares about...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska