U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 02:19 PM

305 posts, read 622,551 times

Advertisements

"Nevada captured the top spot for joblessness in May, pushing Michigan out of a position it had held for more than four years."

"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said the news highlights the need for Nevada to move away from its reliance on consumer spending and construction."

Nevada's unemployment rate tops in nation - Business - ReviewJournal.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 02:54 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,095,867 times
One thing I dislike about summers in Vegas is that the heat brings out the cockroaches.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:54 PM

3,730 posts, read 5,893,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEPNYC View Post
"Nevada captured the top spot for joblessness in May, pushing Michigan out of a position it had held for more than four years."

"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said the news highlights the need for Nevada to move away from its reliance on consumer spending and construction."

You shouldn't have bothered Shep, no one pays attention to whatever negative article you can find...cause they still keep movin' here

Old 06-18-2010, 06:52 PM

2,093 posts, read 2,217,627 times
Quote:

I attribute it to the increasing amount of mexican's standing in front of home depot that have fled Arizona.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:48 PM

4,023 posts, read 4,196,858 times
Quote:

It's sad for this wonderful state....Harry Reid will lose in November...

Old 06-19-2010, 08:28 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,525,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
It's sad for this wonderful state....Harry Reid will lose in November...
Unemployed people dont vote for Republicans. These same Republicans are honestly trying to tell these unemployed people that the best way out of all this is to give the rich and corporations tax cuts. Even Herbert Hoover didnt have the balls to advocate tax cuts for the rich during the Depression.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:56 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,354,115 times
Hoover may not have recommend tax cuts but the current President said 'I won't raise taxes a dime'. He said this many, many times. Maybe he meant he wouldn't raise taxes a dime if his healthcare plan didn't pass and cap-n-trade was shot down?

Old 06-20-2010, 06:48 AM

4,023 posts, read 4,196,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbius View Post
Unemployed people dont vote for Republicans. These same Republicans are honestly trying to tell these unemployed people that the best way out of all this is to give the rich and corporations tax cuts. Even Herbert Hoover didnt have the balls to advocate tax cuts for the rich during the Depression.
These people will be angry to lose their jobs..I don't hate democrats but honestly it's not a good year for them, and Sharon Angle is ahead Harry Reid in polls, rather normal anyway.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:08 PM
NSX

865 posts, read 1,143,343 times
Funny to see this thread, being that I'll be moving to Nevada from Michigan in a couple of years. I feel for people out there, many well-eductated/experienced people are having a horrible time finding a job and companies are still performing mass layoffs. I can't imagine state worse than here.

I'll still be glad to move to Nevada since I work remotely. Lake Tahoe and the Lake Mead area are the nicest areas of the country in my opinion, you all have a beautiful state

Old 07-19-2010, 11:15 PM

4 posts, read 3,489 times
I'm a bit off topic, but concerning state revenues, it seems like Yucca Mountain would have been a great source of income. It's not tied to vacationing hipsters, medicare recipients blasting through their SS checks, or the president's well-thought-out comments. The test site is so damn hot they can't remove the abandoned telephone poles. We're more at risk of breathing the dust blowing down from there than having the groundwater contaminated from controlled storage. It's not like the contamination from 40+ years of above/underground nuclear explosions just went away one day. I never bought off on the chicken little speeches about driving nuke waste through my neighborhood since they could have easily worked a deal for a rail or a special highway to bypass the cities. It sure does make for good campaign'in though. Get some boxes, Harry, it's time to vacate your office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada