U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for? (Residents only please)
Harry Reid 35 46.67%
Sharon Angle 23 30.67%
Bugs Bunny 5 6.67%
None of the above or not voting 12 16.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 09:08 PM

12,686 posts, read 31,882,717 times

Advertisements

I don't like to get involved on here in politics too much, but what good is Reid's power if he only uses it for Reid, never for Nevada? We have to get him out of there sometime, so why wait another six years? Think of the damage he could do in that time. Having an ineffective Senator might be better than one that sc*ews the whole country. The thing is, she isn't stupid, and she'll learn the ropes. Since I know for a fact that she is being lied about, and Reid knows the lie, I have to lean toward her. I know, I know. They are all lying, but this one really PO'd me about the prisoners getting massages. There is no massage involved, the program actually cures drug abuse, and it does not just push it aside until it pops up again. Do they not want prisoner's to get off drugs when drug abuse is the number one cause of recidivism? In prisons where the program has been used for years, recidivism has dropped dramatically.

Mainly, although I've always registered as a Democrat, I've never liked "Mr. Clean".

Old 10-21-2010, 09:25 PM

88 posts, read 234,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
well whoever you choose.. just vote.. even if you think it is a waste.. it isn't!
Why? If someone is uninformed do we really want them voting? If they make a poor decision then wouldn't we have been better off if they had stayed home on election day? I'm really not a fan of the get out and vote movement. The only people who should be voting are the people who care enough to actually research the candidates. Far too many people make their choice based on faulty information. I encourage people not to vote if they are not really interested.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:36 PM

15,945 posts, read 36,144,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontfred View Post
Why? If someone is uninformed do we really want them voting? If they make a poor decision then wouldn't we have been better off if they had stayed home on election day? I'm really not a fan of the get out and vote movement. The only people who should be voting are the people who care enough to actually research the candidates. Far too many people make their choice based on faulty information. I encourage people not to vote if they are not really interested.
lol. I was thinking the same thing

But if airics means to go out and vote for the candidate you support, I'm for that. This election is actually quite critical for Nevada.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:45 PM

17,372 posts, read 21,218,356 times
I told a Democratic Party door-to-door campaigner two weeks ago: If you leave just one message on my cell phone, I'll vote for his opponent. See that mail box! Use it, or lose it!

Well, last week a recorded message bearing Obama's voice was on my cellphone, telling me to get out an vote for Reid.

I voted yesterday. I stick to my promises, even tho' I can't stand that woman! Done!

Next time, listen more carefully to my instructions!

Voting for judges is a piece of cake for me. Well-proven, women judges pass out stricter, longer sentences than men. For that reason, I vote for every male judge!

Who knows! Any of us may be standing before a judge some day!

Last edited by tijlover; 10-21-2010 at 09:46 PM.. Reason: spellcheck

Old 10-22-2010, 12:58 AM

404 posts, read 1,009,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I told a Democratic Party door-to-door campaigner two weeks ago: If you leave just one message on my cell phone, I'll vote for his opponent. See that mail box! Use it, or lose it!

Well, last week a recorded message bearing Obama's voice was on my cellphone, telling me to get out an vote for Reid.

I voted yesterday. I stick to my promises, even tho' I can't stand that woman! Done!

Next time, listen more carefully to my instructions!

Voting for judges is a piece of cake for me. Well-proven, women judges pass out stricter, longer sentences than men. For that reason, I vote for every male judge!

Who knows! Any of us may be standing before a judge some day!
OMG---you actually voted for someone based on receiving a phone call? You are just the type of voter Angle wants--

Old 10-22-2010, 02:07 AM

2,502 posts, read 8,047,258 times
The best part about November 2nd, no matter who you vote for? No more awful commercials.

I.can't.wait.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:58 PM

30 posts, read 126,796 times
I've been reading the forum here because I'm interested in moving to Vegas from La. so I make no pretense about already being a resident. I do however want to point out that when you vote you have to ask yourself, "Do I want to keep the current party in Washington in power? Do I approve the changes they've made and will make?"

Just a few weeks ago the current party claimed they would stay in power because "every election is local." So if they can each keep their home state focused on local issues then they might pull through even though every poll shows the country as a whole wants them out of Wash. (Try to find a poll that says otherwise.)

So if you are happy with the current Congress, fine. If not, now is your chance to do something about it.

I'm just sayin....

Old 10-22-2010, 03:39 PM

788 posts, read 1,549,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
.....If you leave just one message on my cell phone, I'll vote for his opponent. See that mail box! Use it, or lose it!

Well, last week a recorded message bearing Obama's voice was on my cellphone, telling me to get out an vote for Reid....
Re-register to vote and do not list your phone number on the form.

EDIT: Also, if you ever donate to a candidate or party, you will be hounded for life to give again. To eliminate this, do not provide them with a phone number.

We get all of the political junk mail, but never get any dinner-time "vote for me" phone calls.

Last edited by Trash Can; 10-22-2010 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: Additional info

Old 10-22-2010, 05:31 PM

15,756 posts, read 33,409,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Can View Post
Re-register to vote and do not list your phone number on the form.

EDIT: Also, if you ever donate to a candidate or party, you will be hounded for life to give again. To eliminate this, do not provide them with a phone number.

We get all of the political junk mail, but never get any dinner-time "vote for me" phone calls.
I have a straight POT that is not on the do not call list but has never been used for anything...It gets called by everybody. It is listed against our address.

But our regular line which is do not call is not called very often.

So they obviously are calling against exchange numbers and perhaps addresses. Do not call provides some protection. All political parties and such get our fax number...

Old 10-22-2010, 07:00 PM

788 posts, read 1,549,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I have a straight POT that is not on the do not call list but has never been used for anything...It gets called by everybody. It is listed against our address.

But our regular line which is do not call is not called very often.

So they obviously are calling against exchange numbers and perhaps addresses. Do not call provides some protection. All political parties and such get our fax number...
I don't know what to tell you, olecapt.

We have an unlisted number that's on the do not call list. We did not provide a number when we registered to vote, which is a source for the political parties get your number. The only political call we received this year was for someone who doesn't live here. Nothing other than that. The politicians exempted themselves from the do not call list. Imagine that.

A little off topic here, but some may want to check out Google Voice. It's a FREE service that forwards calls to your home and/or mobile phone, or anyway you see fit. Lots of different ways to use it, but having it as a "disposable" number may be a good option for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada