U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 12:27 AM

3 posts, read 11,719 times

Advertisements

Hello all! My company transferred me out here so my boyfriend picked up his life and came with me. He had an incredible job oppportunity working in car sales but ended up not being hirable for having too many points on his colorado driving license (2 speeding tickets and 1 failure to stop) as they could not insure him. Someone told him when he gets his NV license the slate will be wiped clean since they were minor traffic offenses. We've done some research online and called the nevada and colorado DMVs but cannot get a straight answer. Does anyone know the answer to this? I hate to see him get his hopes up for nothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 12:41 AM

367 posts, read 950,392 times
I'd say no, slate will not be wiped clean. I had a speeding ticket in Ohio, and a "accident" in California - no damages but alas still in the records as an accident. I was insured with Geico, lived in CA.
So, at first I got great NV/Vegas rates with State Farm and went with them instead. Then a month later they dropped me because the accident and speeding had registered with them - even though I told them in advance when getting my rate.
Apparently CA has some obscure rules on making this info available when insured there... so I had to pick up insurance at double rate, and then it will drop 3 yrs after the date of my incidents.

The sum is, though, that you're not going to get old sins forgotten with a new license. Or at least, I did not. It is possible that other insurance companies look at things differently though. It seems the issue for your bf is insurance so stop calling DMV, call the insurance companies instead.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:55 AM

11,980 posts, read 23,473,034 times
this is a odd situation... when i first received my nv license, i applied to be a cab driver (never took the position that was offered).. they required a 3yr bmv check (i already had the nv license).. the bmv showed up clean.. However when obtaining car insurance, my Ohio tickets were there.. so in my opinion.. his tickets are going to show up....

Old 09-22-2010, 01:20 AM

5,070 posts, read 9,061,772 times
All 50 states reciprocate on this. They might be slow to do it, but eventually whatever points you have will show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or