Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 04:28 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,516,151 times

Advertisements

Chain stores are rare out here. We have HD, Walmart, Albertsons, Smiths, Walgreens, CVS, Ahern Rentals, Family Dollar & brand new Goodwill Store. Produce at Walmart looks good at the store, but you better eat it fast, as it will turn within 24hrs of getting it home. Albertsons tends to have higher prices than the others. I prefer Smith's, not to mention every time you shop there you get a discount on gas.

We have almost all the chain fast food places, only Denny's as our chain restaurant. At some point this summer Tropical Smoothie will be opening.

As for rentals...they are everywhere. Drive thru the subdivisions & you will find rentals/for sale signs all over. It really depends on what you are looking for - do you want land? Do you want a house or a townhome? A stick built home or a single/double wide? Horse friendly property or no livestock allowed? We've got just about everything here, it's just a matter of finding what you want in your price range. If you need help finding a place, let me know
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 04:33 PM

Gawd [censored] them [censored] rabbits! We have cottontails & jack rabbits in my area, and those suckers eat my plants every chance they get!! I have 6 trees in my yard. I planted 2 red apple plants at the bottom of each tree this year. Everyone is doing fine, except the ones at the bottom of 1 tree. The rest have been nibbled on or not even touched, but this one location is apparently their FAVORITE snack bar. They couldn't eat the unwanted weeds? Nooooooo, they have to have the good stuff I'll be surprised if the red apple survives at this rate. Grumble grumble grumble
Attached Thumbnails
Nye County-dsc02624.jpg   Nye County-dsc02628.jpg  

Old 05-26-2013, 05:43 PM

64 posts, read 79,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
Chain stores are rare out here. We have HD, Walmart, Albertsons, Smiths, Walgreens, CVS, Ahern Rentals, Family Dollar & brand new Goodwill Store. Produce at Walmart looks good at the store, but you better eat it fast, as it will turn within 24hrs of getting it home. Albertsons tends to have higher prices than the others. I prefer Smith's, not to mention every time you shop there you get a discount on gas.

We have almost all the chain fast food places, only Denny's as our chain restaurant. At some point this summer Tropical Smoothie will be opening.

As for rentals...they are everywhere. Drive thru the subdivisions & you will find rentals/for sale signs all over. It really depends on what you are looking for - do you want land? Do you want a house or a townhome? A stick built home or a single/double wide? Horse friendly property or no livestock allowed? We've got just about everything here, it's just a matter of finding what you want in your price range. If you need help finding a place, let me know
Thank you for your response! I'm glad to hear there's a lot of rentals. I had checked a few of my usual websites where I find rentals, and the selection seemed very scarce - maybe there isn't much online advertisement. Most of what I saw online was kind of dumpy. Lots of apartments, mobile homes, and cheap looking houses in the $500-600 range. We're wanting something a bit nicer- $1000-$1200 monthly rent price range, definitely a house, fenced backyard, two car garage, not need for a lot of land but I would like a fenced in backyard for the dog and kid. Does it sound like this type will be hard to find? I've looked more into one of the neighborhoods you mentioned several pages back (Mountain Falls), and it looks really nice, so I'm going to definitely write that one down as a possibility.
Also, do you know anything about the schools in the area? I've got one that will be in elementary school.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:43 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
If you can squeeze up a little you can get 5500 SF on over 5 aqcres overlooking the whole valley for $1800

There are 4 others between $1000 and 1250 with 1500 to 2700SF.

These are from the mls. i am sure there is some local agent who does rentals.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:34 AM

thanks lvoc!

you should be able to find some descent homes with that kind of payment. mountain falls is quite large & only has about 1/3 of the lots actually developed - construction came to a screeching halt out here during the economic crash & is just barely starting to move again. there is a listing in this last friday's pvtimes classified section, for unfurnished houses:
Houses Unfurnished | Pahrump Valley Times

we have ~20 agencies here in town. i can't say one is better than the other, i prefer classic realty as they are the ones that sold me my house but to each their own. some webpages for you to look thru:

Classic Realty Pahrump Nevada - selling homes and land for your realestate needs and rental needs
Pahrump Nevada - Access Realty
Home Page (PaulaSellsPahrump.com)
Karen Schmidt
The Land Office II
Pahrump Real Estate, NV - Trish Rippie Realty

schools? i don't have kids, so i know little to nothing about our schools out here - which is why i haven't posted anything about them. mountain falls subdivision appears to be either in the hafen or floyd school district.
Nye County :: Welcome to the Nye County School District Website, Thank You for Visiting

Old 05-27-2013, 07:00 PM

64 posts, read 79,734 times
Are there any extended stay hotels or furnished apartment complexes in the area?

Old 05-27-2013, 10:57 PM

for hotels you have 3 choices (in order of preference): best western, the nugget, or saddle west.

furnished apartments are hard to find, but you can try the classifieds in the pvtimes. they will occasionally pop up there.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:27 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
Gawd [censored] them [censored] rabbits! We have cottontails & jack rabbits in my area, and those suckers eat my plants every chance they get!! I have 6 trees in my yard. I planted 2 red apple plants at the bottom of each tree this year. Everyone is doing fine, except the ones at the bottom of 1 tree. The rest have been nibbled on or not even touched, but this one location is apparently their FAVORITE snack bar. They couldn't eat the unwanted weeds? Nooooooo, they have to have the good stuff I'll be surprised if the red apple survives at this rate. Grumble grumble grumble
Now Now Elmer, Calm down......just shoot them Wascally Wabbits!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-31-2013, 09:48 PM

^^^o yea.....i'm sure my neighbors would LOVE to see me out there in my 'official' Fudd hunting outfit & popgun

here is one of our local celebrities - bambi. bambi can be found around town in the back of a pickup truck. she's been featured on peopleofwalmart website & our very own pvtimes:

Pahrump Valley Times - Nye County's Largest Newspaper Circulation

i'm not sure why the owner admitted to some of the things bambi does with him () ? she prefers coke over than pepsi, altho her favorite drink is gatorade. her favorite fast food restaurant is burger king & as you can see, all that junk food has ruined her girlish figure. i've seen the owner order a plate of food, eat some of it, go out to the truck, feed bambi off his plate, then bring the plate back into the restaurant & continue eating off the plate. to each their own
Attached Thumbnails
Nye County-dsc02703.jpg   Nye County-dsc02701.jpg   Nye County-dsc02702.jpg  

Old 05-31-2013, 11:18 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
^^^^^ THAT is what makes PAH RUMP interesting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada