U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 01:52 AM

2 posts, read 3,879 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have been thinking about moving to Vegas for quite a while now. I actually had a couple MGM Signature condos picked out about a year ago, but there was a delay with a settlement I was suppose to receive. Now of course they have pretty much doubled in price it seems. So needless to say I am VERY bummed out about that. Not only are they very very nice inside, but I would have been able to get in there at an unbelievable price and if things didn't work out and I had to sell for some reason I would have actually made money. No more dwelling on what could have been though, unfortunate but that is life. I guess its possible that a few others pop up in short sale or foreclosure again. As far as I know the market is improving (especially on the strip) but it is still in a recovery. So maybe there is a chance... so hey if anyone comes across another nice deal on one of those or something similar right on the strip there please private message me or reply to thread. I will try to check back here often, because things should be getting all straightened out for me and I may be ready to move out there maybe even as soon as 2-3 months !

Anyways, the reason I started this thread is because now that great deals on strip locations are few and far between I have been looking off the strip. I was also told from a few friends that live there that it is actually much better to live off the strip. A couple of them live 15-25 minutes away, and they really like it there. There still seems to be some good deals on places not directly on the strip as I am sure it is rebounding slower than real estate on the strip itself. I am not sure exactly how much I will get right away so I am looking for places around 50-125k. Since the strip might be out of the question now unless I find another hot foreclosure or something like that I will probably lean towards the 50-75k range.

Leading me to what made me start the thread. Looking at some of the Desert Pine Villas, they look very nice inside, and at around 50-60k very affordable. I know before the collapse these were selling for around 140-180k ? They do look nice, modern, nice layouts etc etc.
--- Does anyone know if this is a good area as far as crime ? Or is there anything else I should be concerned with ? I would really like to be in as nice of an area as possible, I don't live in the best area right now. I can handle it fine, so it isn't the worst thing in the world if it is OK, but I do find it annoying living like that in a sketchy area. So maybe someone could tell me a bit about the area here, and if there is much of anything to worry about ?

I am also open to other suggestions, and areas. Again close proximity to the strip is key, and almost my main point, but the area crime/noise/ and then eventually down the road with schools are also considerations. Lower the HoA fee is obviously the better as well which is another reason why the strip is tough. If there is a deal to be had there it will make up for the higher HoA, but paying a premium for a place on the strip plus a high HoA I don't think is worth it, and would rather look at other options. Of course if I was on the strip I may not need a car which is a bonus as well, but maybe public transportation is ok there ? I am not just limiting myself to condos either, townhouses or single familys are FINE (actually a single family would be preferred) but just not sure how much that will jack up the cost... Onto transport.. I have never been without a car in my life, and never used public transport, but I will be looking to really limit my expenses for the first 5 years or so. Finally... I am terrified of spiders, and if they are big I might have a heart attack, I don't have arachnophobia but damn close.

Hope I didn't ramble too much, focus on the BOLD first if your speeding through. Thanks a bunch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or