U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 06-01-2009, 10:14 AM

2,177 posts, read 2,001,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinolux View Post
Wow, so much hate in this thread. :\
Getting to be a lot of hate in the Nebraska forum period any more it seems. Mainly brought on by a few. It does get rather old and does not shed a good light on our state as a whole.

As for wanting to remove Omaha from the state. Ridiculous!! Omaha brings a lot to our state in my opinion. As do a lot of areas of this fine state, including western Nebraska as well.

I do not believe we can do with out any of the fine cities we have in our state, the specific regions of our state, or the varing of lifes in our state that make it what it is.

What I can't understand if you hate or feel like this state is depriving you of your rights, why stay?

Unread 06-01-2009, 11:27 AM

1,362 posts, read 2,891,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhills Guru View Post

What I can't understand if you hate or feel like this state is depriving you of your rights, why stay?
Maybe because our jobs, families, and friends are here and despite being 2nd class citizens some of us would like to stay but just be able to enjoy the same rights you all have.

Unread 06-01-2009, 04:02 PM

2,177 posts, read 2,001,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Maybe because our jobs, families, and friends are here and despite being 2nd class citizens some of us would like to stay but just be able to enjoy the same rights you all have.

I believe you do have the same rights I have already.

Unread 06-01-2009, 08:47 PM

696 posts, read 780,921 times
Quote:

:shoc ked:

+1 Sandhills Guru

Unread 06-02-2009, 12:06 AM

1,362 posts, read 2,891,312 times
Quote:
You can marry your same sex partner? That's news to me.

Unread 06-06-2009, 12:49 PM

3 posts, read 3,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
But today I have come to the conclusion that the most arrogant, biggoted, hate-driven people in America are conservatives...

How are conservatives hateful? If conservatives are so hateful why did the liberals use violence to protest the war at the 2008 Republic National Convention. How can you be anti war and use violence to protest.
Why are most if not all domestic terrorists are liberals? Can someone say William Ayers.

Or have no problem killing a baby(who has never sinned) in a partial birth abortion and try to save a guy on death role (who has sinned)? How is that not HATE! That is just plain WRONG.

So stop watching the media and letting them think for you.

Unread 06-06-2009, 12:57 PM

3 posts, read 3,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesterner guy View Post
Sure Omaha has more people and accordingly collects more taxes. But Omaha spends more money too. Revenues would go away, but so would expenses.

As for comparing an Omaha-less Nebraska with the Dakotas, have you noticed that South Dakota imposes no state income tax and South Dakota’s property taxes are not much higher than those of Nebraska?

Better off, I say. Give em the boot!
South Dakota taxes food. So screw that. I bet they make more money that way. Even the unemployed and the lazy people still have to pay the tax.

Unread 06-07-2009, 12:30 AM

1,181 posts, read 2,565,560 times
Ok. The idea that only liberals or only conservatives are hateful is simply and totally moronic.

I am also really flipping sick of the oversimplified childish classification of people as liberal or conservative.

I have a very diverse group of friends. And none of them could be classified as "liberal" or "conservative." They are liberal or conservative on individual issues, but none are all or nothing (but that could be because they have free thought).

Both sides need to grow the hell up.

Unread 06-07-2009, 10:08 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,450,306 times
I agree Matt. And that's one thing I've always appreciated about this forum, actually.
Except for a very few people, most don't seem interested in those bigoted labels that partisan politicos like to throw around.

Unread 06-13-2009, 12:50 PM

164 posts, read 340,244 times
I didn't read all 12 pages of this post, because it would be pointless. But to answer the OP, Omaha is the best part of Nebraska, and its population subsidizes the rest of the state. If anything, western Nebraska should become part of Wyoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska