Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 10:13 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I suggest you compare the property tax rates of CA and NV.

CA is 1% of assessed value

Most of Nevada is over 3%

You are talking about value, I am not. It would be silly to base a comparison of tax rates on value.

(I think you are wrong on your equivalent houses too, My guess is you have not looked at real estate in Reno/Sparks)
I have no idea where you are getting this stuff from. CA runs from 1% to 1.4% in places like Oakland.

Nevada runs from .9% to 1.2% in places like NLV.

"Value" is how you deal with real taxes. The two thousand SF 3/2/2 costs 180K in Las Vegas. Costs $500K in San Diego. Same house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 08:15 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
I have no idea where you are getting this stuff from. CA runs from 1% to 1.4% in places like Oakland.

I suggest you research Prop 13, and voted in addons.

Nevada runs from .9% to 1.2% in places like NLV. You don't pay Nevada property tax do you? If you did you would know that whatever it was you posted is just flat wrong.

https://www.nvenergy.com/business/ec...pertytaxes.pdf.

"Value" is how you deal with real taxes. The two thousand SF 3/2/2 costs 180K in Las Vegas. Costs $500K in San Diego. Same house. Tax rates are tax rates, Values are values, confusing them is not an indicator of understanding.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
I suggest you research Prop 13, and voted in addons.

Nevada runs from .9% to 1.2% in places like NLV. You don't pay Nevada property tax do you? If you did you would know that whatever it was you posted is just flat wrong.

https://www.nvenergy.com/business/ec...pertytaxes.pdf.

"Value" is how you deal with real taxes. The two thousand SF 3/2/2 costs 180K in Las Vegas. Costs $500K in San Diego. Same house. Tax rates are tax rates, Values are values, confusing them is not an indicator of understanding.
By Proposition 13, the annual real estate tax on a parcel of property is limited to 1% of its assessed value. This "assessed value," may be increased only by a maximum of 2% per year, until and unless the property has a change of ownership.[6] At the time of the change in ownership the low assessed value may be reassessed to complete current market value which will produce a new base year value for the property, but future assessments are likewise restricted to the 2% annual maximum increase of the new base year value. From Prop 13 at the wiki

In Nevada

https://www.nvenergy.com/business/ec...pertytaxes.pdf

Clark county is 3.05%

Real Property Taxes:
The formula for calculating real property tax is as follows:
Taxable Value x .35 = Assessed Value
Assessed Value x Tax Rate = Total Property Tax

So Taxable value X.35 X 3.05 = 1.06XTaxable value...

Or in plain language a property tax of 1.06%

Practically it ranges from .0.8% to 1.25%

Of course value is important. On the same exact house you pay three or four times the taxes in CA than you do in NV. The CA house is in no way a better house...so for the same value received you pay a lot more.

And yes I do pay property taxes on a Nevada property...I pay about 0.8%.

Last edited by lvoc; 12-13-2012 at 10:43 AM..

Old 12-13-2012, 08:09 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
Not sure you got a handle on property tax there young feller.

Quote:
On the same exact house you pay three or four times the taxes in CA than you do in NV. The CA house is in no way a better house...
An amazingly non sequitur-ish answer, if one is talking about rates, values are irrelevant.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Not sure you got a handle on property tax there young feller.

An amazingly non sequitur-ish answer, if one is talking about rates, values are irrelevant.
Stop trying to be clever you are not up to the role.

I was a CA taxpayer when Prop 13 passed. I have been a regular Nevada tax payer for the last 15 years including while Nevada adopted its version of Prop 13...which, by the way, Nevada did much better than California.

Your obtuse problems with values shed no light. The same house in Summerlin or in Long Beach has a large tax difference. You tell us which way it goes.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:36 PM

2,845 posts, read 4,516,151 times
if you're done, I'd like to have my thread back please.....

I took a cruise up to Beatty earlier this week, here's another little diddy to stop & gander at along the way. Remember that funky red hill that I've always wondered about - the one that I'm not sure if the top layer of dirt has been peeled back to reveal the bright red dirt or if it was leftovers from another project? Well, kitty corner across the highway is Big Dune. Scientists have tested the sand in this dune & have determined it is the same sand that is found in Death Valley, the winds have blown it to this location & with each gust of wind, it continues to move. At one point it was closer to Amargosa Valley (south of it's present location), it appears to be moving north towards Beatty. On the long holiday weekends, this place is a hotbed of activity as atv'ers are crawling all over it like ants!
Attached Thumbnails
Nye County-dsc02386.jpg   Nye County-dsc02387.jpg  

Old 12-14-2012, 05:39 PM

this is our DMV, the only one we have in town. I know Tonopah has a DMV....according to the DMV website, those are the only 2 DMV offices in Nye County.

Our DMV is located on Basin & has a very small staff compared to Clark County. We have 8 (I think) employees that handle the foot traffic, they deal with ~200 people every single day. We have 1 guy that handles vin inspections. That's it, there's the whole staff. Because there are only 2 DMV offices in the whole county, we get a LOT of traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Nye County-dsc02390.jpg  

Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 PM

OK, you've waited long enough for the adult side of Pahrump...so here it is

Bikinis - located just south of Beatty on Hwy 95. Newest of the brothels, opened....oh 3 yrs ago I guess. It's rumored the owner moved here from Oregon/Washington (?) decided a brothel would be a good business to operate & right there in the middle of the desert is a good spot to put one. From what I hear, he is losing $$$ badly.

Chicken Ranch - located in Pahrump, on the very very south end. You may recognize the building, it was in the movie "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas".

Sheri's Ranch - located in Pahrump, right next door to the Chicken Ranch. Main difference between Chicken Ranch & Sheri's is Sheri's has a sports bar with food. You can enjoy a sports bar atmosphere without participating in the for adult entertainment. Sheri's also does tours, Chicken Ranch does not.

The brothels in Pahrump are not on the main road & you have to KNOW where to find them, it's not somewhere you will just stumble upon. The girls who work in these establishments are "contract" employees. They spend X amount of months here & then go on with their regular lives the rest of the year. While they are here, they are not allowed to leave the compound on their own (so they aren't soliciting while in town), they are required to get medical checkups once a month or once a week (I forget the details) & the customers are required to wear a condom, no condom = no trick.
Attached Thumbnails
Nye County-bikinis.jpg   Nye County-chicken-ranch.jpg   Nye County-chicken-ranch-2.jpg   Nye County-chicken-ranch-3.jpg   Nye County-sheris-ranch.jpg  

Nye County-sheris-ranch-2.jpg   Nye County-sheris-ranch-3.jpg  

Old 12-17-2012, 06:27 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
OK, you've waited long enough for the adult side of Pahrump...so here it is

Bikinis - located just south of Beatty on Hwy 95. Newest of the brothels, opened....oh 3 yrs ago I guess. It's rumored the owner moved here from Oregon/Washington (?) decided a brothel would be a good business to operate & right there in the middle of the desert is a good spot to put one. From what I hear, he is losing $$$ badly.

Chicken Ranch - located in Pahrump, on the very very south end. You may recognize the building, it was in the movie "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas".

Sheri's Ranch - located in Pahrump, right next door to the Chicken Ranch. Main difference between Chicken Ranch & Sheri's is Sheri's has a sports bar with food. You can enjoy a sports bar atmosphere without participating in the for adult entertainment. Sheri's also does tours, Chicken Ranch does not.

The brothels in Pahrump are not on the main road & you have to KNOW where to find them, it's not somewhere you will just stumble upon. The girls who work in these establishments are "contract" employees. They spend X amount of months here & then go on with their regular lives the rest of the year. While they are here, they are not allowed to leave the compound on their own (so they aren't soliciting while in town), they are required to get medical checkups once a month or once a week (I forget the details) & the customers are required to wear a condom, no condom = no trick.
A WELL researched report Cre8

Old 12-17-2012, 06:39 PM

Not to be a spoil sport but if I remember correctly none of the brothels are in Pahrump... which does not allow them. In fact Pahrump has been trying for some years to get rid of its girly club.

I think I remember some deal where a commissioner wore a wire while being bribed to get a brothel or something into Pahrump? By the guy who runs the girly club?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada