Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 07:40 PM

1 posts, read 5,079 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if you decided to relocate to Sidney??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 03:52 AM

3 posts, read 18,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfour_niku View Post
hi
i am looking for housing in Sidney area. how does the rent looks like. what is the best rated house might cost rent..I have heard about clubs and sporting outlets there, are they any good..
We are a little ways from Sidney in Oshkosh but they have a Cabela's work place here to and everyone that works there seems to like them. We are just moving to Oshkosh and the houseing was way better than in Indiana were we cam from. The realtor was great we bought a small rach acerage for Just over $60,000. Houses in town were cheeper for older ones and even newer one were no the price of places back east. Almost all of the older homes were kept up very nice.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:59 PM

4 posts, read 17,933 times
We just moved here from the East Coast, what a difference!!! Very open I am used to lots and lots of trees. I will say for a decent house and yard you will be paying over 100,000 for one. There is a "mini"super Wal-Mart here. IF you want a decent size wal-mart you need to drive about 30 minutes south into Sterling CO. They also have a smaller version of a home depot. If you want anything major, you will need to drive into Cheyenne, WY 1hr 15 min or Ft Collins, 2 hours. for like a Sam's or Target or Lowes. Only chain restaruants here are Arbys and Mcd and Pizza Hut. They have two steak houses, The Goosepit and Dudes (downtown great food, little expensive) THe people are great here, Have not met an unfriendle soul here. Not sure about the school system, mine are still babies we have a way for that yet. I feel like the weather pretty much stinks. Always seems to be windy so bad you can't even get outside. I hated the storms this spring. Never been through a tornado and never plan too. Winter wasn't bad for me, I am used to the snow!!! loved it actually. Summer was nice inthe beginnin, then it got hot, 90's to 100 with humidity no doubt. Can't wait for fall, only wish there was more trees, I will miss them! Only thing everything is a drive around here to get to anything major. Hope you enjoy that!!

Old 09-27-2007, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 14,194 times
I will hopefully be interviewing at Cabela's soon for a position in the corporate offices (Staff Attorney). I already live in the panhandle, so I hope they consider it a plus that I'm willing to stay. Do they get very many candidates who are willing to move to Sidney? Does anybody have any tips for interviewing with Cabela's? Do you know what they look for? I'm already a Cabela's fan and an avid outdoorsman. Hopefully that will help. I would love to work for Cabela's and I consider this a dream job. I want to do whatever I can to get it. Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:01 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Crazy 8, I'm a little new at transferring the data; I'm pretty computer stupid. I have been through Sidney just one time maybe 10 years ago. I stayed in a nice mom and pop motel for about $30. Had a great dinner and breakfast . The climate is similar to Denver- elevation 4500 feet, maybe a little higher. Dry climate. Hopefully the previous posts can help you. Good luck to you!

Old 11-14-2007, 09:50 AM

4 posts, read 17,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuapo View Post
I will hopefully be interviewing at Cabela's soon for a position in the corporate offices (Staff Attorney). I already live in the panhandle, so I hope they consider it a plus that I'm willing to stay. Do they get very many candidates who are willing to move to Sidney? Does anybody have any tips for interviewing with Cabela's? Do you know what they look for? I'm already a Cabela's fan and an avid outdoorsman. Hopefully that will help. I would love to work for Cabela's and I consider this a dream job. I want to do whatever I can to get it. Thanks in advance for any info.
I know when my husband interviewed it was basic interview more about the position than anything. Guess if you know your stuff then you will be ok. Also living here will probably be an advantage. Hope you do well.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:56 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,715,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodn10 View Post
I would like to get some information on Sidney NE. I am looking into a possible employment position with Cabela’s. This would be a big move for my family and I (distance-wise). We currently live in a small farming community (about 13,000 pop.) so the size of Sidney doesn’t bother me. What I am trying to get information on is, “what is the life in Sidney like?” Are the citizens “down to earth” and friendly? How are the schools? I have gone on the schools web page and read how the schools “stand” on state averages but, “how are the teachers?” Are there enough doctors, dentist, optometrists? Do you have to wait weeks to schedule a visit? I see that there is a Wal-Mart so the downtown (so I have read) has been affected by them, but “what about the rest of the businesses?” What does a gallon of gas cost? What are the utilities like (Good reliable service)? How is the housing market? What is it like to work for Cabela’s? If anyone would like to give me any information about Sidney or Cabela’s I would greatly appreciate it.
Not to fray you away from the Nebraska forum. But have you ever considered Rapid City, South Dakota? Cabela's has just broke ground here and will be up and running in less than a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska