Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 01:52 PM

482 posts, read 2,225,299 times

Advertisements

Alltel wire telephone was for sale and they did sale. Alltel is wanting to do just wireless telephone service. When did you hear that Alltel was wanting to sale their wireless service as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 04:40 PM

275 posts, read 1,288,409 times
Google it. They have been making the rounds with all the major carriers, possible a private equity may buy them though.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:24 AM

117 posts, read 526,486 times
All that has been said has been said by analysts. This is an annual event. Every single year, Alltel is mysteriously up for sale. There are some things in the works, which should come out late April or early May, but a sale is not in the cards as of now. This can always change if the right buyer comes along, but they're not any more imminently for sale than say US Cellular. They are simply looking to exercise some new arrangements.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:20 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,009,154 times
As far as I understand it if you have Verizon service then whenever you're in out state Nebraska you are getting service from the Alltel towers. My sister has Verizon and I have Alltel and when we were driving through Nebraska we had practically the same service. That said, Alltel is indeed looking for a potential buyer. All the big names are in the hunt: Verizon, Cingular, and Tmobile.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:05 PM

41 posts, read 121,368 times
Far and away, Alltel.

Old 04-21-2007, 11:01 AM

2,177 posts, read 3,546,722 times
Viaero is new and upcoming provider for rural Nebraska and in areas they are in at this time beat the other competition hands down. They roam with cingular & T mobile and do a good job of covering the state.

We had altell, do many laps in coverage is my opinion.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:18 PM

117 posts, read 526,486 times
Don't get me wrong, I love Viaero and what they do. But, Viaero is great only where there is coverage, and if you're in the Midwest, and you leave their area, you best well be in a large city, as their only roaming partners are Cingular and T-Mobile. Take a long hard look at these maps:

Viaero's Own Network:

If you leave this area, you're left with these two areas, and thats it:

The orange (Cingular):
http://www.cingular.com/support/images/maps/payasyougo.gif (broken link)

The pink (T-Mobile):

Don't be confused with maps like:

for Cingular and

for T-Mobile. Those maps show all their roaming partners too, which are not allowed if you are a Viaero subscriber.

With GSM (the network that Viaero, Cingular, and T-Mobile use), you are purely SOL if you don't have a roaming partner. You can't 'pay roam' on another carrier thats not included in your plan, and you can't use Analog like if you were a CDMA customer.

SUMMARY: If you are only in large cities, and you don't leave the Viaero area in Nebraska except for large cities, you'll be fine. Otherwise, get ready for a lack of calling availability in any real rural area.

Old 04-28-2007, 02:41 PM

25 posts, read 186,406 times
Lukedaddy - I hope that happens. Iuse Verizon since most of my work is in Iowa. But, when I go to Lincoln, my phone stops working east of 56th St.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:15 PM

292 posts, read 933,761 times
Default Best Cell Carrier in Nebraska

Depending on which part of the state you live in, consider Viaero Wireless. This company has been moving up from Colorado and is now spreading across greater Nebraska. Many former Alltell customers have switched to Viaero due to better service in their rural areas and closer towers. The towers are going up left and right in our area! (Neligh)

Old 06-19-2007, 03:34 PM

3 posts, read 26,112 times
Default I have qwest and...

I am not happy. If I stay in Omaha it is ok but recently in western Douglas county I was roaming. NOT COOL.

Strongish Jims
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska