U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 12:35 PM

161 posts, read 554,949 times

Advertisements

I am strongly considering Lincoln as a city I would like to transfer to so that I will be in between the people I visit most. I work for Target and they can get me transferred to just about anywhere.

I know Lincoln has 3 stores. I think one of the South stores is a Super Target. I have only been in the older store near 48th and Vine.

So what can you tell me about each store as I try to decide which one to choose. Which store is busiest? Which store seems nicest/friendliest? Does one seem to be run better than the others? What are the surrounding areas and other shopping nearby like? Which one has the most apartments nearby?

I'm just looking for a little local insight.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 01:26 PM

4,231 posts, read 7,242,465 times
My favorite TARGET store in Lincoln is the one on S 40th and Yankee Hill Road(?). I guess it is called a SUPER TARGET because it has groceries plus everything else. It is NOT open 24/7 though like the Super Wal/Marts. It is a nice clean (new) store. Located in one of the newer parts of Lincoln. There are some nice rentals within just four or five blocks but they may be a bit pricey unless your job is in management. The closest theater complex would be about two miles away at the Southpoint Mall on 27th st and Pine Lake Road. There are several nice sit down restaurants within a two mile area and the usual fast food places. More upscale shoppers than the other TARGETS in Lincoln.
Another TARGET just off of Hwy 2 and 56th Street is NOT open 24/7. It is a lot busier than the one on 40th and YHRoad and I don't thin it has groceries, I'm not sure. It is in a small mall with a couple great restaurants and several fast food places. Some decent apartments within a few blocks. More affordable neighborhood than 40th & YHRoad probably but noisier and more traffic. Still not bad. A small theater complex in the Mall with maybe six screens. A more Blue Collar shopping base.
The 48th and Vine Store is close to what the Hwy2 & 56th street store is.
If you are single any of the stores would be in a great location with the 48th and Vine being a bit closer to the downtown action.

If you are married with kids I think the store on 40th and YHRoad would probably be more desirable from a schools standpoint. Any of the three are OK though. If you have a car Lincoln is easy to get around in anywhere except on football Saturdays of rush hour. Even during rush hour it is very seldom more than a twenty minute drive clear across town.

GL2

Old 08-27-2009, 03:01 PM

704 posts, read 1,613,889 times
My wife used to be the guest service ETL at the 48th street store. It is actually the busiest of the three. More diversity and students at this store. The 56th street store is kind of like a ghost town compared to the 48th st one. 56th st is actually in the sights to be "relocated" eventually. So it will probably close sometime in the future, could be a year, could be 10 years.

My wife loved working for Target at the 48th st location. It seemed to be ran better than the Yankee hill location. Yankee Hill was really high turnover as of 1-1.5 years ago.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:43 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,862,957 times
OMG I love the Super Target in south Lincoln. I just wish it wasn't so far away from everything. It's so new and clean. I mostly see housewives shopping there during the day. The one on 56th is ghetto and needs remodeling. And the one on 48th is where most people go, including the UNL students. It's too crowded for me - I can never find a parking spot.

I would definitely rather work at the Super Target on Yankee Hill. It's in a new area that's still being developed, and it's pretty quiet down there. The people are friendly to me, and it's always CLEAN.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:07 PM

15 posts, read 36,491 times
Default Best target

Definitely the South Target! Best part of town to be in. Then 56th Street, 48th Street last.

But nowhere in Lincoln is a "bad" part of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska