U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-09-2011, 11:48 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,230,620 times

Advertisements

I bought an old aluminum boat and trailer from a guy who was moving to FL. I don't even know how to contact him now.
I am looking at the NV title for the trailer and I am not sure he signed off on the right place.
He signed the front of the title and had us fill out the back for the new owner's information.
I also see a place for a seller to sign on the back where we put our names in as a buyer.
Was the front of the title the right place for him to sign the title over to us?
I am confused looking at the NV title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 09:49 AM

17 posts, read 57,316 times
there should be a place on the back of the title where he signs off if he signed in the wrong spot you will have to hunt him down get the title notarized with you and him present either at the DMV or a notary I had a simaliar experience with a horse trailer i sold a few years ago....
just sayin

Old 01-17-2011, 02:18 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,230,620 times
Thanks, but I finally gave up trying to get an answer and I called a NV DMV office for information.
In NV they sign on the front of the title. And they went into volumes about how we screwed up by filling out the first box on the back of the form. Note that the seller had us do that otherwise we were not getting the boat and trailer.
He had us fill the back of the title out as buyers which was also wrong. If we had read the side of that box it said "dealers only" and we would have know.
As it was AZ they could have cared less about anything but that his signature was where it belonged as the NV title became trash anyway.
Oh well, all fixed now and it's titled in AZ in our names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada