U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 06:12 PM

1,119 posts, read 3,812,793 times

Advertisements

I don't know exactly how to answer your question....

Except this... Valmont builds many things....
one of them is irrigation systems.....
many are not..........
irrigation is no less nor more important than any other sector.....
you would need to do more than monopolize building irrigation systems to reach fortune 500 status, and Valmont has not monopolized irrigation....
however it still remains an important part of the corporation.....
I think this Omaha vs rest of nebraska garbage is stupid and a waste of our time, to me both are important... I do not care if they rely on each other for livelyhood... I just hope they both do well, Omaha is my city and Nebraska is my state... let's just leave it at that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2007, 07:45 PM

48 posts, read 155,694 times
Oh I agree wholeheartedly. Omaha is an apple in Nebraska's eye. Its like an important organ...you take away the heart and the body fails. Pretty good analogy if I say so myself.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:32 PM

421 posts, read 1,068,468 times
Default So

Well, I think Omaha is a small, rural, meat packing, hick town, that has no tourist attraction what so ever and will NEVER amount to a cosmopolitan city like Minneapolis or Chicago so all money going to Omaha should be spent on Minnapolis to expand thier universities and mass transit. What do you think of that MattDen??

Old 05-08-2007, 10:16 PM

2,506 posts, read 7,744,971 times
Last week you were comparing my hometown of Mpls. to Detroit and here you go again telling a bunch of Nebraskans that we should return 4/5ths of their state to the prairie. And if you knew anything about agriculture you would know that it is best done by generational farmers, not Bonanza opportunists who insource Hispanics to do all thier work (who I assume should all commute from Omaha, that thriving prairie metropolis which transcends the remainder of its state. A light rail to North Platte anyone?) Any more brilliant ideas sir? Send Calif. out to sea. Circumcise Florida. Turn everything between the Mississippi and the Colorado into the state of Reaganonia. You are offensive and insolent.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:21 PM

Default ?

Who are you replying to Minnehahapolitan?

Last edited by Isaysos; 05-09-2007 at 06:32 PM..

Old 05-09-2007, 10:41 PM

475 posts, read 2,036,874 times
I see, since I left for a while, Matt has resorted to a new strategy of trying to drive a wedge between Omaha and the rest of Nebraska ("Why isn't Nebraska pro-Omaha", "Why is Omaha so much more progressive than Lincoln", "... more reason for the state to prioritize Omaha").

Go away Matt.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:21 PM

I agree! I think he just likes making people angry and needs to seek help.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:27 PM

2,506 posts, read 7,744,971 times
I was referring to MattDen, apologies for notr specifying.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,546 times
Default Wrong question in initial premise

After living in several different parts of Nebraska throughout my life I feel the question that started this thread is backwards. I want to make clear I have no extreme preference for urban or rural living, like everything each has its own pros and cons. Most of the post that sing the praises of Omaha and denigrate the rest of the state continue to reinforce the notion that is is not Nebraska that is anti-Omaha but rather Omaha which seems to be anti- any other part of Nebraska.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:25 PM

3 posts, read 6,317 times
Default Gretchen B Yea...MatDen BOOOOO

What is with this Mat Den? I lived in Omaha for 12 years, recently retired and moved elsewhere (as planned). I do not denigrate the state or the City. I don't want to live there anymore, but , a lot of people do. As far as wheat Gretchen B has to say, it sounds like she is hitting the nail on the head. This MatDen reportedly has lived in Denver, Colorado Springs, and Columbus, Ohio and purports to looking forward to going back to Ohio. GO ! It is obvious that Ohio is made for you with the amount of greed and larceny going on in that Great? state with politicians etc. Oh, and by the way , I grew up in Ohio and still visit family. It is a good place to live , but not my choice. So, since I have also lived in Denver myself, do I have a "Plan" that would make everything simply wonderful for those locations. No. And that is ok. Maybe MatDen should spend more time editing his posts (spelling, usage, etc) and then he would be better prepared to bandy about with his so called ruminating ways to improve Nebraska. Move the hospitals for elderly care into the city...really, so that the poor rurals can drive 300-400 miles to see their family? Come on .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or