U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-28-2011, 12:35 AM
 
661 posts, read 1,013,985 times
Reputation: 135

Advertisements

I always liked playing pick 3 and Keno, but I was surprised at finding out Nevada does not have a state lottery. Does the casinos have better options then? I heard there was a Keno game that starts at $5 million? A five number game?

 
Old 01-28-2011, 12:55 AM
 
Location: The North
5,083 posts, read 9,102,570 times
Reputation: 4061
Why not just choose your keno game at any casino? Odds are crappy, but as good or better than most lottery games I would think. The large jackpot game you mention is called Nevada Numbers and you buy tickets through casino locations.

Every two years people make noise about starting a state lottery just to piggyback off of big out of state prizes. When the prizes get huge, lots of people will drive out to the California state line to buy tickets hence the idea the state should get a share of that revenue. Needless to say the casino interests put an end to these discussions quickly.
 
Old 01-29-2011, 01:15 AM
 
661 posts, read 1,013,985 times
Reputation: 135
oh right. why didn't I think of crossing state line to buy the lottery. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Why not just choose your keno game at any casino? Odds are crappy, but as good or better than most lottery games I would think. The large jackpot game you mention is called Nevada Numbers and you buy tickets through casino locations.

Every two years people make noise about starting a state lottery just to piggyback off of big out of state prizes. When the prizes get huge, lots of people will drive out to the California state line to buy tickets hence the idea the state should get a share of that revenue. Needless to say the casino interests put an end to these discussions quickly.
 
Old 01-29-2011, 02:10 AM
 
Location: Macao
15,951 posts, read 36,191,166 times
Reputation: 9484
I imagine there are a few choices between California, Arizona and Utah...thinking of state lines
 
Old 01-29-2011, 08:55 AM
 
401 posts, read 1,339,781 times
Reputation: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I imagine there are a few choices between California, Arizona and Utah...thinking of state lines
Well, not Utah (no lottery), but you got Idaho on the north. Oregon too, but I don't know if they have lottery or not.
 
Old 01-29-2011, 10:21 AM
 
1,009 posts, read 3,638,034 times
Reputation: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealfa View Post
I heard there was a Keno game that starts at $5 million? A five number game?
"Nevada Numbers was discontinued on March 31, 2009" . . source

Beaver Dam Station, adjacent to Interstate 15 in the Northwest corner of Arizona, sells A LOT of Powerball and MegaMillions lottery tickets to Nevada and Utah residents . . related article.
 
Old 01-29-2011, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Macao
15,951 posts, read 36,191,166 times
Reputation: 9484
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
"Nevada Numbers was discontinued on March 31, 2009" . . source

Beaver Dam Station, adjacent to Interstate 15 in the Northwest corner of Arizona, sells A LOT of Powerball and MegaMillions lottery tickets to Nevada and Utah residents . . related article.
I wonder if anyone has 'hit' there. It seems like there could be an incentive NOT to send winning ones that way.....because money goes out-of-state.

If it's even possible to organize in such a fashion, anyways.
 
Old 02-18-2011, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Sin City
735 posts, read 1,449,087 times
Reputation: 594
The parking lot for the shopping outlet in Primm NV. stretches over the state line, where there is a liquor store. That store sells more California lotto tickets than any other.
 
Old 02-18-2011, 02:40 PM
 
1,477 posts, read 4,146,828 times
Reputation: 964
Live in Vegas don't gamble casinos, but would play the lottery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:46 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top