U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 11:21 PM

404 posts, read 1,009,691 times

Advertisements

Outback, NV--who appointed you as the spokesperson from Nevada? I, too, am a Nevadan, and I proudly support Harry Reid! Go Harry!

Old 10-17-2010, 11:53 PM

3,083 posts, read 3,428,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfitt View Post
Outback, NV--who appointed you as the spokesperson from Nevada? I, too, am a Nevadan, and I proudly support Harry Reid! Go Harry!
Where did I claim to speak for all of Nevada?

Old 10-18-2010, 12:50 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,164,246 times
I'm still thrown off by ANGLE's viewpoint that girls who get raped by men must keep the baby because God INTENDED them to be raped. Hope she doesn't intend to criminalize rape victims for being raped as well.

Does it sometimes seem that America's rightwing praty have way too much in common with the Taliban? God intended men to rape? Really? Not in my version of America.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:31 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,395,305 times
I'd like to vote Harry Reid right out of office, but won't be voting for the devil incarnate Angle. She's evil. It's said that our choices are between these two.

Reid is my kind of Crook I guess. That American politics for you.

At least Jim Gibbons won't be back and I think we all agree on that.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:06 PM

56 posts, read 95,583 times
Some time ago I went through all the various projects that Harry Reid was able to find the funding for, for Nevada. Much of the infrastructure that has been built in the past 20 years in Nevada that had any federal money, came from his efforts. Those efforts continue. So, Nevadans, shoot your selves in the foot, and vote for Angle.

Or,

use common sense.

I do find it odd that someone would call themselves Outback Nevada, but would not understand that much of the best of the Outback in Nevada has been preserved for OutbackNevada's enjoyment by,,, Harry Reid

Old 10-19-2010, 07:16 PM

15,945 posts, read 36,164,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highnlite. View Post
Some time ago I went through all the various projects that Harry Reid was able to find the funding for, for Nevada. Much of the infrastructure that has been built in the past 20 years in Nevada that had any federal money, came from his efforts. Those efforts continue. So, Nevadans, shoot your selves in the foot, and vote for Angle.

Or,

use common sense.

I do find it odd that someone would call themselves Outback Nevada, but would not understand that much of the best of the Outback in Nevada has been preserved for OutbackNevada's enjoyment by,,, Harry Reid
Well-said!

Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 PM

404 posts, read 1,009,691 times
Quote:

Or,

use common sense.

I totally agree and that is why the good Senator has this Nevadan's vote!

Old 10-20-2010, 07:05 AM

One reason why folks in "real" Nevada are mad at Harry is that he is opposed to two huge coal fired plants proposed for interior Nevada. These "real" Nevadans think that the plants would bring jobs, which they undoubtedly would. Along with millions of tons of emissions fouling the pristine air of "real" Nevada and affecting the health of those living down wind.

I assume that outbacknv loves that pristine air in the outback of NV, so, he really should be supporting Harry, who has his eye on the post carbon burning age and the clean jobs that will bring for Nevada. In addition to preserving the wild landscapes of Nevada for our posterity.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:37 AM

789 posts, read 1,550,882 times
Quote:

Or,

use common sense.

Well, I guess I shot myself in the foot because I voted for Angle the other day. It's been well-documented what Reid has done both locally and nationally, so no need to rehash everything here. Is she my ideal candidate? No, but my number one priority is getting our financial house in order, and she best represents that view. Reid continues to support an agenda that will lead our country to financial ruin. We are on path that will lead us to the civil unrest we are witnessing in various parts of Europe. We simply have to have an adult conversation about what this country can and cannot afford, something he does not want to do. All of the great things Reid may do for NV will mean nothing if the country as a whole continues it's downward spiral.

One other thing. I always get a chuckle on these kind of discussions. They're fun to participate in, but I seriously doubt anyone would come to this or any other anonymous internet forum to gather election information. And those that do should have their head examined. Opinions won't be changed, and the dialog here is more entertainment in value than informational.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
We simply have to have an adult conversation about what this country can and cannot afford, something he does not want to do. All of the great things Reid may do for NV will mean nothing if the country as a whole continues it's downward spiral.
Ok, our deficit is about 80% of our gnp, after WW2 it was 120%, no one whined then, they realized that the deficit was necessary to defeat fascism.

And, the deficit was cured within 6 years without social disruption.

Those who think we are on the road to ruin? Keep buying Beck's gold. PT Barnum was right.

did you notice your Federal income tax went down under Obama?

Bet you didn't, but it did.

The only reason the teabaggers are in the spotlight is because they can whine much better than the Democrats can explain.

Heck, I think it would be funny, in a tragic way if the teabaggers took control of the country, It would be a train wreck worth watching, almost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or