Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 09:46 AM

89 posts, read 224,570 times

Advertisements

Appreciate some answers from folks who live in Pahrump Nevada ..

1-Where does this city and surrounding areas get its water from ? And If it is plentiful or not all year long ?

2- Whats the highs and lows of the weather durring the summer and winter ?

3- Do you get wind there and if so how much?

4- Whats the Electicity cost per killowatt ?

5- Do you have to travel to Las Vegas to buy groceries and home products to save high any costs from Pahrump prices?

6- I would like to know the pros and cons of living in Pahrump or the surrounding area close by ..

7- Whats your experinces on buidling permits in this area as to hard to deal with the country and city or not? Pertaining to additions of rooms, baths , patios, porches ,, also shop buidings on same property?

8- Whats the highways like going to Las Vegas and also to Los Angles as for travel from Pahrump..?

thanks for any replies concerning my questions ..

Heres wishing you a nice day,, Oregon Trail Lawrence

Last edited by Oregon Trail; 10-31-2010 at 11:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 09:50 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,389,201 times
just curious...is a relocationing more like vacationing...or relocating?

Old 10-31-2010, 10:08 AM

Sorry about the misspelling of "Relocating" ,,I corrected it ,,thx jfkIII

Last edited by Oregon Trail; 10-31-2010 at 10:26 AM..

Old 11-01-2010, 09:50 AM

1,408 posts, read 3,303,486 times
Your questions are too realtor specific or need to be answered by a someone living in Pahrump. You seem to have put a great deal of thought into this area and I can only hope you have visited it. It really is a sharp contrast to LV and is a very rural, rough area.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:04 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,609,386 times
Pahrump to Las Vegas:
Time: 1 hour 11 mins
Highway: NV-160 W
Miles: 58.0 mi

Old 11-01-2010, 01:41 PM

990 posts, read 1,645,600 times
Weather History for Pahrump, Nevada

Weather history of Parumph, NV going back to 1946.

http://www.desertusa.com/Cities/nv/pahrump.html

Monthly high and low averages.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:47 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,389,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Trail View Post
6- I would like to know the pros and cons of living in Pahrump or the surrounding area close by ..
pros = ho's
cons = ex-cons

Old 11-01-2010, 01:53 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,047,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Trail View Post
Appreciate some answers from folks who live in Pahrump Nevada ..

1-Where does this city and surrounding areas get its water from ? And If it is plentiful or not all year long ?
Aquifer...you get a disclosure when you buy in Pahrump to drill deep...The aquifer drops a couple of feet per year.

Quote:
2- Whats the highs and lows of the weather durring the summer and winter ?
A lttle cooler than Vegas. You can get the monthly number from weatherundergrough or such

Quote:
3- Do you get wind there and if so how much?
The wind blows in the desert...lots. Dust is a way of life.

Quote:
4- Whats the Electicity cost per killowatt ?
11 cents

Quote:
5- Do you have to travel to Las Vegas to buy groceries and home products to save high any costs from Pahrump prices?
Mostly not. You will find more specialty stores and discount stores in Vegas than in Pahrump.

Quote:
It is libertarian...cowboy...a little redneck. Very feisty place. Refuses to incorporate - even though that leaves the place run out of Tonopah a 100 miles away.

Quote:
7- Whats your experinces on buidling permits in this area as to hard to deal with the country and city or not? Pertaining to additions of rooms, baths , patios, porches ,, also shop buidings on same property?
very permissive. Get away with virtually anything in Pahrump...note though that so can your neighbor...so a big parcel is nice.

Quote:
8- Whats the highways like going to Las Vegas and also to Los Angles as for travel from Pahrump..?
Good two lane highway to Vegas. Lesser two lanes to 15 to Los Angeles.

Some times get snow in the high passes on 160 to Vegas. Shuts down but rarely. .

Quote:
thanks for any replies concerning my questions ..

Heres wishing you a nice day,, Oregon Trail Lawrence
Chinga is our resident expert on Pahrump...drop her a DM is there is anything specific.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Your questions are too realtor specific or need to be answered by a someone living in Pahrump. You seem to have put a great deal of thought into this area and I can only hope you have visited it. It really is a sharp contrast to LV and is a very rural, rough area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Pahrump to Las Vegas:
Time: 1 hour 11 mins
Highway: NV-160 W
Miles: 58.0 mi
Yes,, you are correct and there is nothing like hearing it from ones who live there as you stated .. thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Weather History for Pahrump, Nevada

Weather history of Parumph, NV going back to 1946.

Not so sure the weather anywhere is repeating its self,,strange weather all over ,,but still good to see what it has been like thru the years..
Pahrump, Nevada - DesertUSA thx

Monthly high and low averages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
pros = ho's
cons = ex-cons You are funny ,,thx for the laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Aquifer...you get a disclosure when you buy in Pahrump to drill deep...The aquifer drops a couple of feet per year.

I have read this is what is happening all around Vegas, is this the same Aquifer or are there more than one ? I also read I think that it took a billion years to fill the Aquifer and now its getting drained down in the last 50 years of so .. is this anyways close to being correct ? thx to you also

A lttle cooler than Vegas. You can get the monthly number from weatherundergrough or such

The wind blows in the desert...lots. Dust is a way of life.

11 cents

Mostly not. You will find more specialty stores and discount stores in Vegas than in Pahrump.

It is libertarian...cowboy...a little redneck. Very feisty place. Refuses to incorporate - even though that leaves the place run out of Tonopah a 100 miles away.

very permissive. Get away with virtually anything in Pahrump...note though that so can your neighbor...so a big parcel is nice.

Good two lane highway to Vegas. Lesser two lanes to 15 to Los Angeles.

Some times get snow in the high passes on 160 to Vegas. Shuts down but rarely. .

Chinga is our resident expert on Pahrump...drop her a DM is there is anything specific.

thanks for the answering all my questions ,,If Chinga has more to say I would love to hear them..

My wifes relatives are driving to Pahreum in a couple weeks to look it over and get back to us on what they see .. They are thinking of maybe moving there and want the wife and me to do so also ..dryer and better for fibro myagia ?? thanks again from the Oregon Trail Lawrence

Old 11-22-2010, 12:40 PM

13 posts, read 56,744 times
All the negative stuff you hear about Pahrump comes from people who don't actually live here and simply have a negative impression of it. Most of it is bull. Yes, there are brothels... outside of the actual city limits. Yes, there are ex-cons and convicted sex offenders; but they are in every other town as well. Yes, there are country bars... just like everyplace else that has... um... white people.

Still, there a lot of bars that aren't country. We have an Irish pub, hip-hop dance clubs, sports bars, and several facilities that run regular teen events with no alcohol whatsoever. We have punk concerts and metal shows with live bands. There's an Italian restaurant where they have live jazz music during dinner. We don't just eat barbecue ribs & fried chicken. There's a tepenyaki restaurant, a Thai restaurant, a deli where they serve fresh sushi and quite a few other surprises if you look around. We have Democrats, believe it or not. Barack Obama came here to speak during the primaries, as did both the Clintons and they all packed in huge crowds. There are families, people who have never been convicted of any crimes, people who don't use drugs, and plenty of people who still have all their teeth and have never ridden a horse.

What most people who do not live here will tell you is that Pahrump is full of rednecks. That's just a stereotype leftover from who-knows-when. Right now, today, Pahrump is a much more diverse group of people than that, and anyone who tells you otherwise is just plain ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada