U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 10:32 AM

226 posts, read 233,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekZD View Post
I'm sorry?
I tried to reply to your original post yesterday but then it was 'cyber-erased' so I'll try again. You are a new immigrant but "have never lived in Texas." Perhaps many Americans are paranoiacs vs Texas due to its' SIZE? Texas (or Tejas) believes as a state they still rule the minds of the rest of us as most recently seen by their elected officials wanting to "overturn the electoral college vote" albeit they are a red state and TRUMP won it. The People have answered with their votes! Someday (I hope) in my lifetime or yours the "electoral college" will be abolished and our President will be elected by a straight "popular vote of the People?" THEN all this 'childish bickering' will not be necessary.

The flag? As has been said many times "a symbol." Those citizens WHO wrap themselves in the flag and wear it in their fashions are not "very patriotic" or in your "eyes TRUE AMERICANS." Some may be but most are hypocrites, but another label passed around (but historical) are 'fascists.' Please learn where fascism evolves from: the middle class.

A phrase I heard in college years ago: "my values are not your values." Unfortunately we are a deeply polarized nation and it will take decades or a renewed civil war to change any of that? Be safe and healthy in 2021. Thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 10:38 AM

226 posts, read 233,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
I do not know why people from all over the states of the American Union complain of Texas and Texans. I was not born in USA. I am American very legally by naturalization since many years ago. Never been in Texas. I HAVE NO PROBLEM with Texans. Actually one of my very few friends in USA is a Texan guy from Houston. We know each other for 15 years. A very sincere and genuine American, very patriotic, and to my eyes a TRUE AMERICAN that I would love to see many of them like him in California, New York, Chicago, Seattle, and many other areas of this beloved Nation where is a risk to display and American flag because might be offensive for many people.
I'm sorry. My above post needed to be directed to "Angel Calzadilla" and NOT AlekZD. Happy 2021.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska