Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 08:46 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,565,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
This thread is completely ridiculous. Dr. Carhart is neither a patriot or a Nazi. This is just stupid. He's is a F'n doctor offering to perform a LEGAL procedure. Both sides of this debate are so whacked in the gord that neither makes any sense any more. All you do is try to paint the otherside as zealots. Neither side has the true interest of women and families at heart.

This just in... NO ONE SUPPORTS ABORTION!!!!!!

People support a right to choose the option that is right for thier situation. It should be a private consultation between doctor and patient not driven by slogans or catchphrases. The loons on both sides of the issue have done more to damage the discourse and ignore the actual needs of women than any abortion ever could. It's disgusting how people lionize themselves and wear their badge of honor on this issue. The truth it is it's always a difficult and painful decision, not one to be taken lightly or turned into a bumper sticker.

This thread makes me sick. You should be ashamed.
No one supports abortion? That is absolutely, 100%, completely and totally false.

The doctors who are making millions of dollars performing abortions support abortion. So too does our current President - to the point that we're now paying for abortions around the world.

Sick indeed.

It would appear to me that some people really DON'T care about the health of women who are having their bodies subjected to abortion.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:59 AM

704 posts, read 1,863,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
No one supports abortion? That is absolutely, 100%, completely and totally false.

The doctors who are making millions of dollars performing abortions support abortion. So too does our current President - to the point that we're now paying for abortions around the world.

Sick indeed.

It would appear to me that some people really DON'T care about the health of women who are having their bodies subjected to abortion.

By your logic, doctors that treat cancer; support cancer. Because they make so much money off treating cancer they must support it. I thought you had your head on pretty straight, I guess I was wrong.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
By your logic, doctors that treat cancer; support cancer. Because they make so much money off treating cancer they must support it. I thought you had your head on pretty straight, I guess I was wrong.
You're trying to compare treating cancer to performing abortions?

One saves lives. One ends lives.

Kinda ridiculous.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
You're trying to compare treating cancer to performing abortions?

One saves lives. One ends lives.

Kinda ridiculous.

Shows how much you are missing the point. Many abortions are performed to save the life of the mother. Not all are elective. But that doesn't matter does it?

My final response before I walk away from this is very simple. Abortion is not pretty and it should not be taken lightly. But it is and should remian legal. Women should be able to make the decision that they feel is best from with private counseling from their doctor's and families. They don't need a "concerned" dude from Omaha telling them what they should do. The entire point is they should be able to choose what LEGAL procedure is best for them.

I'm sure you mean well but you come across as a bit of a zealot on this issue.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Shows how much you are missing the point. Many abortions are performed to save the life of the mother. Not all are elective. But that doesn't matter does it?

My final response before I walk away from this is very simple. Abortion is not pretty and it should not be taken lightly. But it is and should remian legal. Women should be able to make the decision that they feel is best from with private counseling from their doctor's and families. They don't need a "concerned" dude from Omaha telling them what they should do. The entire point is they should be able to choose what LEGAL procedure is best for them.

I'm sure you mean well but you come across as a bit of a zealot on this issue.
MANY abortions save the life of the mother? Hogwash! Well over 99% of all abortions are "convenience" abortions.

And stop being so condescending with your "some concerned dude from Omaha" comments, and the like.

I also find it interesting that you have completely failed to address even ONE of the problems post-abortive women face.
Not one. Ignoring the horrors won't make them go away.

But you're free to go on with your head in the sand, wrongly believing that abortion is really a good thing - either for the slaughtered baby OR the woman.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:44 PM

Never said it was a good thing. I said it was a legal thing, that should be available to those that choose it as the best choice for their situation.

I will not say it always bad, or always good. That is what you are doing. By saying it is always bad you are not being honest. Just like I would not be honest if I said it was always good.

By the way, did you know 75% of all statistics are made up right on the spot?

I appreciate your vigor, I just think you are not looking at the whole picture.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Never said it was a good thing. I said it was a legal thing, that should be available to those that choose it as the best choice for their situation.

I will not say it always bad, or always good. That is what you are doing. By saying it is always bad you are not being honest. Just like I would not be honest if I said it was always good.

By the way, did you know 75% of all statistics are made up right on the spot?

I appreciate your vigor, I just think you are not looking at the whole picture.
And yet again you cannot bring yourself to address even one of the abortion problems that have been raised. Not one. Instead you make a condescending little comment about making up statistics right on the spot.

THIS is what is called intellectual dishonesty, willful ignorance, and knowingly turning a blind eye to horrors in our back yard.

Congratulations. But can you even bring yourself to address any of the real issues? Or are you going to continue to simply put your hands over your ears and yell, "Lalalalalalalalala!!!!"?

Old 07-10-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
And yet again you cannot bring yourself to address even one of the abortion problems that have been raised. Not one. Instead you make a condescending little comment about making up statistics right on the spot.

THIS is what is called intellectual dishonesty, willful ignorance, and knowingly turning a blind eye to horrors in our back yard.

Congratulations. But can you even bring yourself to address any of the real issues? Or are you going to continue to simply put your hands over your ears and yell, "Lalalalalalalalala!!!!"?

I look forward to talking to you about other topics.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:54 PM

81 posts, read 159,685 times
lol Thank You Omaha Rocks. You have filled my daily quota of fringe lunacy in only about 5 minutes.

IMHO I thing Dr. Carhart, who has gone through incredible diversity so he can perform these LEGAL procedures, deserves at least a thank you.

Oh and when are they going to get rid of the billboards that talk about aborted future Husker fans. OMG!

Old 07-10-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemarehippy View Post
lol Thank You Omaha Rocks. You have filled my daily quota of fringe lunacy in only about 5 minutes.

IMHO I thing Dr. Carhart, who has gone through incredible diversity so he can perform these LEGAL procedures, deserves at least a thank you.

Oh and when are they going to get rid of the billboards that talk about aborted future Husker fans. OMG!

Oh wow. I haven't seen those yet. I hope I don't because I'll probably jerk the wheel into a bridge embuttment.

Besides statistically speaking those most likely to be aborted are also those most likely to be criminals.

So I guess that would make them Husker players huh?

Last edited by dsrich98; 07-10-2009 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: added joy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
View detailed profiles of: