U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-04-2011, 09:30 PM

17 posts, read 55,093 times
love nevada but have to leave due to the states current economy as someone who once worked for the state now working a minimum wage job not able to support myself. I was born and raised here and will miss it with all my heart please take the states situation in to account before attempting to move here.....
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 01:02 PM

148 posts, read 194,115 times
Sorry for the late reply everyone!

I've been so busy and what not lately but I just wanted to show Nevada some love again. The desert is where my heart is and I do hope you people that live out there enjoy what you've got.

I hope to travel back there sometime soon. I just find the entire southwest to be such a fascinating place and it's just so different from the entire east coast. I will admit I will miss the beaches though! We'll see how things work out as the economy slowly recovers. I understand Nevada is towards the bottom of the bracket in regards to recovery and was one of the hardest hit sectors with foreclosures and job loss. Unemployment in Virginia is only like 8% if not lower at this point compared to you guys so the prospects may have to improve a bit more if I forsee myself having a higher chance of eventually moving.

Anyways, enjoy your desert everyone!

Old 04-09-2011, 01:30 PM

6,814 posts, read 3,457,835 times
Nice post, Upsilon.

I'm a fan of Nevada, too. I must like it, I've donated plenty to the economy over the years. The appreciation has been reciprocated from you fine people, too ... usually a Golden Cadillac, or a Screwdriver, maybe a Midori Sour, or a Bloody Mary.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:56 PM

26 posts, read 129,550 times
Nice Posts, everyone!!!

I have to agree with Upsilon even though I don't live in Nevada. I want to move to Nevada some day and I have hard time finding GPS/GIS job in Iowa where I live right now. I did interviewed three times at Clark County Government Services in Las Vegas for GIS Technician jobs. Average number of applications per GIS job is around 30 to 40. Hard to get!

Hint: I am wearing Nevada shirt today to show my love to that state!

It is the scenic and beauty of the state and I always love to drive around. One day if I finally want to move into your state, I would like to live in Southern Nevada outside of Las Vegas like Mesquite, Logandale, Overton, Moapa or other communties along on I-15.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:54 PM

3,731 posts, read 5,635,322 times
What a lot of people don't realize is that Nevada has something for everybody. Everyone thinks of Las Vegas when you say "Nevada" but the state is really so much more.

You can enjoy the crowded craziness of the Strip in Las Vegas, the city-like environment of Las Vegas, the small town places like Minden or Gardnerville, the Alpine beauty of Lake Tahoe or the wide open desert wilderness, rural and natural, undisturbed for eons.

Mini-vacations away from the So. Nevada hub-bub to parts unknown upstate are always a favorite of mine, exploring as much as we can along the way and enjoying the terrain in all its glory. We've also met some incredibly wonderful people over the years of our travelling within our own state, too!

Nevada is such a lovely place!

Last edited by MomMom; 04-19-2011 at 04:03 PM..

Old 04-19-2011, 05:42 PM

228 posts, read 396,520 times
Nevada is a very beautiful state. It's not just Vegas, or the strip, or hot weather. There are alot of pretty areas that if you didn't tell anyone it was Nevada, they would think it's a whole different part of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada