Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2009, 12:37 PM

14 posts, read 39,258 times

Advertisements

I would like to inquire about the race tracks located at both Stuart, and Atkinson, Nebraska.

What I am looking for is a description of the tracks, such as are they Motocross, oval track, etc, as well as, how they were established, for instance by a vote of the citizens of the communites?

All information will be appreciated, including when they race, just on weekends, when etc.

Thank you very much, I appreciate you efforts.

richard68874
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 07:24 AM

79 posts, read 205,480 times
Hey Richard, you related or in business with the track folks in Sargent? Seems to be a hot topic in Sargent but more about how it was brought about by certain folks.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:11 PM

No Keltec:

I am one of those who had the race track in Sargent shoved down our throats by our city government.

I have taken issue with the entire matter up to and including our State Senator, who pointed out Sturat Nebraska's race track, in her response, as somesort of a model. So I am attempting to find out more information about their race track so I can again approach the Senator.

Who knows, the race track in Stuart may even be linked directly to our State Senator, inasmuch as it is her back yard, so to speak.

If you have looked at the website I mentioned before you can see it is ceratinly not a very pretty picture being painted about the city of Sargent. But that is the way that it is here.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:52 PM

79 posts, read 205,480 times
Default Stuart racetrack

I wasn't sure about which end of the argument had you going. I am amazed of how a few have taken total control of Sargent and it's tax money and pretty much every other aspect of daily life. Sooner or later they will crumble because it appears several people are willing to take the matter as far as it needs to go legal wise.

As for Stuart's racetrack, I grew up going there in summertime as a kid. My uncle was a good friend of the Swansons who pretty much ruled that track for a long long time with his racing skills. As to who owns the track there, I have no idea at all. I would start at City Hall in Stuart and check the public records since they will show who owns the track. Boy that sure brings back memories of my youth up along Hwy 20 and points west of Atkinson. My family was in Rock County but we had friends from Atkinson to Gordon down to Alliance and all points inbetween. Most of my youth was on a sandhills ranch south of Johnstown, until I married a gal from Valentine.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:27 AM

Thanks Keltec for the info, it is very much appreciated. Yes the city of Sargent is in and has been in searious trouble for quite some time, but it is being worked on, I have been devoted towards cleaning the matter up now for 10 months, and others are now begining to see and understand what has been going on. Hopefuly the process continues, we shall see.

Thanks again Keltec;
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska