Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 04:11 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,991 times

Advertisements

I am 100% for the death penalty. While I am proud to live in a death penalty state, I have a problem with who Nevada chooses to execute.

With only one exception, everyone who received the death penalty in Nevada (since capital punishment was made legal again in 1976) let their appeals run out and made the decision to die. This includes the next monster scheduled to be executed, the guy who killed that sweet old lady who was a retired teacher.

Only giving the DP to those who choose it is simply assisted suicide. We should be executing everyone on death row including the majority who want to live.

There are so many evil, rotten to the core, murderers in the Nevada prison system. The state should be killing them each and every day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 02:37 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,044,161 times
(moved from Nevada forum as it's not necessarily state specific and probably would be better being discussed as a general issue.)

Moved back to Nevada forum after topic getting mashed to an abortion debate. I should have known better. If any Nevadans want to discuss Jay F's opening post and how it specifically pertains to Nevada, have at it.

Last edited by scirocco22; 10-13-2007 at 11:23 AM..

Old 10-12-2007, 02:46 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,917,361 times
so two wrongs make a right? and every living thing must answer to you when it comes to being worthy of life and death? Ann Coulter talks about jews needing to be perfected, but seems here in america we are fascinated with basic old testiment doctrine... eye for an eye? doesn't seem like we practice what we preach too much.. its definetely not humane... nor is it christian... so what should we call it?

Old 10-12-2007, 03:06 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
so two wrongs make a right? and every living thing must answer to you when it comes to being worthy of life and death? Ann Coulter talks about jews needing to be perfected, but seems here in america we are fascinated with basic old testiment doctrine... eye for an eye? doesn't seem like we practice what we preach too much.. its definetely not humane... nor is it christian... so what should we call it?
Why not call it retroactive abortion? That will make everyone feel better.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:21 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,917,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Why not call it retroactive abortion? That will make everyone feel better.
well exactly that.. I don't know what to call it.. I'm just being a devils advocate... you assume that I have expressed an opinion, when in fact you point out exactly where the right wing agenda is hypocritical.. they wish to protect POSSIBLE lives from abortion, yet are all for the disregard of CURRENT life that they see as a "waste".

where's the reasoning?

Old 10-12-2007, 03:25 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,998,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I am 100% for the death penalty. While I am proud to live in a death penalty state, I have a problem with who Nevada chooses to execute.

With only one exception, everyone who received the death penalty in Nevada (since capital punishment was made legal again in 1976) let their appeals run out and made the decision to die. This includes the next monster scheduled to be executed, the guy who killed that sweet old lady who was a retired teacher.

Only giving the DP to those who choose it is simply assisted suicide. We should be executing everyone on death row including the majority who want to live.

There are so many evil, rotten to the core, murderers in the Nevada prison system. The state should be killing them each and every day!
And given the fallibility of the American justice system, there's also always the possibility that some of those on death row aren't evil, rotten to the core, or murderers. Does "bringing justice" to the majority justify unjustly executing the non-guilty minority?

Old 10-12-2007, 03:26 PM

Boise, the reasoning is that abortion as a form of terminating a life is acceptable to most progressives, while capital punishment is not. One is forced to conclude that progressives value the lives of criminals over those of blameless unborn children.

I find that both hypocritical and monstrous. Don't you?

Old 10-12-2007, 03:29 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post

In cases where someone has taken the life of another human beimg, I'd call it justice.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:30 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,998,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Boise, the reasoning is that abortion as a form of terminating a life is acceptable to most progressives, while capital punishment is not. One is forced to conclude that progressives value the lives of criminals over those of blameless unborn children.

I find that both hypocritical and monstrous. Don't you?
Or... it might be that they value the life of a falsely accused/convicted person more than they do that of a first trimester fetus that hasn't developed any form of mind, emotions, or consciousness... it's like taking out a blueprint on one hand and then taking out the completed deal on the other. I don't mean to sound callous, and am not completely pro-choice in all instances, but I have to go so I typing this quick.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Or... it might be that they value the life of a falsely accused/convicted person more than they do that of a first or second trimester fetus that hasn't developed any form of mind, emotions, or consciousness... it's like taking out a blueprint on one hand and then taking out the completed deal on the other. I don't mean to sound callous, and am not completely pro-choice in all instances, but I have to go so I typing this quick.
"It's not a baby, it's a blueprint", huh?

Well, it'll fit on a Prius-sized bumpersticker. That seems to be the philosophical criterion for "Progressives" these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada