Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:40 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,873,251 times

Advertisements

I don't understand the OP at all. To me, Lincoln is every bit the same as any other mid-sized college town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 12:02 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,604,734 times
Where the hell do you have to be from that Lincoln would seem like Detroit to you?

Old 01-19-2009, 01:24 PM

262 posts, read 1,021,239 times
This is silly. At least the OP realizes he's an ass. Maybe that has something to do with the way you're treated?

Old 01-19-2009, 10:13 PM

59 posts, read 229,851 times
nebraskanass, You say you have been to 35 states and lived in 5 different states. Do you know what Compton is like? I grew up in Inglewood and Lennox California. I think you are blind my friend.
As far as Lincoln having "crooked" police. I take deep offense in statements such as that. What do you do for a living? Why dont you become a Police Officer or a first responder and risk your life. Have you ever thought that maybe Police Officers build relationships with civilians in poverty struck neighborhoods? Maybe the "gang bangers" you see are not even what you say they are. I too have lived in 5 states. You are crazy!!! No Police in their right mind would allow such things to take place in front of them... Have a little respect will you.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:48 AM

34 posts, read 431,184 times
I lived in Lincoln for 25 years, and never saw one thing that was complained about (okay, maybe roads). Of course, i never had much dealings with the police as the OP appears to have had plenty of run-ins based on his comments. Unless he's just believing everything he's reading in the Lincoln Journal Rag.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:15 AM

9 posts, read 50,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebraskanass View Post
Thanks everyone for their input. When I first moved here I put money down on a house and I had to wait a month before all the paper work to go through. So I ended up renting an apartment by the East Campus. That was another mistake I made, because I looked at and moved into the apartment during the day time when everything was nice and quiet. So I move in and as soon as night hit the whole place turned into Compton. Drug dealers, gang bangers, pimps, hookers -- you get the picture. There where several times I saw the police sitting in their patrol cars and watching drug deals going down, pimps walking by with their hookers and nobody seeming to mind that the cops were in the parking lot. I also notice some of the officers nodding to the gang bangers after transactions were done. Now if that isn't crooked cops then I guess I don't understand the meaning of crooked. Also what is up with the demographics of Lincoln? -- but that is another story completely. Watch the news and you'll understand where I'm going with this.
HAHAHA, this post is an obvious lie because the cops in Lincoln are too happy to bust anyone and everyone. They tried to give me a jay-walking ticket once. I can promise they don't let drug deals go down. And there are no pimps east of 27th st. East Campus is east of 33rd. The prostitution, the limited amount there is, only goes on around 14th and E and a couple blocks each way.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:11 AM

Ok, I don't think LPD is a corrupt bunch of officers, if fact, I haven't heard much of anything negative about them.

I have seen some very suspect pics though!! Maybe a few officers with a young lady called...oh whats her name again?....Melissa Midwest? =-) If I was an officer I would have done the same exact thing, though!

Old 01-22-2009, 11:07 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,208,130 times
I don't like cities in general.

(How's that?)

Old 01-23-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
I don't like cities in general.

(How's that?)
Lots of poeple don't

Old 01-23-2009, 02:06 PM

482 posts, read 1,325,453 times
Yeah, Lincoln is straight outta Compton. The op must have moved to Lincoln directly from his time warp farm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska